Author Topic: New!!! Diamond Handsticks  (Read 27159 times)

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
New!!! Diamond Handsticks
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:12:45 am »
Diamond Handsticks by R-Productions

Click for a larger view!

Lenght: 31cm
Weight: 54g per Stick

Supersmooth sticktips will save string, the knots can revolve so there is no annoying stringtorsion, string is supereasy to change, a single knot is enough, no waste of stringlenght, the grips give good feedback of the diabs, the sticks are rigid and not flexible, perfectly balanced for stickreleases,...
Weighted for Diabs like: Finesse, Diabig, Circus, Fly, ...optimal weight for bearing Diabolos ;)

Price:
25,- EURO
and as introduction:
Free Shipping!!!

ordering via email: hiwatt@gmx.at

Comments are appreciated, i hope you like the design!
oh yes, the first 3 orders get a free engraving! :D

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

David - SAS1

Re: New!!! Diamond Handsticks
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:14:58 am »
Those sticks look brilliant.  It's a shame really I have just spent money on another fly.  Do they play like alu's? like the illuminated.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:40:25 am »
Thanks for the nice comment! you cant go wrong with the flys ;)
yes very much, the center of weight is a bit closer to the stickend(3/5) compared to Henrys Alu... out of my expierience this gives a little more smoothnes with stickreleases :)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 12:31:35 pm »
Sweet!

I think I'll order some in about 10 days or so. I take it these aren't illuminated?
Behind your back is your front.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 12:37:01 pm »
Are they flexible?
They look really nice, will probably get a pair.
Will you be selling them at any conventions?
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 01:13:19 pm »
no Guppy, no lights...
no, Alex they are rigid(99.9%rigid)just enough cushioning to be mild to the wrists when doing vertax...
about the conventions, dont know if i'll make it to athens, if so i will take some with me...

thanks, im so glad you like the look ;D

Martijn

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
Oh nice one Peter! Loving the name :) Fair price, nice offer on the free shipping, and the best of all: supersmooth sticktips!

And I really hope you can make it to Athens... it's about time I meet you in person :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 03:34:39 pm »
thx,  8)

yeah, we should meet, Athen would be cool... i hope i can get a ticket!

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 04:00:35 pm »
If you do go to Athens, bring a pair of sticks for me! ;)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 04:47:48 pm »
From now on, the Diamond Handsticks are also availible in white!

thanks for the many requests ;D

Reminder: the shipping is free and usually arrives within a week in the EU or 2 weeks to Asia, Australia & America.
If you want it faster, for 2,50 Euro i can send it with priority mail which takes 2-4days in EU and 3-6 days to Asia, Australia and America.

PayPal is possible but i would prefer banktransfer because of the high transaction fees that i have to pay with paypal ;)

valtzu11

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 05:40:24 pm »
I WANT A PAIR OF THOSE!!!! :o
valtzu

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 05:45:56 pm »
just give me an email ;)

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 02:52:52 pm »
I received my pair of Diamond sticks this morning!

I've only had a chance to play inside today, so I wasn't able to try my whole repertoire of (stick) tricks with 'em, but I must say I already like them. I think you can very easily categorize diabolo into 3 different components: the diabolo, the sticks and the string. I'll write something about the playability of the Diamond sticks on each component.

1) Tricks with Sticks: the sticks release well, fly well and land well back into your hands! The weight and weight distribution is really nice, they give great feedback and don't smack into your hand, but land very softly. It's almost like a russian juggling ball! :D They fly pretty slow, so your stick releases will look and feel much better, more controlled and a lot smoother. I can imagine it'll take some time to get used to the weight, if you've been using light sticks like Henry's Carbon. However, people who already like Henry's alu or MB Xtreme sticks will definitely love the Diamond sticks.

2) Diabolo, sticks stay in your hands: the sticks are comfortable to play with. They give good feedback, the handles have perfect grip (not as much as the MB silicon, just enough :)), so your stick-only / nonspinning tricks and traps work great with the Diamond sticks. Grinds: the sticks are a bit thicker than Henry's alu, but I don't find this a problem. If you're crazy about stick- and fingergrinds, it's likely you're using a diabolo with a wide axle (Finesse, JC , Fly...) already, so the Diamond sticks will grind just as well as the MB Xtreme or Energy sticks!

3) String handling, slack, knots, webs: the sticks are very slick, so your string won't stick to the sticks or handles (I find that so annoying with the MB silicon and sometimes even with Henry's alu's grips :(). The string releases fine from knots, your webs and figures will stay on great... not much more to say here. In short: not a single problem for string handling.

And besides... they're shiny! ;D *blingbling*

Yet another high quality, well thought out product Peter, well done! I hope to give 'em a good session outside this week.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

valtzu11

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 05:33:34 pm »
i'll by one of those when i hav the money ;D
valtzu

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 05:41:24 pm »
Wow, I might have to get myself a pair or two. However, I do have a few questions. Do they break/bend easily (like if an unwrapped inf. suicide or genocide were to hit the floor). Also, do they dent like henry's alu when the tip is dropped on cement?

If not, then what the hell am I waiting for! Haha.

ps: if I decide to buy a pair, can I pay in US currency?

hmm... or should I wait until you modify a set to have LED features. That will be insane. :P
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 06:35:06 pm »
no, they dont break easily on hard tricks and they will never bend, or dent. but of course if you do unwrapped inf. suicides on cement there is a little risk to break them. i play on concrete very often though but i take care not to overstrech my luck ;) they can take quite many harsh crashes and of course they are made for tricks like minigens, genocides, integrals, unwrapped infinites and whatever. what i want to say: you should not be stupidly brutal to them just play diabolo with them...so dont get me wrong, they are really durable!

there will be no optional lights, but you can get the Diamond Handsticks together with GoldEditions(Batts included+1 extra set of replacement batts) for 70,-Euro as a setprice, shipping is free!

yes, you can pay in USD, there are also many other currencys possible - you can use www.xe.com for currency translation - thats what i do ;)

oh, and its great to see that there are finally some fellows interested! but i wonder why there are so few replys, because in the german forum they go like hot cakes ;D

Cheers,
Peter

fredo

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 08:34:58 pm »
I've got a pair and I must say these sticks are definitely worth every single cent!

They don't bend at all, they're just as rigid as good sticks have to be. The wieght balance is just perfect, they land so softly after a suicide and you have so much control, that I could hardly believe it the first time I was playing.

They're a bit heavier than the Xtremes, but due to the extraordinary weight balance, stick releases feel even smoother. However, I have some problems with two or three tricks. But I think this will be gone after some time of getting used to them.

They're highly visible, the see-through design makes them look glittey while flying throgh the air! A really nice effect, must try this under spotlight...

Get a pair! They're absolutely amazing sticks! Oh, and I think, white looks better ;D

thewu

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 10:19:43 pm »
just wondering, how big are the holes where you feed the strings into? i have some pretty thick cotton strings that I like using for my bearings diabolos and was wondering if those would fit.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 08:42:42 am »
Yeah and do they have a habit of getting haggard edges and cutting string fast like henry's Alu?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 10:55:47 am »
no, they are the softest to string of all handsticks i tried, i usually play the yellow henrys till its black(really black and unplayable - so rough you can almost do a stringclimb on open string). well, thats wat i meant they have supersmooth sticktips ;)

oh and thewu, the holes are exactly 2,3mm for the string and 4,5 for the knots if you want i can make a bigger drilling, but i wouldn't go for a wider drilling than 3mm(oh and with such a big string it could be hard to get the knot into the hole)how fat is your string actually?