Author Topic: 2 Diabolo Progression...  (Read 1966 times)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
2 Diabolo Progression...
« on: August 24, 2007, 11:36:54 pm »
I did search... but it's hard to find the same topic if someone else worded it differently >_>

Well in the last month or two I got corrections down, then I got better at accelerations, then got stopovers solid, and my 2 diaboloing just started to go through the roof, slow at first now I can just try a trick and usually get it first time, like I decided since my hyperloops are solidish now to try a suicide exit, I got it on my second try, (I know not a too difficult trick). Is it normal to have trouble in the beginning then just get a lot better? Also my 1 diabolo has gotten better, I'm able to look at someone do a trick then figure it out for myself too.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Sean

• Administrator
Re: 2 Diabolo Progression...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:29:18 am »
Is it normal to have trouble in the beginning then just get a lot better?
I think it's pretty clear from reading posts from almost anyone learning 2d that the answer is yes.

The search function isn't always easy to use, but the Trick archive is golden.

Members make lots of mention of their 2d progression in the Starting and correcting 2 diabolos thread.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 12:34:03 am »
Once you can stabilize your 2 diabolo pattern, you find so many new tricks open to you so you can try so many new tricks which is why progress is so quick.  I had an old video where I just did a bunch of basic two diabolo tricks. 

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1008.msg11196#msg11196

Once you can see how a trick works just by looking at it, you'll be able to teach yourself alot of tricks so keep practicing!

Josh

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 12:47:22 am »
Ok cool, it seems like I ask such obvious questions, but since one of my things is trying to spread diabolo, I would really like to seem like an all knowing guru so they won't hesitate to ask me, and I know if it's just me, or the general population. It does make sense once you've gotten a stable 2 diabolo pattern, then the fact that you already know how to diabolo makes you able to just go nuts over new tricks ;D
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?