Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 189799 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2005, 09:06:58 pm »
Lol- funny guy I also run a synch shuffle
Behind your back is your front.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2005, 09:01:39 pm »
I've had a recent development in my 3d shuffle. I just perfected (not that its perfect, you know what i mean) my synch shuffle. It now looks just lnear enouh exactly like Ryo Yabe's , near enough entirely right handed except when recovering from the start and corrections etc.   I can get loads of spin out of it then.  But its alot harder with lighter diabs, i can do it perfectly with circuses but not finesses. With the finesses  they tilt too much, dont know why. I'll get a pic or a vid as soon as i can.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2005, 09:19:17 pm »
hi! here's a video of my actually 3D low shuflle ! :) no new realy trick just sequence with a friend ;) and some bad trick not succed in front the cam ;)!

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/petit-lu/stock/Tahia_Session.wmv

some say that my suffle is equilateral what do you think of it?  :shock:

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2005, 09:28:06 pm »
oops forgot to ask.

Can any1 do wrap acceleration in synch without going into asynch first. I've done it about 5 times ever in synch. Ryo yabe can do it but he never on the forum, i could do with a little help.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2005, 09:33:07 pm »
instead of driving one, miss it completely (just let it go past) and backwrap the next one. As you miss the one, and are about to backwrap the other, bring the left hand really far out.

I cant even do 3, but that's what i got from watching Ryo, try analyzing videos, its the way forward. :wink:

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2005, 09:33:56 pm »
i do it but i don't need to do it :Dcause i'm synch
but ryo yabe just use his right hand so it's not realy the same timing like a "common" synch! you have to wrap at the good time ..that's all i can say...  :?

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2005, 10:32:36 pm »
Must say Tahia, that is a very equally spaced synch style you've got there, not even particular right handed.  And impressed how you kept it all so straight even in that wind!  Good shuffle though, wish I could.  Keep thinking maybe I should trade in my 2 Finesses and get 3 Circuses, or at least add weight to my finesses.

Chiok
p.s - those are some damn filthy diabolos Tahia, get them cleaned!
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Martijn

« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2005, 10:44:34 pm »
No! leave them dirty! :wink:

Very nice video indeed Tahia. You have a very nice controlled synch shuffle. Great stuff!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2005, 11:51:23 am »
sorry i won't wash them... it's their style and i like it ;) !! i advice you to buy circus with light axles it's more easier i think :) i don't like the feeling of my 3 shuffle with finesses...it's too bad  :twisted: !

and thanks martinj i hope meet you and arjan one day in convention :)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2005, 02:57:06 pm »
a while ago i came up with the idea of using wrap acceleration  to go into a sun, or a sprinkler and now i can do the sunn alot better by doing that. This is also how i learnt to get into suns and sprinklers with 2d. anyone else tried this before

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2005, 11:36:20 pm »
well i can do my sun just after my start when i unwrap!
or arter a 42 ...and more recently after a 522 sun!!

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2005, 01:43:45 am »
Ok, so ive gotten the wrap start pretty much down, and can go for about -1-3 full cycles, but I was wondering, for 3 low, does it help to have a longer string? Since I have seen the 3 diaboloists with a somewhat longer string, i am thinking it does help, or does it really matter?
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2005, 03:41:48 am »
was reading earlier posts, and I usually do synch for my first two speedups right after my wrap start, then go into asynch. not ryo yabe style, just a regular speedup like in asynch, cept in sycnh. whatever. nice tahia on the 5(2d sun)(3d  sun), I wish my 3d suns were good enough to work on that.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2005, 12:20:18 pm »
Dracodragon, i found it easier to learn 3 low with a slightly longer string but now I've got it down i find it much easier to do with a shorter string. SO really, i dont think it makes that much differnece at all, its all about what you are used to and what you prefer. The important thing is not to change lengths too drastically in one go, coz you will get completely put off by it and it takes ages to get used too, change lengths gradually.

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2005, 07:56:02 pm »
hi
I have been trying 3D for a few week, i can get the wrap start about 80% of the time, but my pattern is very bad and i seem to make them hit each other(it lasts for longer if i let it go round by its self). can anyone give my some advice?
Thank you

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2005, 08:06:02 pm »
Go to the start of this thread and read it all!

Hmm, you'll probably find me telling someone else that same thing while you're in there...   :P

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2006, 10:50:57 pm »
I have been some problems with my asynch shuffle.  I think that I'm not pushing enough with my right hand.  I'm trying to post a video on jugglethis.net however it's just not working... it's 45 seconds long or so and it's 10.5 mb so is there some way i can send it to someone to host?  I've been working on it for so many months and I have the wrap start solid but I have had no progress with the shuffle.  my average is like 4 otts....  check out the last clip in my last video, it's my latest shuffle.  the practice clip was shot today...  thanks

Josh

Andy S

« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2006, 11:51:06 pm »
It's just kind of clicked for me some of the time (like 30 ott), so while it's fresh in my mind I'll give what weak advice I have.

When I've had several bad runs I've found that I need to drop my hands lower.  I guess this doesn't matter for synch, but to get enough lift for asynch Ive had to bring the pattern down a little.  I also find pointing my sticks more forward and moving the shuffle away from me help a bit.  I don't think I actually use my right hand all that much.  

Honestly though, I think most of my progress has come from watching the siteswap freestyle section of Diabology (Baptiste stuff) and Feel Good Inc. almost daily (thanks Bertrand).

Hope something helps.  When I start to get worse (as apparently happens off and on), you'll get to help me out!

-Andy

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2006, 09:13:04 am »
If you're doing an async shuffle don't be to concerned with the right hand. think about you're left hand. Consciously feel each diab being lifted with the left hand.
Having said that this advice somehow managed to helkp me learn my synch shuffle which i then developed into asynch. But still its good advice.
And as andy said, watching video's of people doing it helps. When i learnt it i  watched the 3 low educational part on diabology over and over again. After watching it, try to imagine it, and get an image of yourself doing it in your head.
Also, every time you set down to a 3 low practice session, commit yourself 100% every time don't practice with the television on or while listening to music. Every time really concentrate 100%. If you fail stop for a minute and try to work out what went wrong. Then do it again and try to correct the mistake you made last time.

Hope this helps.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2006, 12:00:25 pm »
ok here's some attempts in slo mo so you guys can get a good look.

http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=473

Now with your advice i think after 3 otts, my left hand misses the one i wrap to start because it falls behind the rhythm right?  Also how do i get it to lift up and instead of across (no offense but i don't want an "umberto" asynch shuffle  :P )  should i move my left hand up instead of what i'm doing now or what?  

Josh