Author Topic: Next Generation Diabolos, and Evolving Technology.  (Read 1651 times)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Next Generation Diabolos, and Evolving Technology.
« on: June 17, 2007, 11:45:56 pm »
Well with diabolos like "The Fly" and "The Tiabolo" and Mods like JC's Circus hubs. How do you think diabolo gear will continue to improve? This includes Sticks, and String + anything else like light kits and weight mods.

What are some downfalls of all diabolos, what are ways diabolos can be improved as a whole? Materials, construction, weight distribution? How can sticks be made better?

Etc. Discuss... Maybe the ideas of this could lead to perfect diabolo gear??? Hmm... ;D

[edit 1] - I was thinking that the finesse is on the right track as far as cup shape is concerned... keeping them light and having the majority of the weight on the outer edge of the cup to improve spin and stability. I was thinking that a modification could be added to the outer edge of the cups that is similar to the inside that would allow the weight kits to be on the outer edge not on the axle.

[edit 2] - I taped 2 standard CD's to the outside of a wide-axle finesse, although it is noticeably heavier it spins faster, longer, and it's stability has increased, all of these are notable. Could somebody please mass a CD for me I don't have an instrument to do this.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Rastaman

Re: Next Generation Diabolos, and Evolving Technology.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:43:24 am »
i didn't find my mark scale so i don't know the weight of CD yet but ill try to find out. Now since you wanted a discussion ill point out some of my ideas:

1. I agree that finesse is on the right track with the weight distribution but one thing i don't like is that they are getting to similar to circus which is, HEAVY! thats one thing i dislike.

2. They should make the strings like a one-piece material(not like the fibres it is made at the moment). It would definitely approve the lifetime of the string.

3. And last but not least i think henrys should seriously think about the material they make the hubs(i mean the piece where diabolo is spinning when you are grinding. the edges of the axle where the rubber pieces attach) from. The aluminum stuff is just not right in my oppinion. It ruins the fun of grinding for me. And the looks of diabolo is quite bad if you use metal handsticks(in my case Mr babache extremes).

Hope i helped in some way to make our lives a little easier in the future  ;D
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
Re: Next Generation Diabolos, and Evolving Technology.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 03:46:35 pm »
2. They should make the strings like a one-piece material(not like the fibres it is made at the moment). It would definitely approve the lifetime of the string.

This would lower wear but it would reduce playability because one large piece of material won't be as flexible or as strong.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?