Author Topic: To steal or not to steal (from yospin vid)  (Read 13982 times)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Re: To steal or not to steal (from yospin vid)
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 07:42:30 pm »
Ok, I get it now.  I had the impression that you shouldn't learn the tricks but you really mean just to not perform them.  Ok, I get it now, just disregard my two above posts.

Josh

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: To steal or not to steal (from yospin vid)
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2007, 07:54:18 pm »
Essentially.

Diabolo truly evolves through people sharing ideas. When it comes to performance, you really should try to use your moves and style because, simply enough, you're expressing yourself. Why would you want to express yourself through other people's moves? You're not really expressing yourself but showing that you're really good at learning other people's moves - unless you're just unethical and you don't give a crap.

We're a group that is pretty damn creative - we put together a very nice colab video - and that's pretty special. If we kept ALL our tricks, we'd be back to the point where there was no internet and people were just chatting at conventions and progress would be a whole lot slower. I'd say "just be nice and give credit where credit is due." Most of the movies you see coming from France have a section of thanks to the people who inspire them.

Love, peace, all that jazz boyz and galz.