Author Topic: 1D Leg orbit tricks/runs  (Read 4093 times)

Spink

1D Leg orbit tricks/runs
« on: February 08, 2005, 01:07:23 pm »
Hello everybody

My attempts with 2D are bringing me close to tears so i thought i would see what ideas people had for leg orbit tricks.

All i have at the moment are suicide/slowcide to back, the one where you catch the diabolo backside and then turn (frontside if you skate) 180.

I have seen one where you turn the opposite way and the diablo ends in some sort of knot?? and also Jibe (sorry i keep going on about him but the majority of stuff i have got tricks from are off his web site) throws his stick around his leg which creates some sort of loop i think but i dont know how it works.

Any takers??
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

murifri

1D Leg orbit tricks/runs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:36:08 pm »
Have you tried putting both handsticks in one hand, a little style trick not particularly technical.

Or where to catch the diabolo in an arm trap on the right hand side and then front wrap and do a slowicide out, also called a fritz release I beleive.  That ones on Jibe's website.

Bouncing the diabolo from one side to the other over your leg is also a fun one.

Spink

1D Leg orbit tricks/runs
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 01:11:03 pm »
i like the look of the one where it bounces over your leg from sife to side but every time i try and bounce it back t just flies of inm random direcrions. is there a trick to this, pulling on the opposite side its bouncing to keep the string tight or something?
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

seán_

1D Leg orbit tricks/runs
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 03:38:14 pm »
The bounce back one is just down to touch and making sure you catch and throw in line. To help with the move you have to give a bit everytime you catch.

Murifri, that exit sounds great but I dont think its a fritz release, thats more or a magic knot/inverese stopover type thing animation here

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
1D Leg orbit tricks/runs
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 04:17:29 pm »
For the throwing-the-stick-around-the-leg-making-a-loop  :P  Trick, you have to throw the stick around (over the top) your leg as you push the diabolo back under your leg after just catching it, you can either throw the stick on the inside of the string (side closest to your body) or the outside, depends what you prefer i guess.

Once you have caught the returning stick, which should come back from under your leg, the string should be wrapped around your leg, you then continue with the leg orbit, but when you next catch it, on the right side, you've gotta give it a little more of a push this time, so it travels inside the loop, and then it comes out on the left side of the string just as if you were doing normal leg orbits, and just continue with normal leg orbits, the only difference being that instead of the diabolo traveling under your leg after you catch it, it will loop around your leg in the loop of string!

Getting out of it is what i found most tricky, when you push the diabolo into the loop and it reaches about half way round, so its kinda above your leg, you let go of your right handstick and it will suicide out, then you are free to carry on with the leg orbits, or exit however you like...

Sorry, bit of a lengthy explanation there! Hope it helps though... :D

Matt