Author Topic: New!!! Diamond Handsticks  (Read 25779 times)

Martijn

Re: New!!! Diamond Handsticks
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 10:59:47 am »
Nice offer Peter!

They don't bend at all, they're just as rigid as good sticks have to be.

I have to disagree on that. If you really try to bend them in your hands, they are a bit flexible. I'd say they are about 85%? rigid. That tiny bit of flex is enough to take some pressure of your wrists (in excalibur for example), and again help to your movements be smoother.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

thewu

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 06:29:40 am »
OLOBAID - the string is between 3 and 4 milimeters; i can't really get an accurate measurement with a ruler. yeah, I think using that string is out of the question. :p thanks though

David - SAS1

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 09:23:21 pm »
Received them today and love them.  They have a tiny bit of flex just to stop strain in vertax.  They have an excellent weight and flow nicely in stick release tricks.  They are very nice for 2d as well as 1d.  They are not too hard on the catches so are easy to lost and brilliant!!!
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 10:04:52 am »
David, Fredo and Tijn, thank you very much for the nice reviews - that is what keeps me going ;D

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Rastaman

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 01:14:57 pm »
After reading so many interesting reviews i have only one thing to say: Bring it on baby!! ;D So Peter, Ill be sending you and email soon to get me a pair of those diamond beauties. I especially like the smooth flying and the glittering that everybody have written. I now have Mb Xtremes so i guess ill become to like the diamons even more because i like my extremes very much. ;) Oh and keep up the good work!
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Martijn

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 02:09:30 pm »
Oh definitely, you're making the right choice mate ;) You might wanna consider Peter's deal if you're looking for lightsticks as well. http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1379.msg38085#msg38085

dajackster

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 03:17:30 pm »
neat!!! i want some! :o
Da Jackster

David - SAS1

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 12:33:38 am »
Oh definitely, you're making the right choice mate ;) You might wanna consider Peter's deal if you're looking for lightsticks as well. http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1379.msg38085#msg38085
Yep I did this deal and i Like both sets of sticks, diabolo till dark with the diamonds the caarry on with the golds
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Rastaman

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 10:12:27 am »
Great advice Martijn! I'm almost sure that ill get them both because i was just looking for some cool new equipment to put my money into and I'm guessing this is it(plus the Powerisers which make me feel like a superhuman) ;D So ill be sure to send an order to Peter! Hope to see you in some conventions once i get enough money to come to any.
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 01:17:02 pm »
Could someone take a photo of the diamond handsticks next to the xtremes (and the henrys aluminum if possible)? I'm considering them, but I'm finding it hard to picture how they compare in shape and size.

David - SAS1

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 05:11:33 pm »
i cannot view the pics, David... any chance that you upload it on www.photobucket.com or imageshack.com or something similiar? im really curious :)

Martijn

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 06:24:43 pm »
Here they are. From left to right: Gold Edition, Diamond, Henry's alu, Xtreme classic, Xtreme silicon. (click on it)

(I've got the original 3200x1500 pics too if you'd like)

David - SAS1

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 06:34:11 pm »
i cannot view the pics, David... any chance that you upload it on www.photobucket.com or imageshack.com or something similiar? im really curious :)
Sure, I'll post the link later, some of the shots will be vectored so they will be posted in the diabolo art thread sometime

David - SAS1

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 07:04:51 pm »

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 07:16:32 pm »
haha, nice! wide flys and diamonds, a great combination! i especially like the ufogrind closeup, but the others are nice too :) thanks for posting them!

David - SAS1

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 07:17:50 pm »
That's my favourite as well

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 07:19:24 pm »
Here they are...
Thanks! I think I can see a wave in the handle of the henrys stick!

You've added your own tape to the bottom of the gold and diamond sticks?

thewu

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 08:01:12 pm »
David - what kind of string do you use? if it's thicker than the henry's yellow then i might consider getting the diamond sticks. (since they'll actually fit...) :)

Martijn

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 09:08:30 pm »
Thewu, I'm using MB string, which is also thicker than Henry's, so don't worry about that :)

Thanks! I think I can see a wave in the handle of the henrys stick!

You've added your own tape to the bottom of the gold and diamond sticks?

Ha yeah, those are my old and abused Henry's stick right there.

And yes, it's almost like a standard procedure for me. I did that to protect the protection caps :P For the lightsticks, the extra grip is an advantage, it's a lot easier for me to take them off the stick that way.