Author Topic: Inverse arm orbit figure of 8  (Read 5688 times)

Spink

Inverse arm orbit figure of 8
« on: February 04, 2005, 01:55:38 pm »
The only time i have seen this is on the Jibe website.

I know that you start with a trapeze whilst in the inverse arm orbit then flick it back round over both arms, but i dont have a clue how!!

This is the first time i have used a forum so ive just been tormenting my self for the last 2 months trying to figure it out on my own.

Any takers?
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Arjan

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 02:21:36 pm »
It`s very hard trick to do, all of it. For the entrance there is a very hard twist in the arm, wich you need to practice a lot. The only diaboloist who I know does it very nice is JiBe himself. Maybe he could reply here, or you could send him a personal message about it.

MattF

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 05:42:56 pm »
If you have the Diabology DVD, it gives a fairly detailed explanation of how to do it there. I agree though it is a difficult trick to pull off, and an even harder one to pull off and make look good.

Spink

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 09:01:54 pm »
Cheer,

Dont get payed for a few weeks so i'll try something else for a bit.

the clip with all the genecide and body moves made me feel sick, i can't wait
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

JiBe

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 07:22:41 pm »
Just seen this, thanks for the nice compliments guys.

As for advice, I really can't say anymore if you've seen the video on my site and on diabology. There's no secret really.

It's a 2 step process:
1) learn to get into the position
2) get it going
Both are not so obvious at first.

When I first learnt it, I gave up on step 2, and came back a year later to finish it.

So yeah, good luck, you'll get there, it's nothing impossible (get a longer string at first maybe) ;-)

JiBe

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 10:39:58 pm »
Over the summer I made up a trick similar to this which (in my opinion :wink: ), looks just as good. It's the same idea, but instead of having the string around both arms the whole time, you switch off each side. Hard to get the stick work, but once you have it down, it's big and flowy.

-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 11:49:31 pm »
(This trick took me ages to work out) :shock:  

Couple of things which helped me.

When sending the diabolo high over the head you need to think about fitting your left elbow into the loop that it comes down. (This only really happens at the last minute.)

Also when sending the diabolo over you need to flatten the right stick against you right arm to maximise string length.

As you make the transition from step 1 to step 2, moving your body to the right, (to cushion the fall of the diabolo), helps with the smoothness factor.

Respect and thanks to JiBE for keeping me going with his excellent videos!
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

Spink

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 12:23:16 pm »
Quote from: Sharpes
Over the summer I made up a trick similar to this which (in my opinion :wink: ), looks just as good. It's the same idea, but instead of having the string around both arms the whole time, you switch off each side. Hard to get the stick work, but once you have it down, it's big and flowy.

-Jacob

Any chance of you getting this on video for us?

Also thanks for all the help, i still can't belive that i havn't thought of joining a forum before now
3rd Base + Hubstacks =