Author Topic: Scotish juggling convention  (Read 2296 times)

Matt_H

Scotish juggling convention
« on: February 07, 2005, 02:07:14 am »
Well i've just got back from the Scotish juggling convention. It was amazing to meet Matt Hall there along with lots of other people from the forum (including the old school master Donald Grant) and i had an amazing time learning a lot of new tricks (special thanks to Matt). I think all had a great time and i'm sure for those who missed it a few videos of some insane stuff will be on there way onto the forum at some point ?

Thanks all

Dr Matt_H

seán_

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 04:14:34 am »
That was such a great weekend.

Thanks Matt for all the help and for making the convention even better purely by being there, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you.

Donald Grant was on great form both with diabolo and Banter, Barnesy did plenty of filming (and plenty of top notch diaboloing himself). Luke Burrage also had the camera in hand when not performing, breaking world records or coming close to damaging expensive Da vinci machinery with 2 high :). Good to see el Grimley there too keeping the spirit of jazz alive.

Also it was great to meet the Scottish diaboloists including Ronnie2tone and also nice to meet a diaboloiste there (is that what you would call a female diaboloist from Montreal Sean?). In general, as with most of the recent conventions I have attended, diabolo is strong. If anybody out there gets the chance to go to a juggling  convention I'd highly recomend it, I think everyone came away from the Scottish with more tricks and more good memories.

Luke also appeared to have landed a gig as a presenter for the Canadian Discovery Channel who were filming so hopefully Sean and |}{| Julian |}{| and other Canadians might get the chance to see what they missed

I got about 6 hrs of sleep in the whole weekend and am still on a high. bed beckons :)

Seán

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 05:00:14 pm »
I had a great time up there.  I have a head (and a few Mini DV tapes) full of diabolo things I need to try  Now I just need to find time to go through all the footage I filmed - I'll probably do Matt Hall's excalibur workshop first, but won't be able to get to it immediately.  There's quite a few potential trick of the weeks in there somewhere, too!

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 11:15:06 pm »
Big up to everyone at the convention!! Had an excellent time and as a bonus it was even sunny in Glasgow. (Almost unheard of in the West of Scotland :wink: )

Saved myself weeks, nae months of practise from the tips and tricks provided by everyone there. Thanks to all.

Looking forward to seeing those videos!!
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

el_grimley

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 04:27:15 pm »
Yeah I had an ace time too. Certainly more inspired to learn some more two diabolo stuff as well as some 5 ball tricks. And it was nice seeing Matt have a try of the local 'beers'.

Graham
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.