Author Topic: Help on color picking  (Read 8361 times)

TomerB

Re: Help on color picking
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 02:25:59 pm »
well... i bought my diabolos...

black yellow and red, i'm not from germany or belgium but i think this combination is nice  :D

thanks to everyone that tryied to help.

Rob_

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 03:01:19 pm »
right, ive not bought my diabolo's yet, and i was wondering what colours to get, im gonna get 2,

im not arsed if their circus or finesse, as they both seem EXACTLY the same to me, and i dont think i would notice the difference, because i dont have a playing style yet, so its obviously going to be the looks that are gonna be the clincher for me.

things i love about the finesse:
- the black hubs
- the shorter depth cups
- the cheaper LED kits

things i love about the circus:
- the wider colour range
- the wider range of customisation options

Things i hate about the finesse:
- not that many customisation options
- not as many colour options for the cups

things i hate about the circus:
- the fact the hubs dont look as cool as the finesse
- they look wider than the finesse (dunno why that doesnt appeal to me)

so any ideas what i should get? i saw this and loved it, and was wondering if its possible with circus or finesse?

ps. sorry if this is considering hijacking, im not sure if its bad forum ettiquette or not, but it seems related

pps. i want to get blue light kits, and dont want to buy the henrys ones, so if i buy the finesse kits, is it possible to put them on a circus?

VincentPlumbers

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 03:16:41 pm »
Yes, it's possible to put Babache light kits on Circusses, you'll need this adapter: http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/adapter_kits_babache.html. Good luck on chosing your new stuff.

Ilias

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 03:21:02 pm »
so any ideas what i should get? i saw this and loved it, and was wondering if its possible with circus or finesse?
I think the diabolo on the picture is a Circus diabolo, because teflon hubs are available in black and white, so you just have to buy a white and a black circus with a white and a black set of teflon hubs en then mix 'em...

pps. i want to get blue light kits, and dont want to buy the henrys ones, so if i buy the finesse kits, is it possible to put them on a circus?
Yes it is, in our club someone makes special kits that make it possible to put Finesse lightkits on Henry's circus diabolo.. but I never saw it in a shop yet.. EDIT: okay Firetoys sells 'em :)

Rob_

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 03:22:00 pm »
nice =D and thanks :)   oooo, this is going to sound absurd, but can you mount the light kits upside down?

i.e so the LED's are facing the hub, to make the cup glow more, instead of actually showing the LEDs'

ahhh thanks Ilias =D,   where sells the teflon hubs?

Rob_

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 03:23:13 pm »
ahh i really should look before i speak =P

just found the hubs =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
Extended Axle Curved Ultra light kit (Circus) 254g - White      £12.77
Extended Axle Curved Ultra light kit (Circus) 254g - Black            £12.77    
Henry's Circus Diabolo in Black                                                £19.53
Henry's Circus Diabolo in White                                                    £19.53
Henry's aluminium diabolo handsticks                                          £7.62
Mr Babache Evolution 4 Blue LED Kit  (x2)                                    £18.70    
Babache light kit adapter  (x2)                                                   £14.04    

Subtotal   £104.96    
VAT            £18.36    
Total             £123.32    

its very pricey =P  so i think im going to get just the sticks and the diabolo's myself, and get all the mods for my birthday =D because its in just 18days time! =D

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 07:32:50 pm »
so, would white look better stage wise as apposed to like blue, red, or orange? b/c i was considering white, blue, red, or orange, still undecided...XD

nev

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 09:37:52 am »
Both the Fly and Taibolos can be set up like this without any mods at all - you just need 1 black & 1 white diabolo

www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

JC

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 10:55:44 am »
Out of the picture Rob_ has added you could see that this is also possible for the Circus.
The picture of Rob_ shows a Circus in Standard size, this means this axle adds no width.
The price is 32 Euro.

This picture shows a Circus with a wide axle, called Ultra Leicht Kit.
The price for those is 33 Euro.

www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 12:53:35 am »
White is generally better for stage work as most stages are black or at least dark so white will be most visible, as long as they're clean.  However that is about it as alot of places you may find yourself practising will not be black or dark but probably light and/or white. 

With adequate lighting on stage, most diabolos will be visible to the audience.  Ryo Yabe uses black diabolos and there are no issues there.  His are shiny though.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 03:27:54 am »
Ryo Yabe uses black diabolos and there are no issues there.  His are shiny though.
Well, he puts shiny silver tape inside the cups. In his interview with Luke Burrage he talks about having a white set and a black set so that he can adapt to the background and/or ceiling.

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 03:51:28 am »
sky from kinetic juggling just called me a couple of hours ago. She said that their site is down and it should be up in about a week. Also, one major this is that they're changing from the Finesse and Circus to the Taiwanese bearing axle diabolos. I'm not sure if shes also getting continentals, but when i find out, i'll let you know what she has. By the way, the stores in New York, New York, USA.

I know most of you prolly cant read chinese, but heres a link to a site of chinese, japanese, or taiwanese manufacturer, still not sure yet, that makes pretty good bearing-axle diabolos  http://sundiasports.com/product_01.html

i remember reading the washer on the outside cup and said something with Ryo Yabe. I just remember seeing his name. I'm going to a chinese camp, im a counsler, and the teacher from Taiwan in bring those bearings in, about 40 of em for camp use. Then when the camp is over, she's selling them, so i might be able to get my hands on a couple.  ;D

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 04:52:23 am »
Yes that is the link to the manufacturer of the Fly diabolos as has been mentioned in the fly thread. Also as has has been discussed elsewhere, Ryo helped design the Flys. May I ask what this has to do with "help on color picking"?

"A little less conversation, a little more action" = A little less posting and a little more reading old posts yourself (or just plain ordering some diabolos!) could go a long way.

Might I point out that this is your 17th post about your mission to buy new diabolos? While we try to be helpful and encouraging, this isn't something that everybody wants to hear about quite that much.

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 01:55:46 pm »
well actually, i ordered my circus' 2 days ago and i'm just saying i might be able to get a fly next week. but i'll go look for some old posts since im not rele on topic anymore

Rob_

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 07:34:16 pm »
i finally bought some diabolo!  :D

2 yellow finesse G3   and a pair of carbon fibre handsticks =D

got free stuff as well:
- diabolo book: "Diabolo 3: Two Hot to handle"      &  10m of Henry's yellow!

w00p w00p!  ;D so happy ^_^

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 04:55:56 pm »
OK, I already have 2 blue finesse G3's and I was wondering what color should my next 2 be? I want red or yellow what do you think?
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 05:24:18 pm »
OK, I already have 2 blue finesse G3's and I was wondering what color should my next 2 be? I want red or yellow what do you think?

What does it matter what we think? If you want red or yellow, I for one am not going to suggest any other colours. :P They're both good colours - flip a coin and pick one: it's totally your choice and preference.

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 05:41:45 pm »
Because I'm indecisive I don't really care what I think, and I care what you think, so why don't you just flip a coin and pretend that it's a real opinion?

Rob_

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2007, 10:08:50 am »
right;

blue & red = colour clash & therefore looks ****e

blue & yellow = contrasts & therefore looks amazing

or whynot just get another blue one, or a white one?

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2007, 05:52:04 pm »
right;

blue & red = colour clash & therefore looks sh*te

blue & yellow = contrasts & therefore looks amazing

or whynot just get another blue one, or a white one?

White ones get really nasty, and I want to be able to tell a difference in my multiple diaboloing, two blue ones make it kind of hard to learn. I think I will just get yellow then!