Author Topic: Finesse Fire Diabolo Conversion Kit  (Read 6556 times)

Vyckinis

looby

• Donator
Re: Finesse Fire Diabolo Conversion Kit
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:50:43 pm »
£55!!!

That's a horrific pricing error right there.  I put 20p on their stock level not dropping below 10.  Granted, the Nesbitt was £85 but at least it looked the part.  Add on the price of a Finesse to this kit and you reach £80 anyway. 

Ghastly
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Will G

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:17:11 pm »
That looks sooooooo bad. and £55!!

Mark

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 09:27:00 pm »
i agree wid u there Will G

mykill

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:06:26 pm »
it looks awful... its sticking out too much.
agree with all of you guys. 55 for a KIT!?!?
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:14:12 pm »
Looby as you say, it may well put it in the same price range as the nesbit, but I see your 20p and raise it to 50p that this is a darn sight nicer to use then any fire diabolo currently out. Why? Because its already one of the most favoured diabolos in use at the moment.

This will actually work like a diabolo, it will feel like a diabolo (a bit heavier) but when it drops it wont bend and then wobble stupidly it will work just like a finesse would if you dropped that. As for the price is the same as anything if you want a good quality product thats been made to a high standard it will cost you lots of money. Have a look at LED juggling balls, and the fire ones also, they get mighty pricey. They don't sell hundreds and millions of these products so the ones they do have to be for a reasonable price.

Will it looks sooooo bad but you don't say why? What about it looks bad? I'm sure you've seen the video with these being used, if you haven't go and find it, when you see it alight and being used as a proper diabolo then decide if it looks bad. If you are using them in a fire show, people aren't going to be sat there going, oh yeah but look at that bit of metal sticking out of his diabolo, they will be going, sweet thats some GOOD fire diabolo not some sucky crap that can't handle wraps. and £55!! What about it? How about you add a bit of substance to your replies, you haven't gone out of your way to produce a fire kit for people have you?

Scott blud, not everyones first language is English, so it helps if you write things properly, not to mention you have all the time in the world and typing takes next to none of the time up, so why not spend the extra seconds just to put the extra letters in? And whilst you are at it, put a bit of thought into your reply.

Mykill put a bit of thought into why its sticking out, and then remember this is a finesse not some crappy piece of metal. The price is going to be high, of course it is, this is going to be aimed at performers more then people who do it as a hobby, or occasionally enter the school talent show.

Of course I could be wrong and this could be the biggest con of the diabolo era, but having used other fire diabolos, I bet its not.
Alex abuses flys!

doiabolo (joe)

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 11:56:16 am »
I managed to have a play with some of these at Glastonbury and their not bad at all... They are very stable compared to most other fire diabolos on the market. But £55 is a bit pricey, i would fork out the extra £30 and and get a nesbit; much better value for money as i feel i could make a better kit if i could get my hands on the right tools. I would say the only design flaw is that the metal rod is too long and the silicone cups stick out too far..
All in all a good piece of kit just a bit pricey for what your actually getting.

Safe as houses!!
geniusis in the eye of the beholder

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 09:04:50 pm »
A few things - They screw into the same place the light kits do. So you can use the wide axle kit if you like. It's annoying and time consuming putting them on and off so you'd want a finesse only for fire.

Jolley18

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 04:05:37 pm »
I'm sure you've seen the video with these being used, if you haven't go and find it

Where might this video be found at?

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 01:55:46 am »
Hello guys!
I ve been searching some info about that on the forum, but I guess there isn t or maybe I didn t search well, but do some of you use
Fire Diabolo Extension Kit for Mr.Babache Finesse?? If yes I would be glad to get your feedbacks about it!
Here's the thing

Thank you!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 03:37:07 am »
Not a lot, but there is this thread, which I merged your post to.

Wis

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 10:21:30 am »
Well, i have some friends that had it since quite long. They bought it in Greece's EJC, though. the only difference i see is that his model didn't have those black discs to keep the fire away from the rubber. Btw the only result was that it got a bit melted, but the shape was good enough to be able to manage much better compare to a metallic fire diabolo that has fallen down only once over a non grass/sand ground. (they blend quite a lot because the metallic part is hot like hell, i suppose you've already tried them).
Compare with metallics diabolo the bad points are that this finesse with the kit gets crazy heavy, it really hard. The other really bad point is that the fire is really far from the center of the diabolo, that means that it's worrying close to your face. Thus it is more dangerous, and do a body combo or something like this is going to be a crowd pleaser like getting your head inside a lion's mouth.
And of course the Kevlar string sucks.
Hope it might be useful
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Jannis

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 10:46:54 am »
i think a fire diabolo is better, bacause this kit costs too mutch

onewheeldave

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 11:35:23 am »
i think a fire diabolo is better, bacause this kit costs too mutch

I think this kit is geared to those who don't want to use metal diabolos because of the downsides of metal diabolos i.e. they're overly dangerous and easily get damaged.

That's why I've never been interested in getting a metal fire diabolo, but did buy a Gora kit for my finesses recently- unfortunately I've not used it yet so can't give feedback on it.

As anyone who spins fire knows, contact with burning wick material rarely causes damage to skin/flesh- but heat from hot metal transfers in an instant, leading to burns: that's why poi spinners go for wicks without exposed metal parts (bolts etc).

A traditional fire diabolo is all metal- the thought of a mistake during, for example, arm orbits near the face, is pretty scary.

Also, a dropped diabolo rolls- possibly into a crowd of bystanders/audience- bad with both types of diabolo, but worse with a hot all-metal model.

So, for safety reasons, I chose the finesse kit- I'm not interested in using the metal models: not only because of the hazards, but also because many have said that a few drops end up with the diabolo distorted and bent.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 11:36:31 am »
Plus you can just use normal string, which means you can actually o half decent tricks with it
Alex abuses flys!