Author Topic: Asking permission to use certain videos  (Read 1594 times)

Matt D

Asking permission to use certain videos
« on: July 31, 2007, 05:18:49 am »
My cousin owns a 'how to' site and I am helping him get some videos about juggling and diaboloing on there. I am making as many videos of the things that I can. The videos that I would most like to use are: Sean's basic excalibur tutorial, Martijn's Excalibur genocide tutorial, Norbi's tutorial of Arjan's 2d mini-genocide, and the vortex tutorial by JGherkin. If it is okay to use your videos then just respond to this post. If it is not then do not post on this topic.

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Asking permission to use certain videos
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 05:32:05 am »
I think the reasonable thing to do here is link to the original thread with the video. Credit is then given, the original context is shown, the forum is supported, and additional information is available to the user.

I'd rather not have my videos hosted on someone else's server or, even worse, hotlinked. I'm pretty sure Martijn would say the same thing and since I helped put together Norbi's tutorial vid, I'd say the same thing for that.

But please do link to the original threads if you think the videos are useful.

Martijn

Re: Asking permission to use certain videos
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 03:30:42 pm »
Yup, Sean summed it all up nicely. You may link to the d.ca topic, or to my website: www.circusplanet.net/diabolo/video
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl