Author Topic: Taibolo Diabolos (Gong-Qun)  (Read 61179 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: NEW DIABOLO'S - Grand Contenental Diabolo (Tiabolo brand)
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »
I'd say a shiney silver would look super sweet!

i dont really play diab anymore
Aww how come?
Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 11:41:05 pm »
Oeh, a silver or gold one would definitely be very cheesy - I like it.

And for the pink: I'd say go for a pink colour that fits wih the other Tiabolo colours. Fly's look different than Tiabolo's, so I wouldn't say use the exact same light or dark pink from the Fly's. (that was my € 0,03)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2007, 01:03:57 am »
Chrome? Lol
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

jaigoda

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 03:52:58 am »
Could someone possibly give a review on these? I know it said they played like diabigs but lighter, but I've never used a diabig. Just a quick overview of the playability and what it's good at would be great.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2007, 07:20:12 pm »
Will they ever come in blue?
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

jonwr12

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 04:53:06 pm »
I'm new to all this forum lark and this is my first post but hopefully it will be helpfull.
It seems not that many people have used the continental diabolos and i've had acouple of hours play with them, so i'll try and describe how they play.
They're are super smooth on the string and by that I mean they don't seem  to emit  any vibrations, like all other diabolos i've played with (babache, circus, yoho's etc). This feature together with the shiny appearance means it looks like they are hardly spinning at all. In this case looks are deceiving these babies seem not only spin up to speed quite quick but they also seem to hold there spin in a similar way to the more heavy diablos do.
The width of the axle means they're groovy for doing suns and fans ie quite forgiving.
They grind for an age on carbon sticks and fingers alike.
The best bit of all is the weight, whilst not being super light they're light enough so the a prolonged session won't leave you needing ice bag on ya wrist (yohos!) and also seem to keep there speed like the heavier ones, so best of both worlds.
Oh and the colours are fantastic.
Right i'm waffling now in short these are the best diabolos i've used in a long time (i've been doing it for 15 years on and off!) and i'm getting me some!

Mattias

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 03:43:53 am »
So the inside is the same colour as the rest: Shiny and no yellow washer?  :)

I didn't see anything mentioned about vertax, any thought on that, as the fly got super rewievs on that area I am curious how this one compares. I am curious as I am definately getting one or the other most likely the Tiabolo.

Thanks Nev for doing this, I have been thinking about ordering some Diabigs but ordering from Japan scares me, and now when I have better ones(!) available just one timezone away I can't miss the opportunity :)

EDIT: Oh, and for new colour I would vote chrome/Silver with the same pearl effect as the purple one. Come on, screw pink go with something new :)
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 08:12:18 am »
I don't think everyone will like the Tiabolos as much as Fly's for Vertax cause they are solid axled- right?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 04:56:40 pm »
i am always a bit conscious about buying these sorts of diabolos because i always think that they will break when i drop them (as i very often do now i am learning three low and high)
are they a rubbery plastic or just plastic?

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 06:03:13 pm »
I don't think everyone will like the Tiabolos as much as Fly's for Vertax cause they are solid axled- right?

Solid axles rock 8)!!!

Martijn

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2007, 07:52:36 pm »
If people would read the thread first, before asking questions....

Ben: "Not plastic - not rubber - somewhere in the middle - they are soft and squishy like a circus - but still smooth & shiny"

onewheeldave

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007, 07:57:31 pm »
i am always a bit conscious about buying these sorts of diabolos because i always think that they will break when i drop them (as i very often do now i am learning three low and high)
are they a rubbery plastic or just plastic?

I think Nev posted earlier (perhaps in the Fly thread) that the fly's became fragile at really low (sub-zero) temperatures?

But, other than that extreme circumstance I don't think anyone has posted about breakages- my Flys have certainly taken some very hard knocks and are fine.

They do pick up more scars than the softer diabolos (finesse and henrys) but I'm ok with that cos they seem so much more stable and better for corrections.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2007, 10:03:52 pm »
One of my flys has been destroyed, its so rediculously off ballance because it has a huge gash of palastic missing. It also whirrs when i go into vertax because the string hits a small pimple thing that i got on it somehow. Do not use on concrete. :'(
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2007, 03:21:31 pm »
I now have these fine diabolos (as used by William Wei-Liang Lin) available for sale - the price is £22.00 each + P&P
Colours available are
Purple
White
Black
Dark Orange.
For those of you who have already pre-ordered your colours - I have reserved your choices for you - thank you for your support.

I should have an online shop up and running very soon - In the meantime, or If you prefer the personal touch, you can order directly by PM or email sales@diabolomoves.co.uk

Ps - for those concerned about breakages scratches etc - these are much more resistant to concrete than the Fly's - the material is more rubbery (somewhere between a diabig and a circus).
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

David - SAS1

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2007, 10:20:07 pm »
do they have the option for a bearing kit
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Martijn

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2007, 10:39:29 pm »
Nope... from what I understood they're only available fixed.

David - SAS1

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2007, 10:45:51 pm »
that's a shame cos the only thing I don't allways like about my fly's is how they damage on concrete
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2007, 09:55:33 am »
these puppys are sick! needed in everyones collection

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2007, 07:26:39 pm »
I received my grand continentals on Friday, but have been in Scootland and have not been able to use them until today (by the way, thanks Nev for the speedy posting)

On first glance, all i could think was 'Wow! These are shiny!' this, combined with the smoothness of the material makes them seem plastic, but i assure you, they are nothing like the flys. The cup material is hard and solid like Yohos or Diabigs, but has a little more flex. The axles are strange, the are like a narrow version of JC's design, but seem to be extremely stable. The whole diabolo seems to be still on the string when infact it is spinning extremely fast. The diabolos are light, and would be a hit with finesse fans, or fixed fly fans. The weight is going to take some getting used to for me as i am used to using Yohos which are like bricks compared to these. The spinning time, unfortunately is not as long as other diabs, but its acceleration is much faster. The Diabolos are the most stable i have ever used, even more stable then flys i would say.

The one problem i have is that the colour rubs off everywhere, not appearing to mark or taint the diabolo in any way, but they do leave to sticks/room a bit purple.

I have only used these for 1d and 2d, and they are great for both, perhaps a weight kit could be manufactured to improve them for people who prefer heavier diabs?

These are a great addition to any collection, and personally i would pick them over Flys any day.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2007, 10:44:45 pm »
The one problem i have is that the colour rubs off everywhere, not appearing to mark or taint the diabolo in any way, but they do leave to sticks/room a bit purple.

Yeah, I did mention that in my review earlier in the thread.  It only happens with the purple colour and only when they are new (it stops after a few days play).  But they do leave purple marks everywhere for the first few plays.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String