Author Topic: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)  (Read 41629 times)

Spooned

Re: Henrys Axles (teflon, 4erli, finger etc.)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005, 12:25:17 pm »
Video Tutorial Plz  :roll: its a bit beyond me
Diabolo or Diablo

Spink

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005, 12:31:17 pm »
Quote from: Spooned
Video Tutorial Plz  :roll: its a bit beyond me

There's a thread on the tricks archive that goes into it, bur the main thing is to cath the diabolo betwwen the knuckle near your fingertip and the knuckle in the middle of you fingers.
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 10:05:32 am »
you know, there's not much to explain. one day, Sean (you know, webmaster of here) said something like, just expect the friction. and poof it worked!

by now, i dont even need a fast spinning diabolo to get it to grind. just make sure your hands are clean and dry. stick out your hand like you're going to make a handshake, yet keep your fingers totally straight. you're going to need to land the diabolo perfectly straight on your index finger, between the hand and the middle knuckle.

just keep working on it. experiment with how you land it on your finger...pull your hand down a little bit so the landing is softer (like how you catch a kendama). you'll get it. it seems unbelievable at first, but, it is definitely possible.

Spink

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 12:50:02 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
you're going to need to land the diabolo perfectly straight on your index finger, between the hand and the middle knuckle.

Just like i said. :wink:  but without the spelling mistakes. :lol:  

Whats a 'kendama' ??
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 02:45:05 pm »
Quote from: Spink
Whats a 'kendama' ??

it's an awesome japanese toy. i bought a couple in Japan last time i was there...they are addicting.

The Void

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 02:51:59 pm »
Funniest moment of Turin EJC: Tommy Cooper impressions by Masahiro. [1]

Masahiro on the renegade stage, holding a Kendama.
Points at ball, "Ken"
Points at stick, "Dama" [2]
Points at stick, "Dama"
Points at ball, "Ken"
Hops ball onto prong, "Kendama!"

The Void
Spoon, Jar. Jar, spoon!

[1] Well, if you know who Tommy Cooper was, that is....
[2] I may have got that the wrong way round, but hey....
www.juggler.net/bungayballsup - On your way back from Berlin? Come along then!
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Otoshidama

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 02:51:46 am »
I'm in the process of ordering a Henry's Circus diabolo and I wanted to get some aluminum handsticks too.  But there is also this vinyl replacement spool for the Circus that I could order and it says that if you use the original spool with aluminum handsticks it could get damaged.  I was wondering if this is actually a serious problem because I would rather not pay the extra 19 Dollars if I don't have to.

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 10:45:12 am »
can you buy a wide axle kit for the henrys circus? If so where can I get one from :?:
 I live in England
Thanks Marc

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 03:34:38 pm »
Marc, read through the thread that you just posted in, particularly the very first post. There is a wide axle version. You must order from Germany.

seán_

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 03:46:32 pm »
AFAIK Marc, the only wide axle kits are the ones mentioned in the first post of this thread, there are links to where you can get them from. If you are after a finger style axle like you can get for finese, I dont think anybody does them. ( apart from in Brazil and that was only partially successfull i believe) maybe its something you could do in CDT (Shop)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2005, 06:27:18 pm »
a wide axle kit..? dont you mean wide hub kit? i havent yet seen a wide axle kit for the Circus.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2005, 11:39:05 pm »
ok, reviving this thread a little here...

i bought the hubs from extremespin.com. and now, the painful wait begins...

Hoop

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2005, 12:32:47 am »
I got them too, and put them on last night.  So far they are great.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2005, 05:32:35 am »
So, are the plastic hubs good with the aluminum sticks? or is there something else that is better for henrys circus aluminum sticks. My hubs are pretty scratched up from them, and its only been a week.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Arjan

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2005, 08:27:37 am »
This may been said before, but the hubs are from teflon. That is a lot times stronger then plastic. The ofcourse they are good with the alu sticks from henrys.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2005, 08:36:37 am »
ive actually used these before (the official henry's ones). they are exactly the same as the stock ones, just plastic. i must say, i prefer the 4erlei (did i spell that right?) hubs as they are a bit wider and look sexier (and come in black!) but i dont really want to pay 30 bucks a diabolo for new hubs.

however, these are totally fine. i'd recommend em (and mine havent even arrived yet :p)

i'd recommend the teflon hubs even if you use wooden sticks, they are lighter and make for better grinding.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2005, 09:14:33 am »
oh man i got the hubs today! holy crap they are fast, i ordered on saturday and i got the hubs today, monday!

and oh wow, they are awesome, i wish they were wide but they are soooooooo cool already. as you can tell i'm ecstatic. i also scrubbed down my diabolos so its like having a new set. my diabolo life is revitalized!

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2005, 02:50:00 pm »
Congrats matt_. Seems like i will be getting lots of competition at creek now.  :D  Hopefully they last long, and your sticks dont scratch them. Dont think they will though.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2005, 10:34:28 pm »
im sure they're going to last forever or at least close to it. they rock man. too bad there wasnt juggling club today i would've brought em in :( oh well you'll see em eventually.

by the way, grinds are super quiet it, it freaks me out. anyway, i recommend them to everyone, even though they cost me half as much as i paid for the diabolos themselves....

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2005, 10:57:55 pm »
Yeah, i wanted to see how they looked. Thats awesome, ninja grinding(silent grinds). I need to get some new hubs too. You should see the ones i have :| . They are so jacked up. Too bad i dont have the money for it. Oh well, i always have my parents. :P even though if i get these, ill owe them about 50$ or more in diabolo equipment.