Author Topic: A little help with my 2D  (Read 3908 times)

DiaboloKeene

A little help with my 2D
« on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:40 pm »
Hey everyone i just learned 2D last night, i am self taught because nobody i mean nobody near me has even ever heard of a diabolo. I am posting this video please make any helpful comments because i have trouble correcting them. I am using a Circus (orange) and a G3 finesse (white) any help would be great!! I was so happy i could finally do 2 after so long but then i couldnt correct them. Any ideas for beginning tricks as well?

added to you tube so anyone can watch now. Thank you

Chiok

• Donator
Re: A little help with my 2D
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:39:49 pm »
Congrautulations!  2D is a difficult mistress to master (or master to mistress).  I've not watched your video as I don't have the time at the moment but might I suggest an upload to YouTube if you're not adverse to it as you can embed the video here and make it much more accessible for critique and help from others.

Something I will suggest from the outset is that using two different diabolos, especially as different as a Circus and a Finesse (300g to 245g) makes the task no easier.  The difference in design and shape doesn't help either.  I will suggest very heavily you get another diabolo so that you have two of the same.

The 2 diabolo starting and correcting topic in the Tricks section should hold all the information you need to help, along with some video tutorials.  If you have any additional questions, try and ask them in those threads to keep things tidy, you'll get responses, don't worry!

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

DiaboloKeene

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:52:33 pm »
Chiok Thank you very much for your advice, i messed up and bought a circus at first and realized i HATE the heaviness so i guess ill need to buy another finesse. and i can sometimes correct it if i do another quick rap and pull once but usually it just ends up flying off and hitting me in da face.:) i have been watching every video in the helpo section b4 i started haha so i was just seeing if there was other newer ways to help but if not ill just go straight to that. Thanks again!!

DiaboloKeene

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 07:19:50 pm »
uhh i ahve one more question, ive been reading that some people say finger kit=bad but then others say finger kit=god like does it really  mke that much of a diffrence? the only diffrence i can se from the videos is that u can wrap a wide axle a bunch more times b4 the string gets stuck and then the diabolo clibs the string and gets all stuck, but besides that should i not waste my money on 2 evolution kits? or are they really worth buying? because i dont want to waste 20$ if i dont have to and i could just buy a regualr finnesee without the kit.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 07:33:41 pm »
I'd say you'll probably find it easier to learn 2d tricks with 2 circuses, but with plastic hubs which will make it run smoother, wrap up less, and be lighter. However, if you're going to get another finesse (first make sure it's the same version - they were changed again recently) I wouldn't put the money into the wide axle... unless you want to do lots of grinding or you just like the feeling of them. They will make learning 2d tricks (and especially corrections) more difficult.

DiaboloKeene

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 09:37:11 pm »
ah you see ive tried those circuses with the [lastic and still hated them, they just seem too heavy/sticky so i guess im gunna purchase another G3 finesse and try those out together, its too bad that i dont know of any circuses or clubs in or near CT or NH in USA.

seán_

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 10:00:51 pm »
its too bad that i dont know of any circuses or clubs in or near CT or NH in USA.
looked here? http://www.jugglingdb.com/clubs/index.php?country=223

DiaboloKeene

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 02:54:23 am »
yes i ahve looked there and tried contacting them but seems most are not running atm

seán_

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 07:35:52 pm »
maybe a holiday thing, quite a few clubs seem to be based in university's etc. Might be worth checking again when term starts

DiaboloKeene

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 11:56:23 pm »
Thank you sir!

jacky

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 11:26:58 am »
when you learning 2D and that's means you are at another lvl..control of 2d is a hard thing to master it only thing you can do is,look for the video that you need and keep trying.