Author Topic: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)  (Read 43683 times)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
Re: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »
Woah, that looks serious, I've never seen that before. Maybe it was a flawed batch... I'd say go back to the store you bought 'em.

I bought them from the eenwieler webshop. Already ordered new ones. There is no way that they are gonna replace them for me.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2007, 07:46:52 pm »
I think they should still play ok, If the hub still stays in the cup, does it? Anyways I bought some JCs kits for my circuses, the regular width ones. They feel really different after long use of the allround-kits. Almost like playing a finesse, but that is pretty much what I wanted, something lighter and smoother. I like how they feel with two diabolos, maybe it is time for me to work with some of that stuff bit more seriously  :P.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2007, 08:07:12 pm »
because of the crack the cups have a slightly different shape, so i decides to take them off and buy new ones.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Ivo

« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2007, 09:44:43 am »
hi, it seems henry's has changed the Allround tuning kits. I bought a kit from firetoys to fit in a new circus for 3d. The kit's i bought a while back made the diabolo 50g lighter, while the new one makes the diabolo 30g lighter. The difference seems to be the washers wich are plastic/tefloncoated in the old version, but metal in the new version. I'm not entirely sure if this is an improvement (could very well be) but it might be a good idea to check when you are matching the weight of several diabolos.

btw. Thankfully Firetoys still had an old style kit and parts, and their customer service is brilliant, so they solved this for me. It seems they also added the info on the website.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2007, 12:18:56 pm »
Marc Cabry discovered they had change the washers a few months ago.  When I bought my axles from Butterfingers 7 months ago, they had the aluminium washers.  I believe this change was made due to the plastic washers having too much deflection during the tightening process and the diabolo would loosen up over time.  This does not happen as readily with the aluminium washers.

Still, always a good piece of information to remind people of.  As for the cracked hub, that's interesting indeed.  They're not really the right shape to crack under load, a very hard knock on a very sharp point perhaps?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

JC

• Donator
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2007, 05:22:54 pm »
@tommi

Thanks for your comment concerning the Standard Leicht Kits
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Dennis

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2008, 09:13:03 am »
I also decided to buy some new axles for my circuses for my birthday.
But I really don't know which ones to buy......

So which do you suggest, which are the best?
I want to have some that are good for 3d, and especially Vertax!

looking forward to some helpful answers,

Dennis

hi! :P

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2008, 04:57:09 pm »
Different people like different hubs.  I think the main choices are between regular shape in plastic, giant or all-round.  I personally have all-round and really like them.

Whichever ones you choose won't be a "wrong" choice.  You will adapt to them and learn to love whatever it is you have.

Chiok
* Don't read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Dennis

« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2008, 05:14:59 pm »
I think I'll order somer allround! ;)
are they good for vertax?
hi! :P

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2008, 05:24:11 pm »
They're not bad for vertax, I make do as do many others.  I think it's more in the cups than the axle for vertax, but the main qualities don't really differ much.

Chiok

dan.ballarin

« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2008, 04:27:15 pm »
Can anyone tell me the difference between Henry's "Twist" axle and the "all-around".  I was going to get the "all-arounds" but thought that the twist had a wider metal part and would tangle up even less.  I do 1d and 2d with original Circus axles right now.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2008, 04:51:35 pm »
The twist has a wide axle and normal hubs. The all-around makes the diabolo slightly wider (5mm apparently), has different shaped hubs, and leaves a gap between the hub and axle. Never seen or used either in person.

The plain old regular shaped plastic hubs or ultralights are probably the most commonly used.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2008, 08:59:37 pm »
Allrounds are much better. I don't know anyone who has tried both that hasn't liked the allrounds better. Tommi uses them.  ;) The gap doesn't bother me at all and as far as I know hasn't bothered anyone else. The twist is alright, but not that great. In fact I find that it tangles more easily than the allrounds.

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2008, 09:51:13 am »
Tommi uses them.  ;)

That's not right, haven't used my allrounds for over a year. (we clearly don't practice together often enough Jesse  ;))  JC's kits are what I play with nowadays. Allrounds are nice too but I find them a little clumsy for 2 diabolo stuff.

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2008, 10:45:09 am »
Oh right I forgot about the black ones.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2008, 11:17:42 am »
Don´t know how much people have discussed them in this thread but I will always love my wide acrobataxles (dunno about the name, they´re wide and black).

Learnt excalibur on them, absolutely awesome for vertical play and they also seem (haven´t weighed them to see if they actually do) to take the weight down + they are really smooth against the string. All in all a great kit for the circus.

seaneatsmuffins

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2009, 10:20:28 pm »
Just wondering the best kit for circus diabolo
Nobody else like me

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2009, 11:59:03 pm »
Whats better? Finesse or circus, sundia or taibolo? carbons or xtremes?

What I'm saying is everyone is going to have their own preference. Try and many as you can, or just pick one you think you'll like and buy them. At best get to a convention and just ask to try out peoples gear. I found my love for circus that way.

(Still a Sundia man through and through) ;)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

seaneatsmuffins

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2009, 12:08:22 am »
yeah will thats a good idea to do thanks
Nobody else like me