Author Topic: "Finding a thread/topic/discussion" helpthread  (Read 2349 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
"Finding a thread/topic/discussion" helpthread
« on: July 16, 2007, 07:52:47 pm »
OK, sorry for the confusing name first of all ;D.

This was originally posted in the suggestions and feedback section, so look there if this first description is vague to see what it´s all about.

The idea of this thread is to help people who can´t find a thread through search. Maybe you´re not sure if something has already been asked before, but you can´t find it through search and you don´t know if it has already been answered. Or maybe you don`t really know the right keywords.

In that case this thread is supposed to help you. Here you can ask if something has already been posted without bringing up ancient threads just to ask about a similar trick (I´ve done so myself in the past :P) and hopefully other forumers who know what you´re looking for can help.

There are three guidelines for the thread:

1. Do not ask for help with separate tricks within the thread. Do so in the threads that you hopefully get help to find. 

2. Don´t start any separate discussions within the thread (it exists only to help people)

3 Do atleast some actual searching before asking (don´t just ask immediately because of lazyness ;)).

^And that´s it. Hope this thread becomes helpful this time around.

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: "Finding a thread/topic/discussion" helpthread
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:32:11 am »
Nice work Diabolo88. This needs to be put in the etiquette if it isn't all ready in there.

Will- All you need is here!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

sega18

Fans
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:12:02 am »
Hi,

First off I want to say that I did search, and found a thread almost exactly like this one but all it said was to search.

What is the difference between a normal fan, S-fan, etc.?

What is the motion once you are in the fan? I can get in to it but can't make it move correctly.

How do I exit the fan?

If someone could direct me to a thread with answers that would be great.

mod: just trying out the new thread :)

seán_

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 06:07:06 am »
Hi,

First off I want to say that I did search, and found a thread almost exactly like this one but all it said was to search.

What is the difference between a normal fan, S-fan, etc.?

What is the motion once you are in the fan? I can get in to it but can't make it move correctly.

How do I exit the fan?

If someone could direct me to a thread with answers that would be great.

mod: just trying out the new thread :)
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=158.15
(found by looking in the trick sticky, a usefull index of many tricks) see there for the fan threads how to's tutorials etc.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 02:57:16 pm »
Guess I´ll try out the thread for myself.

I am wondering if there´s any thread that contains help for 3D armstalls in general. In other words, if there is one big thread where you can discuss just the standard stall, variations etc? On search there comes up a few threads but they seem very specific (for instance "double armstall" precisely). I need help with a few of these tricks so...is there such a thread that is close to this subject? If not, would it be OK to make a new one for every variation or just type in the thread that is the closest? Seeing as how the normal armstall has so much potential for experimentation it just seems good to have a thread for it.

Nice work Diabolo88. This needs to be put in the etiquette if it isn't all ready in there.

Forgot to reply to this. I don´t know if I can put it there because the thread was thought as a way to stop spamming the forum. However I posted this in the feedbacksection at first and since that section isn´t used much the thread wasn´t either. Since the interest was big and people PM:ed me though I asked the mods for permission and typed this up. If anyone wants the thread moved or in more places maybe you should ask the mods because typing it again would be like spamming and that´s what this is trying to prevent. Also, I am not a mod so I don´t think it´s possible for me to move a thread to a new place ???.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 04:07:43 pm »
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1007.15

This is an ancient topic which could be used for 3 diab tricks again.

Otherwise, if you want to make a whole thread devoted to 3 armstalls, I wouldn't care too much. It's an interesting trick which could be explored more. There are already several variations out there which could be gathered in discussion in one thread. Otherwise the 3 diabolo tricks thread is perfectly suited and could use the bump. It's last post was in 2005 :P