Author Topic: Mister Babache site online!!  (Read 9619 times)

Arjan

Mister Babache site online!!
« on: February 10, 2005, 05:31:22 am »
Finally after a long time it is online!!!

http://www.jonglerie.com/

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 06:05:07 am »
That's great but there's no information about any of their products on the site.  What's the point?

Julian :?

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 09:31:46 am »
They finally have something online!! You can e-mail them about questions you have. In the future I guess there are gonne be products online, and as it looks a e-shop. Well, whatever... it has been down for a long time, give me a break  :lol:

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 10:40:11 am »
The latest existing and future products include:

Diabology: Double DVD
Finesse second generation
Evolution 4
Acryl crystal
Flowerstick
Energy stick

finally, official :P But what are they mean with the Evolution Kit 4? those are light kits, right? And why didn't they mention the new alu sticks? And what is a energy stick?!!

download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Andy

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 11:20:34 am »
the light kits are probably up there because i think they're being redesigned. I ordered some back in november from butterfingers and first of all they said there was some problem at the factory but last week  they said they still haven't come because they're being redeisgned or something. Anyone else know anything about this?

Eduardo

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
Such a long time for such a sucky website...
Not a single valuable information, and the webdesigner even put the admin login at the front page...
The distributors page only shows the countries, but not the names or addresses...
I'd rather wait longer and have a full functional website...
Come on, its not that expensive to hire a programmer, I'd make their website in exchange for some free equipment...

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 12:23:22 pm »
Haha... since when is "Quebec" a country?  Did they separate from Canada without our knowledge? :lol:

Distributors: "Africa, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Columbia, Israel, New Zealand, Peru, Quebec and the USA."

Eduardo

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 12:31:36 pm »
Hehehehe nice one, I hadn't noticed...

Rusty

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 01:05:19 pm »
Finally!

But they still have alot of work to do. The page is slow and not the nicest page I have seen. I hope they will add posibility to order direct from them over the internet like Henrys. But it is still better than a bunny and a snowman.

Maybe they had problems drawing chichens and easter eggs, and decided to make the page instead of making another drawing.

Rusty, Norway

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 12:09:15 am »
I had a good laugh about Quebec too Sean.  Maybe we should tip them off that it's actually Canada, not Quebec.

shaddow

Quebec a country?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 01:03:47 pm »
I can understand (almost) an oversight like listing Quebec instead of Canada if the only Canadian distributor was from Quebec, but Higgins Brothers sell Mr. Babache products in Ontario, as well.  I know that they are getting their orders directly from Mr Babache and not just reselling from others, either.  Oh well, maybe it will be corrected when the site goes live for selling directly, online. (Hopefully soon)

Ed

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 09:04:29 pm »
Quote from: Andy
the light kits are probably up there because i think they're being redesigned. I ordered some back in november from butterfingers and first of all they said there was some problem at the factory but last week  they said they still haven't come because they're being redeisgned or something. Anyone else know anything about this?

Someone told me that the redesign will be that the light kits light up as the diabolo spins so when the diabolo is not spinning it wont light up(is that good or bad?)

nik

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 02:59:09 pm »
apparently the light kits are gettin redesigned as the old one broke too often (i know i snapped the leds off mine pretty soon)

the new sticks are going to be plastic which will make them flexible. i was told they dont feel very nice with multiple diabolos..... maybe thats the power stick??

i think the ratchet axle is not being made any more they had problems with too much heat from the friction or somethin. its a shame i wanted one!

Paul

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 05:51:58 pm »
It says on the butterfingers site that the re-design for the light kits includes a recharge feature. Quite handy really. Lets hope they get rid of that nasty big green circuit board vibe though :D
Peace

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 09:57:42 pm »
Quote from: nik
apparently the light kits are gettin redesigned as the old one broke too often (i know i snapped the leds off mine pretty soon)

Yeap, spin the diabolos too quickly and the LEDs break. :(

the new sticks are going to be plastic which will make them flexible. i was told they dont feel very nice with multiple diabolos..... maybe thats the power stick??

Um, this is 'old' news, right? They were originally going to be an acrylic material but have been changed to aluminum. The acrylic ones were too flexible. The aluminum ones are great. Have a look at: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=89
i think the ratchet axle is not being made any more they had problems with too much heat from the friction or somethin. its a shame i wanted one!

As far as I know the ratchet is still in development. Did you get this information right from Babache recently? There were rumours of problems with heat but I believe they still intend to release them after some further engineering.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 09:58:52 pm »

Yeap, spin the diabolos too quickly and the LEDs break. :(

Um, this is 'old' news, right? They were originally going to be an acrylic material but have been changed to aluminum. The acrylic ones were too flexible. The aluminum ones are great. Have a look at: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=89

As far as I know the ratchet is still in development. Did you get this information right from Babache recently? There were rumours of problems with heat but I believe they still intend to release them after some further engineering.

Punkerpanda

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 10:00:59 pm »
on the topic of the finesse attachments getting to hot, has anybody else noticed that the wide axle tends to get quite hot when you speed it up alot and do fignergrinds and such?

Arjan

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 10:08:35 pm »
I noticed the axle got very hot from high speed lifts. Explanation:
Turning fast, means a lot heat.
Then breaking down from friction, get a lot hotter. Also it slows down obviously, what means the axle first catching air at high speed is now not catching so many air, so temp will rise up. C&C on this theory please.

Martijn

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 11:55:27 am »
Yes, the Finesse wide axles do get hot when they're spinning fast on your finger. That's not a big problem though. :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Ed

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
Is it easier to use 2 diabolos when they have the finger grind kit?

seán_

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2005, 12:19:15 pm »
not really Ed as it makes them more unstable. You get less problems with wrap ups however and they do help with some tricks. I think Sean has some thoughts on this in the equipment sticky and here, basically I think its what I just said. You want to be comfortable with two first IMHO.

Seán_

Ed

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2005, 12:45:35 pm »
oh thanks.

eggy900

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2005, 12:07:47 pm »
i've been waiting many a month for it to arrive and i am utterly dissapointed that such a great company has such a rubbish website

Spooned

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2005, 07:01:19 pm »
Quote from: eggy900
i've been waiting many a month for it to arrive and i am utterly dissapointed that such a great company has such a rubbish website

Fair shout  :(
Diabolo or Diablo

eggy900

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 08:27:27 am »
thx spooned