Author Topic: yospin diabolo video  (Read 9573 times)

sander p

yospin diabolo video
« on: July 11, 2007, 06:56:03 am »
hey,

i made a small video for www.yospin.com , keep looking at the site cause more video's will come out.

youtube:

download: http://www.yousendit.com/download/OGhlNU1LV3JVbTgwTVE9PQ

I hope you like it.

thewu

Re: yospin diabolo video
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:37:59 am »
i love it. :) especially the suicide combos in the middle.

umm do you know what the name of this song is? i've heard it somewhere but could never get my hands on it.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 07:47:21 am »
Is this video for commercial use? In that case the quality is way to low, and there is something else I find rather disturbing. You stole my trick! I'm seriously pissed about how you just take people's original stuff and put it just in a slight different combo. Stop putting beginning and ends together and start coming up with your own identity.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:21:48 am »
nice ;D

(@ Niclas)[youtube=425,350]ucs6kKHxfz0
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 09:32:24 am »
That was a really great video. Nice 3 low and the suicide combo was amazing.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Martijn

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:40:50 am »
Well Arjan, I guess that had to be said, but don't you think you could have pointed out some good aspects of the video as well? Let's not bash each other, but try to give contructive criticism.

I actually asked Sander to post this on d.ca, because it has some sweet stuff in it. There are some signature tricks in from other diaboloists, but I do think it's becoming less and less since say, last year ;) The stolen tricks didn't really shout: 'look at me, I invented this!' but rather 'look at me, I learned this cool trick! (from someone else :P)' You've gotta start somewhere you know.

My favourite parts were the 1d stick releases and the 3d stuff. That was solid! Oh, and I like the way how you extended that 2d mini gen.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 11:44:27 am »
Very nice  :)
By curiosity, which is the stallen trick in question ?

Matt D

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 08:08:28 pm »
I thought that was a very clean video, that suicide combo at 40 seconds was very good. The 3 low was also smooth also.

Ilias

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 08:36:39 pm »
Great video! ;D

My favourite parts were the 1d stick releases and the 3d stuff. That was solid!
Indeed, the 3d is so solid, simply beautiful.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:50:29 pm »
Naturally some tricks just come about. Like when i was first learning early 2d i learnt a transfer without ever being showed it, just from trying different things. But i totally agree, some tricks that generally get accredited to certain people deserve respect. If you see someone doing a trick you thought of and showed to the world then you should just feel quietly proud and be happy that your trick was good enough for someone to actively try to learn. But theres no way that every trick someone comes up with is going to get credited tot hem every time it pops up in a video. So its perfectly alright to highlight it by saying stuff like "hey,ya pinched my trick ya little blighter" just to point out its yours, and its fine if you don't its just whether you want to or not. No need to complain, no big issue, no harm done, end of.

So, in conclusion; Whats all the fuss about?

The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Martijn

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:06 pm »
Please post your thoughts on signature tricks and copyrights etc in the 'to steal or not to steal' topic. Keep on-topic.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 02:16:30 pm »
The person who sent you this file has exceeded their download limit

Any chance I can download the video somehow ? ^^

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 02:22:25 pm »
I'm not going to comment on the origin of some of the tricks, but i thought a lot of those combos were very impressive!
Behind your back is your front.

David - SAS1

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 03:00:14 pm »
I realy liked that video, I thought the 2d and body combo's were good, and it was very clean.  It is a shame the quality wasn't slightly better
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:36:20 am »
Naturally some tricks just come about. Like when i was learning... <snip>
When you were learning?  Like you're not learning anymore?  Don't make me slap you down young boy ;-)

That video was pretty cool.  The 1D integral stick release bit was very good.  The 3 low straight to the stall was top stuff as well.  Although I keep getting confused between you and the Sander from Boost Amsterdam (different style entirely).

I was also quite amused by the "related" video of a fellow with one diabolo, wearing sunglasses and a bin bag coat.  I don't entirely understand that costume there.  Couldn't read the comments either, I don't understand foreign unfortunately.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 01:19:36 am »
Ok, you've got me there Chiok, I'll ammend that.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.