Author Topic: Under arm throw query  (Read 6679 times)

Ifrit

Under arm throw query
« on: February 07, 2005, 11:21:30 pm »
Just worked out a new trick and I was wondering if any of you guys have seen/heard of it being done before.
It’s simply the underarm catch for normal 1 diabolo arm orbits but reversed so the diabolo is going anti-clockwise. So you’re popping the diabolo from under the arm instead.

I suppose it would be called an under arm throw in this case  :) .

Well anyone heard of it before or can i clame it as unique?

*i dont have many so when the prospect of one comes along i get alil bit excited  :D

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Under arm throw query
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 11:49:38 pm »
I for one dont quite understand what your discribing...and if i do then i cant figure out how it works...you able to provide a vid? I'm always up for increasing my arm combo length lol

Martijn

Under arm throw query
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 11:14:36 am »
You mean reversed arm orbits? So the diabolo slows down? That's been done before I think..
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Spink

Under arm throw query
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 12:15:13 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
You mean reversed arm orbits? So the diabolo slows down? That's been done before I think..

Do you mean like a arm orbit but with your left hand where your right should be and your right where your left should be?
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Martijn

Under arm throw query
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 01:44:03 pm »
Quote from: Spink
Quote from: Martijn

Do you mean like a arm orbit but with your left hand where your right should be and your right where your left should be?

no. I mean if you do arm orbits in a counterclockwise circle.

(I'm sorry, the reversed over arm orbits are the orbits where you 'cross' your arms.)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Arjan

Under arm throw query
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 04:15:38 pm »
Hey Ifrit,

I never seen that trick, can you pull it off? Don`t claim anything... there might be a guy doing it somewhere who doesn`t know internet exists.

It would be a really fun trick, keep me up to date with it!

Ifrit

Under arm throw query
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 05:15:50 pm »
i dont think i explained it at all well so i will make a vid 2moro lunch and post it in the evening. i always up for a bit of timed video creation.

Arjan

Under arm throw query
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 07:11:52 pm »
Quote from: Ifrit
i dont think i explained it at all well so i will make a vid 2moro lunch and post it in the evening. i always up for a bit of timed video creation.

I can understand it, I`ll try to do it.

Ifrit

Under arm throw query
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 07:29:42 pm »
Yeah i know you got it you saying you got it kinda gave me that impression :) its just im not sure others did. Anyway i just want an excuse to use the college dv camera and iMac again :)

Arjan

Under arm throw query
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 08:24:31 pm »
Quote from: Ifrit
Yeah i know you got it you saying you got it kinda gave me that impression :) its just im not sure others did. Anyway i just want an excuse to use the college dv camera and iMac again :)

LOL, I tried it, but couldn`t do it... maybe you have more luck. Try several times defenitly, don`t give up on it.

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
Under arm throw query
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 03:57:48 pm »
If your right handed and you do the reverse arm orbits around your left arm, it speeds the diabolo up, slightly easier than doing it around the right arm, i think GbH does it, as i recall from the Crawley Convention last year.