Author Topic: 3diabs tricks (low)  (Read 10194 times)

seán_

3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 01:57:51 pm »
Thanks wes, I did enjoy them.

You dont see many people throw start into 3, that will give Matt_H some hope ;)

I cant wait to get three, still a long way to go for me yet :(

Rusty

3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 03:04:20 pm »
Nice!!  :shock:

Can't wait to start juggling again. I have probably juggled to much and have to keep my left arm in some kind of support.

Rusty, Norway

norbi

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 04:56:41 pm »
ok, well when i played the videos my screen went completely mad, colours flying everywhere, and generally a mess after the first 2 seconds. I have no idea why, it hasnt happened with any other videos. Anyone else have this trouble?

seán_

3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 05:14:26 pm »
Quote from: norbi
ok, well when i played the videos my screen went completely mad, colours flying everywhere, and generally a mess after the first 2 seconds. I have no idea why, it hasnt happened with any other videos. Anyone else have this trouble?

No, but then I have an up to date media viewer. ;)

sometimes this will happen, sometimes it's down to not having the right codecs installed, thereare probably other reasons too.

dont let it put others off from downloading the clips, if others have trouble I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

Martijn

3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 06:51:18 pm »
Hey Wes! Nice tricks man! Very nice, indeed :D
Keep it up 8)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

staticjuggler

great tricks!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 08:41:35 pm »
Great tricks Wes! You've inspired me to work on the throw in start for 3 diabolos rather than the wrap start, which I haven't got very far with. After a few tries with the throw in start I am starting to make some actual progress.

Thanks!

Static
www.staticjuggler.com

How mad would a wood chuck get if a big neon pink Koala bear named Ishtar ran into the woods and chucked all the wood before the woodchuck could chuck the wood?

seán_

Re: great tricks! throw in start
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 09:02:23 pm »
Quote from: staticjuggler
Great tricks Wes! You've inspired me to work on the throw in start for 3 diabolos rather than the wrap start, which I haven't got very far with. After a few tries with the throw in start I am starting to make some actual progress.

Thanks!

Static

I was speaking about throw in starts earlier with wes. He was saying that he finds them harder than wrap starts.
there was a thread started but that tapered off here on throw starts and some thoughts here as well.

HTH Seán

Sean

• Administrator
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 02:08:50 am »
Nice work Wes! Thanks for sharing.

3 diabolos is a great challenge, isn't it!  :)

Can't wait to see what you learn next.

wes

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 04:46:36 am »
Quote from: seán_
Quote from: norbi

No, but then I have an up to date media viewer. ;)

sometimes this will happen, sometimes it's down to not having the right codecs installed, thereare probably other reasons too.

I agree with seán_. These videos are on my Japanese website and I recommend that you can see my videos of .mov if you install one of the QuickTime Player.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/index.html
If you've already installed it, there may be other problem... :(

Quote from: staticjuggler

As seán_ said, 3diabs 1throw start is harder than wraping start, I think. And if you master 3diabs low siteswap 42, you can master throwstart easily because it is the same timing as 42. Throw 1diab '4', then do a 2shuffle one time '2', and run 3diabs low after the throwing diab comes on the string.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 11:45:46 am »
not only do i have quicktime, i am even using a mac, how much better can i get. I have no idea what the problem is, oh well, i'm sure they are great from wat i have read.

staticjuggler

throw in start
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 03:04:23 pm »
Hi,

From now on I will be practicing 3 diabolos low with a throw in start, then after I can run the pattern, I think learning the wrap start will come easier.

I'm more of a throw in guy anyways, I never wrap for starting 2 diabolos, and I can get quite a lot of spin from a throw in.

Thanks,

Static
www.staticjuggler.com

How mad would a wood chuck get if a big neon pink Koala bear named Ishtar ran into the woods and chucked all the wood before the woodchuck could chuck the wood?

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2005, 06:23:36 pm »
EDIT: i'm not uses by some meaning of some smiley so!! excuse me wes if you listen ";)" like a sarcasm!! it was not at all the meaning for me: it is : congratulation!! :) so sorry for this !  :cry:

what a lovely tricks  !
i hope filming my 3d tricks this week !!
Sun synchrone style backwraping synchrone style :) and the start of my splinkler!!

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 12:03:47 pm »
Nice one Wes!
I've watched a lot of 3d videos recently but I've never seen anyone rescue a shuffle that had gone that bad before (there is hope for my 3 yet!)

wes

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 03:28:45 pm »
Norbi, you use macintosh? Me, too. I edited these videos by iMovie.. hmm, I don't know why :?  Does anyone know why the problem is happenning?

Tahia, I don't mind at all about that. We use English as 2nd language, so we sometimes use bad-meaning sentence which we don't know what it means. In fact, I don't know about it. :lol:

Dave P, when the form of 3diabs comes bad, I usually use more right hand than left (even thgough asynchronous type). Actually I recovered from bad 3shuffle and recovoring is important, but my final aim is to success these tricks completely withought recovering.

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 03:56:40 pm »
My 3 has just started working in the last two weeks, I'm up to a regular 10-15 throws when it goes (21 best).
When you say you use the right hand more, are you aiming for a particular diabolo or just forcing the timing back in to the pattern?

Sean

• Administrator
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 04:35:01 pm »
For me, I find it easiest to recover a badly timed pattern by emphasizing the right hand too. I think about raising my hand above the diabolo quickly and making the downward motion as long as possible. Very quick and large up, slow and long downward motion.

If I just keep doing that regardless of where the diabolos are, eventually it will return to a normal pattern (if I'm lucky).

The other alternative is to learn to space the diabolos very well with your left hand. Lift them higher or lower depending on what's needed. I find the pattern is more stable the more I use my right hand and the less I use my left hand.

Congrats on breaking that 20 throw barrier with 3 diabolos. Now is when it finally starts to get fun again.

Sean

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 05:10:24 pm »
Quote from: Sean

Congrats on breaking that 20 throw barrier with 3 diabolos. Now is when it finally starts to get fun again.

Sean

You're not wrong, the last two months have been very frustrating, I've been through sleepless nights and temper tantrums, I've tried red bull and coffee (to stimulate me), beer(to relax me) and I've had "the timewarp" and the bloody "hamster dance" permanently imprinted on my brain (thanks for that :wink: ).
Seriously though I couldn't have done it without you and the forum, Cheers :D

Sean

• Administrator
3diabs tricks (low)
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2005, 08:01:08 pm »
Quote from: Dave P
I've had "the timewarp" and the bloody "hamster dance" permanently imprinted on my brain...

Would now be a good time to point out that I've had this high resolution audioless 3 diabolo start video sitting right here?  :oops:
http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/3d_starts_slow.mpg  (6mb)

Glad you found some videos and advice on the forum useful. I was hoping filming something when I first learned 3 would be helpful for others.

Sean