Author Topic: Evolution 4 Light Kit Battery  (Read 2856 times)

kyy94312

Evolution 4 Light Kit Battery
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:25:49 am »
I have received the light kit and test it, it is very good and well balance on my G2.  

My only question is, the batteries that came with the kit is rechargable or not?  My kit came with 6 batteries and they are wrapped by green plastic.  

Thanks a lot.

n3mo

Re: Evolution 4 Light Kit Battery
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 01:11:13 am »
i couldn't find places anywhere to buy the battery...but yes, its rechargeable =]
http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=460
thats it at jugglingstore, a lot of other places sell it too.
- Princeton Juggling Club -

kyy94312

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:48:00 am »
I have obtained the charger yesterday and tried to charge my batteries.  I noticed that when I connected the charger to the light kits, the charger LEDs only blinked for a few minutes and then there was no more lights from the charger's LEDs.  Is it normal?  Thanks for sharing.

seán_

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 01:32:28 am »
The batteries come pre charged so unless you used them a lot they don't need a long charge. In theory the green lights stop flashing when they are charged, or maybe its vice versa... who knows, its MB stuff.

kyy94312

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 03:12:47 am »
Thanks seán_ for your input.  I finally get the answer.  The light blinks for only a few minutes was due to the dead of the power adaptor.  I just used the wrong votage adaptor that came along with the kit.  Now I have changed the power adaptor and now it works fine.  But the whole thing doesn't seem very robust.  I really don't know when should I stop the charger since the LED on the charger blinks very long time without stop.  I just stopped it after 10 hours of charging.  

n3mo

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 03:14:22 am »
the green light stops flashing and stays solid when its charged (for me, anyway), took only a few hours.
it also takes a while to deplete batteries. i ran most of it out by leaving it on for about 6 hours straight (trick or treating as a weird, floating ball of light xD)
- Princeton Juggling Club -

kyy94312

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 03:32:17 am »
I thought that the running cost without the charger just too high.  I have 4 G2s and all of them attached with the light kits.  Without the charger unit, I replaced the rechargable batteries to LR44.  However, those LR44 (Maxell) could only last for 1.5 hours and then the lights died.  The cost of replacing Maxell LR44 one time is almost even to buy a charger.  Don't know why the LR44 has such short life span.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 04:51:50 pm »
It's a pretty high power usage in the light kits so regular button cell batteries will run out quite quickly because they're only really designed for low power usage (like calculators and memory power).

The rechargable batteries are totally worth it so definitely get the splitter and the charger if you don't have an equivalent power supply.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills