Author Topic: BJC 2005  (Read 28210 times)

Sean

• Administrator
BJC 2005
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2005, 03:28:26 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
'Braces' might translate to 'Suspenders' on your side of the atlantic...

Yeap, that clears it up. Darn British slang. ;)

Was wondering if Priam broke a leg or was having flashy corrective dental procedures performed. :)

seán_

BJC 2005
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2005, 03:45:39 pm »
well I thought if I said he was wearing suspenders people might have started to ask 'were the stockings silk?'

I've been pondering over the possibility of a diabolofest myself, maybe something for the future. You need a venue with curved walls so that diabolos run back to you :)

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2005, 06:47:13 pm »
Hey all, Was a wicked convention, thanks for all the compliments for the diabolo routine, it didn't go as well as i would have liked, got a bit too nervous when the music went all ****ed. But next year i will enter again! Was cool to meet Sean_, Matt_H, and JGherkin From the forum, didn't ,meet anyone else, i don't think...sorry guys. Especially enjoyed hanging out with JGherkin who should def enter young british juggler next year!

Nice routines, Norbi, in the comp and the public, i'm sure i've already told you, lol.

Take it easy!

Matt

Joe

Who liked the BJC 2005
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2005, 10:48:18 pm »
:lol:  I personaly think the BJC was a great festival  :lol:

If you saw the renergade on saturday i was the boy who was doing the diabolo
Fire is fun

cattycatcat

BJC 2005
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2005, 11:01:19 pm »
Hey all, This was my first ever convention and ive got to say its certainly not going to be my last! Being a beginer all round, the idea of juggling and diaboloing infront of some of the best in england was seriously daunting but once i got there i loved it! every one was so friendly and really helpful! so thanx to all i met for being so great and hopefully cya at da next!

The Void

BJC 2005
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2005, 11:05:56 pm »
Yes, the BJC was great fun. It's been cool to lurk on the peripheries of you lot jamming away, at the last few conventions, and even occasionally be bothered to learn a new trick :-)

You can check out my pictures here , and my review here

Sorry to cross-post, but the cutting & pasting of that is all line-break screwed up.

The Void
Has anyone seen my zimmer?
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Joe

im sad
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2005, 11:13:20 pm »
:(  :(   someone post a reply   :(  :(
Fire is fun

norbi

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2005, 11:17:04 pm »
glow diabolo? i cant remember nights, the convention was just one big day/night combination.

But i am pretty sure everyone liked it, and if they didn't then they deserve a slap, royally, skwar in the chops. It was ultra-mega-mega awesome, and i even had enough energy to all-night it on the sun/monday.

Joe

BJC 2005
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2005, 11:25:56 pm »
i recognise your picture were you in the young juggler of the year

i didnt do the glow stuff i was with someone else doing staff
Fire is fun

The Void

Re: im sad
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2005, 11:27:49 pm »
Quote from: Joe
:(  :(   someone post a reply   :(  :(

Perhaps you haven't noticed the 'BJC' thread, Joe? There are several comments in there already. If it was you doing the glow-diabolo, then I captured a moment of your performance: picture

The Void
Snappy's Snack Shack
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

barnesy

• Administrator
BJC 2005
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2005, 11:33:21 pm »
yeah, it seemed daft to have two threads on the same topic so I've merged them.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
BJC 2005
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2005, 11:44:56 pm »
i recognise your picture were you in the young juggler of the year

i didnt do the glow stuff i was with someone else doing staff

my picture? why didnt you remember my name!  Ha, no worries, yeh i did rings, thanx for remembering, i hope you voted for me  :wink:

I don't remember diabolo and staff, sorry, i may have been asleep or not paying attention.

Joe

cool
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2005, 11:53:16 pm »
well i did vote for you your act was great just a question did you put those stickers on your rings
http://void.moleseyjugglers.co.uk/tlmb/BJC2005/pages/page_16.html
(did you do the raping dj thig in the show)
Fire is fun

seán_

BJC 2005
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2005, 12:50:40 am »
Thanks for the links Void nice to see those pictures, they bring back good memories.

Also in your rec. post you mention the helmet and whistling diabolo act that Zanzibar (Julian Bouley) performed in renegade, sorry open stage , that brought a smile to my face. He was really nice and helpfull and a great diaboloist.

Tom Derrick

BJC 2005
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2005, 02:11:15 am »
Quote from: seán_
I think Tom won the demeaning nose push ;).

Yes, that was me  :oops:, and I won a crappy diabolo. I also won the throwing-the-diabolo-into-the-box-on-someone's-head games, and got a set of passe passe balls from, but i left them in perth.

seán_

BJC 2005
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2005, 02:42:41 am »
Quote from: Tom Derrick
... and got a set of passe passe balls from, but i left them in perth.

resists the urge to shout 'Are they broke yet?' I'm sure if you Email the organisers they could arange to get them to you.

Hows your vortex and fan coming along?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Re: cool
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2005, 11:23:50 am »
well i did vote for you your act was great just a question did you put those stickers on your rings
http://void.moleseyjugglers.co.uk/tlmb/BJC2005/pages/page_16.html
(did you do the raping dj thig in the show)

Thanx, no Arron (my rival [although Jon ended up suprisingly {and deservedly}winning]) put them on when i was in the toilet. He also had a t-shirt to go with it (can be found in Voids gallery).

I feel like i should have done something better as a vote me campaign, but i wanted to come across more professional i guess.

Yes i did the dj thing, i was the one with yellow t-shirt and yellow diabolos and string  :oops:  I actually think (and i believe people agree) that the diabolo could easily have been dropped from the act (although i did do a rippin little sprinkler combo  8) )

Joe

BJC 2005
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2005, 02:24:49 pm »
if your diabolo did fall off the stage it would have compleatly messed up your routien  :(

but you didnt drop it  :lol:
Fire is fun

Tom Derrick

BJC 2005
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2005, 08:09:21 pm »
Quote from: seán_
Hows your vortex and fan coming along?

The vortex is coming along ok, but I automatically go into the c-fan, so I can do it about one in every 10-15 tries. As for the fan, I still do it on the wrong side, but I can get a couple of rounds in and come out of it cleanly every few goes. I got one of my better attempts on camera earlier, and it can be found here: http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=84

Martijn

BJC 2005
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2005, 08:13:18 pm »
That's not a C-Fan, but a vortex > Fan > Fan 180 dude 8)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl