Author Topic: Liquid Lights  (Read 8312 times)

Martijn

Liquid Lights
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:31:28 pm »
As some of you may remember, Peter asked me to test his illuminated diabolo handsticks and asked me if I wanted to make a promo video for the sticks. I was really happy Peter asked me, because the stick are awesome. Go to http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1379.60 or http://hiwatt.kukuma.info for more information. The video is finally finished and I am proud to present to you all... Liquid Lights.

Direct download:
http://circusplanet.net/video/liquidlights.avi (95 MB)

Streaming:
http://juggling.tv/vaults/view_video.php?viewkey=55b24c4e168c5fc2ebd4
http://juggletube.com/mediadetails.php?key=24b7b7f50282d9a19945

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dn6q4RYctWI#lq-hq
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: Liquid Lights
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:46:20 pm »
Wow those sticks look mighty impressive, especially on the suicides. For shows and performances these things look the bomb! Possible birthday present I think ;D

Nice montage Martijn by the way.

-Leo

Behind your back is your front.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 06:50:25 pm »
I really enjoyed that , you have great style and those sticks made it even better !
Nice editing aswell , I liked the relax atmosphere.
Keep up the good work  ;)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 07:06:59 pm »
I really enjoyed that. The sticks look great, i may have to get some, next step, glowing string  ;D. From the way they moved it looks like they're a bit heavy. Are they?
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Martijn

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 07:37:00 pm »
The Silver edition (blue sticks) are on the heavy side I think. The Gold edition (white sticks) weigh about the same as Henry's alu sticks, so I think they are perfect! Have a look at this topic for more information about the specs :)

Loriot

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 08:23:48 pm »
That was some awesome work ;).
I like everything in this video. You made something special.
The atmosphere and everything fit perfect together and it is no more a "simple" Diabolo-Video, it is art in its own way.
Liked the beginning very much with the effect in the water and the sequences in the half-dark room are great!
It is positive that you (Martijn) can be seen while playing.
Congratulation!!!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 09:31:42 pm »
That looks really good.  I love how the sticks look especially on those integrals and I want a pair but I dunno when my parents will let me get some  :-\  Also I was wondering if those sticks are durable? 

Nice vid and sticks,
Josh

Martijn

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 10:38:57 pm »
Hi Josh, I can assure you that the sticks are very durable. Mine have made some nasty drops and hits, but they still work just fine.

Liked the beginning very much with the effect in the water and the sequences in the half-dark room are great!
It is positive that you (Martijn) can be seen while playing.

Yeah, I was really happy with the opening shot, the reflection in the water was awesome, it really fits with the title of the video. Also, a blue d.ca shirt + halfbright blue spotlight = wicked illimunated juggling filmings!

Thanks for all the comments so far guys :)

brind0g

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 11:56:58 pm »
AWESOME WORK MARTIJN!! That video Rocked my Socks! Haha Serisouly that was very entertaining and i loved every second of it! I want to get me some of those sticks now! ;)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 01:34:15 am »
Perfect use of music, very well edited indeed.  Great shot composition. Very nice demonstration of all the possibilities with them, and how good each one looks.  Some rather good tech diabolo shizzle in there too.  A brilliant watch!

Now i need to sleep!

Night night

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 02:55:06 am »
Finally got to watch the whole thing on this ultra-slow connection. Very nicely done Martijn! Quite professional - that will be a great promo for Peter. I think you've more than earned your pair of light sticks! :P

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 03:56:59 pm »
i keep being asked about the integral suicide(?) at 1:24...

is there a name for this trick and are you the inventor? its a very nice trick, could you write some words about it, tijn? which kinda wrap do you start with?

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 11:45:48 pm »
I was really happy to see a new comment on my video! ;D Unfortunately I didn't create that integral, but it's rather sweet isn't it? It's Jako's integral suicide, it's a classic move! That you guys have forgotten... I really like the way I tweaked it to my style though, with the sort of "late" catch/armstall kinda exit.

You start out with a hand/fingerstall with your righthand. Then you let go of the rightstick and make it 'unwrap' (diabolo is already in open string) the diabolo. Shortly after that, you throw your leftstick to the right under the diabolo, so it wraps the diabolo. Catch and smile (ugh, that sentence should be erased from everybody's memory) :P

nev

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 12:38:46 am »
Yeah, I remember learning that one about 18months ago - it was the first integral I learnt & I have to say, still one of my favorites even though I havent tried it in the past year (kinda forgot about it)

The sticks are fantastic though - they sure are durable (& make a great torch if you're camping and forgot to take any light)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 01:06:08 am »
Haha! I can imagine the next convention Nev.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Niclas

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 06:41:52 am »
Very cool video.
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 12:11:43 pm »
haha nev, they can be missused very nicely! i was on the donauinsel festival(biggest festival in the EU - far over 1 million people and hundreds of artists on dozens of stages)at the Gentleman concert, thanks to the lights it was easy to gather all my friends in the same place :) and they are even waterproof, which is great on rainy campingsessions ;D

back on topic:
Tijn, the video is a great success, i showed it to many many people since you released it, and they were all really impressed about the professionality. even my filmmaking(cutters, editors, cameramen) friends were amazed ;D LL is art!

thanks for the tips on Jako's integral, its a very stylish trick! i'll pass it over to the people in the german forum and of course ill try for my own!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Martijn

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 06:19:11 pm »
Cool, glad I could help :) And thanks for the kind words, I'm really happy with the result as well!