Author Topic: New!!! Diamond Handsticks  (Read 27197 times)

David - SAS1

Re: New!!! Diamond Handsticks
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 10:16:45 pm »
I think it is MB string but I am not sure as it is the string that pete put on when I bought the sticks
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

diabolo store

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007, 02:21:30 am »
wats the difference between good editon and the diamond ones. Also, what are the grips made out of and are they soft and grippy?
http://www.diabolo.ca/not-linked-to
Supplier of chinese yoyos and diabolos-single bell and double bell

David - SAS1

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2007, 10:04:36 am »
The gold editions have led's in the handle so are light sticks where as the diamond editions do not.  The handles are not soft but are slightly grippy in the palms so easy to hold.  They are not neccessarily soft like extremes but easy to hold and catch.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Nahxela

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 09:11:40 pm »
Plus the grips on the diamond/gold sticks don't wear away at the ends as easily as the silicon (is it silicon?) grips on the extremes, as the grips of the extremes I have are pretty worn at the end :(.
Plus they're really dented because I missed a vertax genocide next to a brick column  :'(
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Kobe

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2007, 12:31:59 pm »
Here my review:

I've got my sticks from tuesday, and I must say, they are the best sticks I've ever played!  :)
At first, the design is very nice, and they have a beautiful effect while playing in the sunshine.
But if you do grinds or correcting two/three diabolos with henrys circus (without teflon hubs), it doesn't looks that nice afterwards.  :( They play very different as other sticks, but they play (in my opinion) most like wooden sticks. They have approximately the same grip at the handsticks, and the thickness is almost the same I think.
I've played them at a beach, wednesday, and though the wind was heavy, with stick releases the stick lands perfectly in my hands. Tricks like triple sprinkler suicide out are much more easy with these sticks.

But, I also perform at street, and here comes the problem. The first time I played them there was no problem, besides the protection cap was a bit damaged after hitting the road. But today, I was just doing a little warming up, and with some stupid trick with one diabolo, I let my stick fall, a piece had been demolished(right word?)  :(

I wasn't doing spectacular tricks, like mini genocide's or inf suicides,... It was just a sun or something (I was very lazy), and the stick fell from my hand. I can still play with them but at the tip, where the string comes out of the stick, a piece broke of, so its a sharp and the stick cuts the string. Just like used Henry's alu :)

So it are very nice sticks, especially the weight, but not really to perform at street :(

Kobe

David - SAS1

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2007, 05:09:40 pm »
good review but isn't it just common sense not to use very nice props on conrete in the street as they break.  If performing on the steet I would advise you try and perform in parks next too a main path so that you are seen and your equipment doesn't break.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2007, 03:52:38 am »
Man, $100 for the DS and the GE deal, I wanted a unicycle but that can wait I guess.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Rastaman

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2007, 09:29:05 am »
Soo, I'm waiting for my DS and GE's. I ordered GE as a set of one blue handstick and the other one red. And i got "Kuradisarv" engraved on the blue stick(meaning "Devilhorn" in English, which is my nickname). The feedback and communication with Peter was awesome. He`s doing a great job! :D Ill be posting some pictures(maybe even a video) of me playing with them soon. gotta get lights for my finesses first(after i finally get my guitar-set). I hope everything will work out because I'm running on a tight budget here. ;D
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2007, 01:46:23 pm »
thanks for the review, Kobe! sorry to read about the problem, i sent you a pm.
and thanks to David, Alex and Cpt.J.Sparrow for their nice comments :)
thanks to everybody who ordered the sticks for their trust in me!

i think i have to give out a warning for using the sticks on concrete or other very hard surfaces like tiled floor!
although the sticks are really durable, a unlucky smash on very hard floor can break the sticks...
note: it is possible to glue broken sticks very nicely, you have to use a sort of glue thats able to glue acryll(and read the instructions of the glue well ;))

all the best,
Peter

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Hodges

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 08:54:41 pm »
i was going to buy henry's aluminium sticks cos my carbons broke, but i was just reading up on the diamonds and was wondering, could anyone write up a comparison between the 2 sticks, including things like: how easily dented if dropped, how easy/efficient the string attachment is, general durability etc...
if anyone could do that for me i'd be very grateful ;D.

hodges
Where's the bloody Summer?!?!?

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 10:07:54 pm »
My pay check just came in so I will be purchasing GE and DS soon. Although all I can say is it's uncomfortable diaboloing with Henry's aluminum sticks. So I think these will be very much better.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 12:10:33 pm »
The info you require is in this thread Hodges, mostly on the first page where Martijn writes a review of the Diamond sticks and compares them very similarly to the Henrys Aluminiums but with slight differences such as centre of mass and grip.

If there is a specific issue that hasn't been addressed, then do post again in this thread.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2007, 04:31:36 am »
Well, my Diamond Sticks, and Gold Edtions will be here in a few weeks I can't wait, now I will have a complete illumination set up (all blue too!).

Rastaman

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2007, 06:22:27 pm »
I got my GE`s and Diamonds with the evening post. They are awesome! I have to say THANKS! to Peter for making such wonderful sticks. They fit very well for cide-tricks. I'm waiting for it to get dark so i can try them out in the dark. If you haven't got one already you should really get a set! ;D Ps. Sorry for many ! but I'm just very exited atm.
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 04:45:08 am »
I got them a few days ago, THEY ARE AMAZING. Although I dropped it on concrete and scratched the top -_- but I sanded it down and so it's smooth again... anyways they are so awesome I love diaboloing with them, it feels so good. My 2 diabolo got A LOT BETTER! It seemed like an instant improvement, and I the GE's are just awesomely bright, same awesome performance. All I can say is BUY THEM OR ELSE I WILL GET YOU!

onewheeldave

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2007, 03:16:05 am »
I've had my golds and diamonds for several days now and am very impressed with them.

Previously I've used Henries aluminiums, I find the diamonds/golds to work better with stick releases/suicides, seeming to be easier to catch, also surprisingly good for grinds considering that they're quite wide.

I'll still use the aluminiums for diaboling on concrete however, as the diamonds/golds would be susceptible to damage.

In the dark, the golds are very, very nice looking- I got the blue lights and they're both bright and surrealy beautiful- of course they make diaboling in the dark much easier, especially for stick releases etc.

I had one tense moment when, after a 2 diabolo suicide went wrong and the stick hit the floor hard, went out and refused to light again.

However, taking off the end-cap it became apparent that the little spring which pushes the battery up, had become compressed- stretching it out a little got the light working again- I think that the way these are constructed (simply) is a big asset as most things which can go wrong are easy to put right.

In total I got two diamonds and two gold editions- a very good buy and well worth the price :)

David - SAS1

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2007, 12:39:34 pm »
I had the problem with the spring as well, if you just take it out and use a pencil to stretch it, it solves it nicely.

R-J

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2007, 04:20:55 pm »
i think i'l soon get a pair of those (just the normal white)
but on the dutch forum there was a conversation about that the tips could be a weak point (you might heard that from neorufus). i just wanted to be sure you know that for your next upgrade or new sticks or whatever good things come out your mind  8)

stryju

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2007, 11:37:51 pm »
olobaid - your pm inbox is full and you didn't answer to my e-mail... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! :p ;-)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2007, 11:44:43 pm »
Yeah the tips are a weak point, this morning the tip on one of mine shattered completely, so I have to use my aluminums again until I get it replaced