• VotW Contributor
WOMAD
« on: July 17, 2007, 06:32:27 pm »
is anyone going?

looby

• Donator
Re: WOMAD
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:21:32 pm »
Dont remind me how much I want womad this year.  Make sure you see Toots, you will be one of the priveledged :)

Have fun
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Martijn

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:09:16 pm »
Is this diabolo related? If so... please provide us with some more information.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

seán_

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:50:13 pm »
http://womad.org/
World of Music Arts and Dance, Charlton Park, United Kingdom - 27 to 29 July (Singapore August)

Basically a large festival but not one that just concentrates on music. There are plenty of circus acts booked, do a search on the website but heres two that you might want to check out if you make it.

Grant Goldie, all round juggler and old school diaboloist
Circus Ethiopia

Like all festivals make room for your diabolos and plenty of spare string.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:40:39 am »
who is toots?

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 05:13:14 pm »
YES I AM GOING TO WOMAD please tell me who else is going?? would love to meet up for a session!!

mofro ;D
**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 08:25:12 pm »
i am going, will probably see me outside firetoys stall or smewhere else on the site diaboloing, if the rain holds of... :(

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 03:23:20 am »
If anyone meets Grant D. Tell him Will from Aus Circus Fest says hi. :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 05:02:52 am »
i thought womad was only an adelaide (WOMAdelaide) thing. hopefully ill be at the next one...in australia.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 09:40:30 am »
i thought womad was only an adelaide (WOMAdelaide) thing. hopefully ill be at the next one...in australia.

miesta there are loads of womads running at the same time, singapore, spain, austrailia, canary islands.

Darragh

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 11:37:12 pm »
Toots as in toots and the maytals(spelling)
amazing band
From lost to the river

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 09:53:10 am »
Right well im about to head off so benmorgan will probably see u out side firetoys diabin look for a tall blond guy showing up all the lil kids!

mofro

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 01:29:39 pm »
i went to womad and meet 3 diaboloists:) i think josh and jamie and a guy outside the fire toys shop. cheers for the new tricks:)

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 04:54:42 pm »
well another year has come and gone in the world of womad. :(.. but it was an event to say the least! the whole place was under about 3ft of mudd BUT the music was amazing, toots, scruff, trilok, cobham, etc... i loved all the diabin i got to do and some of the people i met. MattyCrocodile great to have a session with you learnt alot and have allmoast had a change of heart over the 'typicaly' french style. benmorgan what can i say... great diaboloist... got soo many things to be working on after many a great session with you, I can still remember the look on your face the first time that i showed you my spinab. it was just a sheer look of amazement, soon after you were popping out round the back vertax genos!! later that day he went out to the firetoys shop and bought 2! ha!!  Matty, ben and jim thank you for an amazing womad and i hope to see you all next year or sooner perhaps???

mofro

p.s. i met some other guy there called joe dont know if ur on here but if you are, it was pleasure diabin' with you (still in awe of those tripple sprinkler suicides u were bustin' out)