Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 189806 times)

busk

Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2006, 01:33:21 pm »
i think that an advice is to try at the beginning to use only the hand which  trow the diabolos..(if your righter you have to use your left hand) and to concentrate to trow the diabolo high (for a low pattern i mean..) and to use the right hand just to catch the diabolos...and after some time, when you learnt to do the movement, to begin to pull with the right hand to accellerate the diabolos...

i hope it's clear, but i think it isn't

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2006, 04:39:24 pm »
ah tijn, you caught the fever :D  I've been trying for a long time.  hope you get it easier than I did.  I start out doing 3 shuffling it for like 4 otts then for some reason it collides even though I have been moving my pretty fast and that didn't help much.  I think it's because my left is just pushing the diabolo across instead of up and over.  

Any advice on pushing the diabolo up?

Josh

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2006, 11:54:15 am »
i had some lucky goes when i tried 3d for the first times but now it seems to become harder and harder :(
i have spend the last 2 weeks with intesive 3d wrapstart training - i think i can unwrap it now with the right timing nearly every try. one problem is, of course the shuffle but to get there is too hard because when i wrap the 3rd often the 2 others are going out of line - and i dont know exactly how to correct this with the sticks in one hand(sticks in v shape)
for me it works better to hold the sticktips close together but the diabs have to be very fast this way!

can you correct the line of the two spinning diabs when wrapping the 3rd or are you just so carefull that the diabs stay in line?

and how important is to push the diabs with the right hand when they land on the right string (like in 2d shuffle)? can you shuffle 3d with the left hand without moving the right when you ignore the spinloss?
Edit:oh, busk already anwered this question! :roll:

i know i have to train it more but im not sure if i do everything right and if there is a way to make learnig more effective!

thanks...

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Martijn

« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2006, 11:59:39 am »
Yeah, it's a long long way, which needs hard work! I'm currently sticking to 20 minutes a day, which seems to work fine for me. I don't know about the alignment problems, but my guess is that you should try to get a nice 2 in one handed shuffle, with nicely aligned diabolos. This works for me...

Quote from: OLOBAID
and how important is to push the diabs with the right hand when they land on the right string (like in 2d shuffle)? can you shuffle 3d with the left hand without moving the right when you ignore the spinloss?

I think that in the beginning, to learn the shuffle motion, you should concentrate mainly on your lefthand which lifts the diabolos a bit up and to the right. You also have to focus on your catching hand (righthand). The pushing down motion with your right will come automatically I think. At least, that's what I understood from this topic. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

(EDIT: wow, that was a nice way to use my 1000th post! :D)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2006, 12:04:37 pm »
wow, this answer came fast, thank you Martijn - i will try this now! :D

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2006, 05:53:19 pm »
has anyone got any tips on correcting 3d's in syn
zack turner

sander p

« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2006, 07:00:59 pm »
i can do corrections but only on one side. just try to slow down your shuffle a little bit and then hit te cup one the place you want. Its a lot of practise but it is worth because its verry handy :D

Arjan

« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2006, 07:35:28 pm »
I find corrections on the far cup very very hard. Okay, I don`t have a synch like shuffle, but still...

sander p

« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2006, 08:19:05 pm »
yeah thats my problem too.

Arjan

« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2006, 09:04:54 pm »
The allignment just gets messed up when trying to correct the far cup. I`ve heard and read that people hold their stick vertical to correct. I`m gonna work on that very soon.

Scooby

« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2006, 04:05:40 pm »
the only way i can get the shuffle started is from a trapeze throw.

does it help to raise the left hand when doing the wrap start.

i can almost do the wrap start, but there is one main thing that i am not getting, so every warp start attempt i am failing.  is it somthing to do with the timing?

Can anyone help me?

is there one main thing you have to think about when doing the wrap start?

(i have read through this thread a dozen times,  sorry)
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2006, 04:50:37 pm »
ALright, some tips in the synch shuffle correction(seems like all I can do with 3d low  :cry: ).

-you want to be quick and precise
-when you go to correct, try not to make a big movement or else the whole synch pattern seems to collapse
-try to let the diabolo and position that needs to be hit come a little more towards the correcting hand(right) than it normally does so you dont have to move your hand as much
-when you go to correct, use the left hand to stabalize the pattern more(i would practice trying to have a synch pattern where you highly stress only the left hand while the right hand is doing nothing but just catching. then after the correction is done try to go to the normal way of synch shuffling)
-correcting 3 is like correcting 2 in terms of where the diabolo needs to be tapped
-PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!

well, thats all the things i know about fixing tilted diabolos in 3d synch. Correct me if I am wrong on anything.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2006, 03:38:15 am »
to Scooby:
i can almost do the wrap start, but there is one main thing that i am not getting, so every warp start attempt i am failing. is it somthing to do with the timing?

if you have the diabology dvd it has a good tutorial section on 3d wrap starts... and sugests when to unwrap...
Diaboloing is finaly in... Yay!
my videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

Scooby

« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2006, 07:25:13 am »
i have the dvd, but i think i would learn better if it was more explained to me.

if there is somewhere that describes it better, please, please link me :D

OR if you have no life and spend your time on  .Ca  constantly refreshing waiting for new posts,  write me a tutorial. 8)

Martijn

« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2006, 09:40:41 am »
Here's a little video of Arjan's 3d wrapstart: www.circusplanet.net/diabolo/video/3d/low_wrapstart.mpg

HTH...
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2006, 10:09:48 am »
Scooby with the wrap start i count 1,2 and then undo the wrap and this seems to work for the timing every time , might be diffrent for you but you never know hope this helps
zack turner

Scooby

« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2006, 11:15:25 am »
1, 2 unwrapp

or

1 , unwrapp    

??

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2006, 12:13:51 pm »
You have to work it out for yourself.  Really.  Advice can give you things to think about while you're doing that, but just can not tell you how to do it.

The wrap start is pretty solid for me, and I still have no idea what the timing is.  I just get two going fast enough for the 2 in 1 hand shuffle to run without drive, wrap the third diabolo in, give it just enough spin for it to drop rather than turn the wrong way, unwrap it, and pop one from the left a little.

I make adjustments in the length of time the third diabolo spins before I unwrap it and in the size of the pop from the left.  Perhaps that's why I don't know about the timing - trying to spot a point to base the timing on seemed unreliable to me, and the method I use seems to allow me to seperate the diabolos and put spin on them all.

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2006, 06:48:32 pm »
Scooby said
1, 2 unwrapp

or

1 , unwrapp

1,2 unwrap
zack turner

DiaboloFeeling

« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2007, 04:09:05 am »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Its so hard doing love on a diabolo...on a diabolo...