Author Topic: BJC 2005  (Read 27555 times)

Andy

BJC 2005
« on: January 29, 2005, 09:41:30 am »
hey everyone,
I know its like two whole months away but I was just wondering who i'll see this year at the BJC since it will be the first convention thing i've gone to. It would be great to see some fo you guys there (and maybe learn a bit too!).
Also what's it like at one of these? What kinda things go on? Any info would be great appreciated
cheers,
Andy

diabololi

BJC 2005
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 10:17:51 am »
Count me in! But where is it, I'm not sure i can persuade my mum to take me on a 6hour train journey to juggle again  :P

Oli

Andy

BJC 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 10:46:53 am »
This is the BJC's site - It's in Perth, Scotland....nice bit o camping at the end of march :D

norbi

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 12:00:23 pm »
I'll be there, no doubt, even though it is nearly the furthest possible distance i can travel in the UK from where i live, the complete other end of the country.

Stuff that goes on...
1) Lots of practicing, trick sharing, learning, hanging out and having fun.
2) Lots of workshops everyday on everything, check the site for a list, more will probably happen.
3) Lots of games, from classics like 5 ball endurance and uni-hockey, potentially to stupid things like contact juggling combat/gladiators. Great fun to be had by all
4) Lots of cheap juggling equipment, that just gets cheaper over the weekend.
5) Renegade (open mic shows) every night (and one everyday for kids under 16), so get a good/funny little act together and show it off infront of a load of jugglers.
6) Public show on saturday night with talent from all around the world (Raspyni Brothers are headlining this year)
7) i have got bored of thinking and started reading off the website. Check the events page, or the workshops page for more info.

Hope that helps.

Tom Derrick

BJC 2005
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 09:34:18 pm »
I'll definitely be going. This time, I'll might actually get to some diabolo workshops.

Dax

BJC 2005
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 11:56:46 pm »
i wish you the best of luck in getting there tom!

flip

BJC 2005
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 03:52:13 pm »
i'll be looking forward to meeting you all there...hanging round making shapes :wink:
RATIONAL ANIMAL
                               .   .
                            .    .    .
                         .     .   .     .

seán_

BJC 2005
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 05:00:23 pm »
Matt_H and I will be there. After making our recce to Glasgow we are quite looking forward to it. I had a great time at the last BJC in Derby and love the look of the space they have sorted for this year, it sounds huge.

It will be great to meet even more people from the forum.

Priam

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 05:21:26 pm »
It's almost sure : I'll be there too ...

Priam

seán_

BJC 2005
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 05:40:01 pm »
Graham Benson posted on Rec.juggling that the pre-reg has been extended to the end of the month (saving £10)

He also mentions that they have linked to the Megabus site from the BJC homepage. Mega bus offer a service to Perth from London £10 each way (so I am led to believe)

Andy

BJC 2005
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 05:41:29 pm »
It will be awesome to see you there Priam, do you know if any other of the MFP are planning to come along too?

tracedlines

BJC 2005
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 08:14:21 pm »
Ay up all! ill be there! going up with Andy! I canny wait! ill be getting meself 2 Gen 2's! CHAMONE! a nice upgrade from my circus that doesnt really agree with me as much as the finesses.

Its gonna be blinding!

See yall there!

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2005, 01:32:48 am »
At the BJC this year there will be a competition/show called "British Young Juggler of the Year 2005" on the Friday evening. Anyone under 21 can enter with any kind of juggling act they like. Diabolists are welcome! Good prizes on offer, awards for anyone who shows real promise, a special award by the judges and unrivaled bragging rights to the overall audience voted winner (plus a £100 voucher to spend at the traders stalls).

If you are interested in entering, or even being a judge (I'm still looking for one or two more), email me luke@juggler dot net with the words "Young Juggler of the Year" somewhere in the subject.
Luke

kragen

BJC 2005
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 12:57:39 pm »
sounds awesome - im definitely gonna be there too, it will be the first convention ive been to as well.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

David LH

BJC 2005
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 11:14:51 pm »
hehe had the tickets booked for ages!!!

the usual lot from the BallsUp Juggling troop will be coming, to those who know who we are?!!

hope we can get a "Diabolo Forum Workshop" if you see what i mean. trickswap etc.

i am prepared to run some beginners one and two diabolo workshops.
i remember what a convention is like without any!!!!! anyone remember the Whitstable one?? no diabolo workshops what so ever! so i ran one  :wink:

finesse gen II oh yes

see you all there i hope

ps. due to very limited space i will only be able to bring up superspins etc that i have already received payment for. sorry about that but just dont have the space in the van! i will of course have my two superspins with me so if anyone is interested in trying them out just ask me. hehe you can always order one after the convention  :wink:
So thats how you do three diabolos!

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 05:54:46 pm »
I just got my train tickets through! so i'll be travelling up along with Norbi and my Girlfriend, who has taken a liking to diabolo too! And i MIGHT even take a pop at the young british juggler of the year comp thing (diaboloing not juggling)...Norbi persuaded me... :wink:

Be wicked to see you all there! Looking forward to it!  :D

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 08:46:51 pm »
Quote from: Matt Pang
And i MIGHT even take a pop at the young british juggler of the year comp thing (diaboloing not juggling)...Norbi persuaded me... :wink:

The organization side of the British Young Juggler of the Year show is really coming along nicely. So far we have:

- nine competitors (some still not sure but hopefully more to come)
- five judges who will be awarding the judge's choice award (a real international lineup from the USA, Finland, Scotland and England)
- one top sponsor for the top title award (Butterfingers donating hundreds of pounds worth of vouchers to spend on anything in their catalogue)
- two future convention performance contracts up for grabs (from Durham and Nottingham conventions)
- unlimited gold and silver awards (with more butterfingers vouchers on offer)

Plus more surprises to come nearer the time. It should be be a really entertaining show!
Luke

Llama_Bill

BJC 2005
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 11:03:11 am »
Quote from: Matt Pang
I just got my train tickets through!

What station are you going to and how are you getting from the station to the event as my parents wont drive me there (I wonder why) so I'm seeing if I can get the train.

Bill.
Bill.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 06:43:08 pm »
We are travelling to Perth. Interestingly i havnt even considered the getting to the site part yet, i'll check the site, cany be hard.
( http://www.bjc2005.co.uk )

Tom Derrick

BJC 2005
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 09:48:24 pm »
Is there anyone going to perth from london by megabus? At the moment I'm going on my own, so I wouldn't mind a travelling partner.