Author Topic: Sundia Sun Series Diabolos  (Read 38208 times)

Karl Arne

Re: Sundia Sun Series Diabolos
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2008, 03:50:57 pm »
Yes. I Don't like this color. I think the green look much better!

kurrygrodan

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2008, 04:32:35 pm »
I got 2  black sundia sun diabolos and i love them :o ;) . is it possible make sundia suns to sundia sun bearing?
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kurrygrodan - Show dat channel some love!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2008, 04:53:16 pm »
is it possible make sundia suns to sundia sun bearing?
No, not easily. At least, not without some serious modifications on your part. i.e. No. ;)

Metaphor

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2008, 08:13:15 pm »
About to buy some Suns propably. Do you guys know if pink/black Suns fit? Or black/white Flys.  :)

Appreciate it, Meta

kizzyontay52

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2008, 05:26:50 pm »
any body got these and not liked them? because i reaaaally want some.
"Its, a yoyo, not a mini diabolo. Yes, one of those things with the sticks and that, but this is a yoyo."

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2008, 05:39:58 pm »
I got 2 Suns recently and they are stunning. I've always liked Circi for their weight and feeling of just being decent. Then I got some Taibolo's but they didn't really do it for me. I liked them for their ''smooth'' feeling, but they just didn't weigh enough for me.

Suns are the best of both worlds for me: 275gr with plastic washers is just the perfect wieght for me, they feel very decent yet extremely smooth while playing. Oh, and they look nice!

Suns are the best diabolo's available for me :)
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Martijn

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2008, 06:04:44 pm »
I hear ya Marijn. Now I've used them for a while, they became my fav diabs as well :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2008, 06:10:38 pm »
The one thing that bugs me about my suns is throw starting them high and correcting them high. Anyone figured out any tricks for this? I must be missing something because Ryo likes/designed them and he's no slouch with 3 or 4 high.

1. I find them a bit hard to throw start them consistently with good spin, direction, angle, and tilt when right backhand throwing them to start 3d.
2. Because of the wide axles, I find them harder to adjust their orientation with the string in 2 or 3 high. Also, I find them a bit more liable to fall completely off axis. Basically, if things start going bad, they go really bad in couple of rotations. With regular circus or finesse axles, or even taibolos, I can angle my string or catch a bit to the front or back to correct things - especially if the diabolo isn't spinning fast.

Mostly this is all a result of their wider axles. Any thoughts for others that use them for 2 or 3 high backhand hand starts or people that can correct them easily with the string?

Otherwise, they are my favourites too.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2008, 10:29:37 pm »
Then I got some Taibolo's but they didn't really do it for me. I liked them for their ''smooth'' feeling, but they just didn't weigh enough for me.

Suns are the best of both worlds for me: 275gr with plastic washers is just the perfect wieght for me, they feel very decent yet extremely smooth while playing. Oh, and they look nice!

Suns are the best diabolo's available for me :)

yeah, i was thinking about this but then i realized that i had been using 4 inch diabolos for a long time so that makes the taibolos seem like a rock....if i need more weight i was planning on decorating the cups insides.

with the suns though, it just seems after close analysis that the axel looks TOO wide but that could be from personal preferance

edit:spelling
can't believe its not butter

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2009, 09:33:23 am »
I have a little problem with the hubs of one of my Suns. Both the hubs have the problem you can see in the pictures below. Is this a common problem? Could it have been avoided? 'Cause I don't really know how this happened :(

Time for a new set of hubs I guess.

(I tried to get the pictures as sharp (is that correct, or a ''double-dutch'' :P?) as possible).

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2009, 10:22:00 am »
Left them under the sun too long ?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2009, 01:59:31 pm »
"sharp" is correct. I've had the same thing happen to 2 of mine. I believe it happened when I had them on the axles but without the cups and I dropped them (travelling). Thank goodness they only cost a couple pounds (compared to Henrys hubs for example). I think it's the nature of their shape. They are very narrow along the edges.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2009, 04:12:53 pm »
Were they still on the diabolos at the time?  As Sean said, I've only seen that happen when the cups are removed.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2009, 08:59:46 pm »
The cups haven't been off the diabolo since I bought 'em. The hubs are cheap indeed :)

nev

• Donator
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2009, 09:23:44 pm »
That is indeed strange then - I've never seen them damaged like that on a complete diabolo.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2009, 09:32:59 pm »
I assume they would have had to catch on something? Maybe a tiny lip just happened to land on something hard with an edge?

Or maybe you shouldn't have tried to fix that scuff mark with a sledge hammer?

Hardi-har-har

monkiatzu

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2009, 11:41:42 am »
lol sean, sledge hammers solve everything dont they :P
that happened to me when i tried using fishing wire for diabolo string, which is awesome, but it catches between the cup and washer and kills the washer
wat to do; you should unscrew the cups, take out the washers and bend them back.
worked for me, should for  u
if not get a sledge hammer

maunch

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2009, 06:02:00 am »
I just got some of the light Suns, and they are awesome!  Well, considering it was an upgrade from a single Chinese yo-yo...  But they're still cool!

killer764

« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2009, 06:43:02 pm »
Can i fit this: http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=46
Into a sundia sun or a sundia shinning?

I want to buy a new diabolo, but i don't know if the sundia sun is softer than the shinning.
I hate the sundia fly's kind of cup and i want to buy the diab which is the more similar than the circus.

Can I buy a sundia shinning (marble) with a fixed axle?

P.S: i want exclusively a fixed axle diabolo.
Sorry for my ugly english ^^

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2009, 07:50:46 pm »
You want a fixed axle diabolo that is lke a circus... Hmmm, perhaps just buy a circus?
Alex abuses flys!