Author Topic: FEDC04 2diabolo 1st Tetsunori Saito  (Read 3943 times)

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
FEDC04 2diabolo 1st Tetsunori Saito
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:17:35 am »
[youtube=425,350]2XohcQine48
Far East Diabolo Competition
March 2006

just stumbled across on youtube, i searched for tetsunori saito on the forum but without any results!
its a really nice 2d routine, with some nice technical tricks in it!
i wonder why its called fedc04 because in the video description it says 2006...

so yeah, really worth a watch :)

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
Re: FEDC04 2diabolo 1st Tetsunori Saito
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:36:02 am »
I really enjoyed that, it was a nice routine!
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:43:14 am »
It is definately his 2006/03 routine. I'm sure this has been posted on the forum before. I still want to see what happened at this years FEDC
Behind your back is your front.

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 11:45:20 am »
weird, i searched too without results, but that video has been posted here before (and all top5(?) fedc04 1d and 2d routines also)

its fedc04 because its 4th far east diabolo convention.. (there have been 3 fedc before it - today i cant write proper english)

by the way.. do all people in far east use our calendar system? i dont think so..

EDIT: here you find atleast all saitos videos.. http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1411.0

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 02:05:54 pm »
Although i do like the technical aspects of this routine, i dislike the way acts like this and other competitions acts tend to be just standing there churning out one trick after another. Theres no movement, no expression. A bit like those trick ladder comps there used to be. So, i did really enjoy the technical, but i think it could be well combined with some more performing. Although, in these competitions i doubt this is taken into account much, to be honest i don't know. Someone enlighten me.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

seán_

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 05:07:33 pm »
I think it's diabolo for diaboloists Pete there's plenty of stuff in there that would go over the head of the GP and even jugglers who might know a bit about diabolo. None of this have some extra points because your smiling so your enjoying it (or loose points if you dont) or thats a nice costume have some points or that would work really well as a routine for a juggling convention/ a public show/ a street act/ cabaret etc.
So it's kind of like what the WJF would probably like the diabolo comp to be ;)

IIR there was another section that was geared towards a more artistic performance type deal as well (at least at fed02)

If people want to check out more videos from the fedc a good place to start is the video sticky there are 4 or 5 threads about it there. A lot of videos were on Makkys site but that seems to be down so the interenet archive or youtube might b ethe way to go there.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 12:47:27 am »
Yeah, He has some nice technical stuff. But honestly, that video bored the crap out of me. He had no flow IMO. Maybe I've just been watching William too much..

Although i do like the technical aspects of this routine, i dislike the way acts like this and other competitions acts tend to be just standing there churning out one trick after another. Theres no movement, no expression. A bit like those trick ladder comps there used to be. So, i did really enjoy the technical, but i think it could be well combined with some more performing.

A lot of emphasis on that from my point of view.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Saito

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 12:51:58 am »
This is my old routine.
Thanks for some comments :)

by the way.. do all people in far east use our calendar system? i dont think so..
We use your calender system, but we also have our own calender system each country.
In Japan, Emperor's calendar is used.

>Pete and sean
FEDC was the technical competition so most of the competitors don't take care of some performing.
1-4 points are added each trick.

That was the last FEDC event, and there is no diabolo competitions in Japan these days.
So I went to Taipei diabolo competition this year.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 01:59:09 am »
Saito is the man!  His tricks make me smile (like the stalls over the legs and then over the body in time with the music).  Yeah, saying what others have said, it's last year's competition and it is more like a trick demonstation like with yo-yo competitions which are much bigger in Japan I believe.  Diabolo kinda piggy-backed behind it so follows a similar format and style in my opinion.

Why no competition this year?  Good to hear you are still wanting to compete.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 12:35:01 pm »
hmm, i liked it very much!
...that video bored the crap out of me. He had no flow IMO. Maybe I've just been watching William too much..
you could be right on the last ;)
Saito is the man!  His tricks make me smile (like the stalls over the legs and then over the body in time with the music).
i loved this part, although its definitely not my kind of music.
i think Saito is a great diabolist, he is able to play very accurately. my compliment, Saito :)

im sorry that i posted an already existing topic, i really searched for it(searched for Tetsunori and FEDC04 but no results)just tried FEDC04 again and now i could find the other topic, so i probably had a typo, sorry! thanks for pointing out the other vids, Kapis and Sean_!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Nahxela

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 12:02:36 am »
No worries, it's still a great video :)
I always like the music Saito chooses, as it's always upbeat and has a catchy rhythym! But I still can't get the Lemon Tree remix out of my head :/

Saito's also got great whips: his slackwhips, one handed, and two handed are all great!
He especially shows it off in the PEH competition and the various categories he was in
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life