Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 197622 times)

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2005, 01:23:55 pm »
Matt, I've been having a similar problem trying to make the pattern bigger; instead of being a circle though (or an oval like baptiste's) it just gets wide and short, and the diabolos sometimes go to far.

I've found if you just start to go faster with your left hand, the diabolo's will go at a much higher angle, and give you a more manageable pattern (this also lets you do 42, although I'm still a long, long ways from that).

-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

staticjuggler

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2005, 03:34:33 pm »
Ok, so I have equalled my 4 over the top record a few times now.

I can do the wrap start about 4/5 times now. The problem for continuing the shuffle is one of the diabolos jumps forward when I unwrap, I don't know if it's the wrapped one or one of the other 2. But it goes far forward, and I can't reach out forward with my right hand to catch it on the string because then the rest of the shuffle messes up.

Any tips on getting all the diabolos to just come up and down,  instead of forward?

Thanks

Static
www.staticjuggler.com

How mad would a wood chuck get if a big neon pink Koala bear named Ishtar ran into the woods and chucked all the wood before the woodchuck could chuck the wood?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2005, 03:44:05 pm »
Quote from: staticjuggler
The problem for continuing the shuffle is one of the diabolos jumps forward when I unwrap

For me that was a big problem with the diabolo that pops up off the string when you unwrap. It can be because of your right hand motion, the left hand motion, or a combination.

It still happens to me from time to time. I think of lifting my left hand stick towards my head to solve it. In other words, over correct by trying to aim your left hand towards your head instead of straight up. That usually solves it for me.

The other thing that can help is bringing the pattern in closer to your body. I find that if I start far out from my body the diabolos tend to pop away from me. Try starting right over it looking straight down on the pattern and aiming  your left hand towards your head. See if that helps.

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2005, 12:48:17 pm »
well here is my 3low synchrone shuffle for the moment !! it can be larger but i was tired :D
http://leskk.free.fr/jongle/3low2.wmv
with this shuffle i can do sun and wraping without any problem (i mean without thinking that's it's impossible in synchrone shuffle lol :)  )but in synchrone style!!
and after thinking about it !! i love the synchrone shuffle : more easy for concentration more easy to keep it clean :) more easy  for me lol!! i'll try to film a swich in synchrone -> assynchrone  -> synchrone shuffle as soon as possible and of course my sun and my wraping in synchrone style : like Ryo yabe :)

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2005, 01:08:19 pm »
Quote from: Tahia
try to film a swich in synchrone -> assynchrone  -> synchrone shuffle as soon as possible  and of course my sun and my wraping in synchrone style : like Ryo yabe

whoa tahia! - year and a month with diabolo and you have nice low 3d with some tricks! ( like ryo yabe   :) )

some kind of world record i believe.. you got a talent or you practise far too much.. or maybe both..   :D  keep going, man..

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2005, 01:21:27 pm »
i've begun with 6hour per day during 2 weeks to have my little 2 diabolos Shuffle :)!! and after some week i use  to juggle 3h per day appromatively now 6 hours is rarley but sure i spend a lot of time with my diabolo :) i'm very patient and persereving !! i can spend all an afternoon to have a trick lol!
so it's just working ;)
talent a little? :oops:

diabololi

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2005, 02:22:28 pm »
I used to spend CRAZY ammounts of time diaboloing. Thats when the new tricks wee coming in fast. Now the only trick i can really work on is the fan, so I only do about 1 hr per day.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2005, 12:55:11 am »
I think I've got a similar thing goin on as tahia, just an intense, bordering on OCD tendency to persevere on things i'm interested in, and have only gotten sick of diabolo I think once. For example, today, I basically diaboloed (3 low) for an entire snowday. once I'm done posting, I'm gonna go back, and continue to work on it. midday, I even had about an hour where I simply couldn't wrap start. It's back now, but it was pretty fricken frustrating. I just love what I do.
-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2005, 01:54:58 am »
had a snowday today (and one tomorrow! :D ), and worked on 3 low a lot (like alot alot). been workin on synch and asynch, from what I've heard, asynch is much better for siteswaps and other tricks, and synch has a much higher spin rate (although as ryo yabe has shown, it aint to shabby for tricks either). Figured it'd be nice to be able to speed 'em up before working tricks in asynch (longterm). Here's what I figured out:

asynchronous: I've heard a lot of people say if they lift too hard with their left (like fred and everybody else says to), the diabolo leaves the patterr. What I found is that if you drive much less with your right hand (kind of like what ryo yabe does with his left hand), the diabolos go nearly straight up, and it forms a circle or oval (like baptiste). going from synch to asynch, if you immediately use your right hand less, and pull harder with your left hand, you can change immediately.

synchronous: I was using mostly my right hand (ryo/tony style), and after about 10 or 12 over the top, it'd usually start to change, and then try to go into orbitors. I found this hapopens from your hand slowing down too much, and not keeping up with the diabolos. If I focused on driving each diabolo, not just the overall motion, it lasted longer. going from asynch to synch I stopped using my left hand at all, and started driving hard with my right hand, and was able to switch quickly. trying to do a wrap, I failed miserably the first few times, watched norbi's ryo yabe video, and saw that he doesn't drive at all the diabolo before he wraps, just moves his hand over to wrap the diabolo just a short time after it's left the string.

I'm sure most of that's already been said, just felt like helping out. :D

-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2005, 08:39:10 am »
well for me (i'm synchroner) i can do assynchrone shuffle for a little moment just to try siteswap tricks in low but it's hard cause it's the begining for those kind of tricks for me ! but now i've noticed that i can do a larger shuffle in a mixed synchrone-assynchrone shuffle (what i call bisynchrone style :) ) i'll film that today , but perhaps it is just a synchrone shuffle but a real large , i don't realy know ,
and like ryo yabe i can do sun and the same wraping in synchrone shuffle!! not with the same ratio for the moment but i can  :wink: and i use the two hand but not with the same force!!! i can use just the left hand but it become assynchrone and i can use just the right and but my shuffle has to be already large to keep the shuffle clean !
and i don't have to thinking of what i'm doing cause the synchrone shuffle is realy easy ( i think... easy mean: when you can do 3low... :P  ) to keep!!! and i can do it without seeing it like watching Tv :D!!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2005, 04:50:13 am »
There's an interesting discussion over here on Jongle.net about the differences between synchronous and asynchronous 3 diabolo shuffles.

It's been mentioned that:
-whether a pattern is synch or asynch does not indicate that it will be large or small although usually a synch pattern is smaller than an asynch pattern
-the degree to which the diabolos speed up has mostly to do with the force that the right hand (for righties) drives the diabolos
-learning to change the shape of the pattern: synch, asynch, large, small, more left hand, more right hand... is important to learning a stable pattern
-someone (:roll:) posted a small video of some footage he had lying around on his computer from a while ago of him playing with the shape of his 3 diabolos shuffle... not his best, but if you're interested it's here:

http://diabolo.ca/video/temp/sean_3d_some_shapes.mpg (1.9mb)

Sean

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2005, 04:20:44 pm »
Ok... I´ve made some process in my 3d shuffle

http://www.kolumbus.fi/diabolo/3dlow.mpg

That´s what I did yesterday, to day I got 15 over top (5 rounds).

Sorry about the bad quality, I messed up with editing, and I don´t have time to do that again rigth now. I´ll do new vids about my progress when I´ve made some process more. (also sorry ´bout bad english)

busk

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2005, 08:21:11 am »
Elmeri i hate you! argh...i'm triyng three diabolos from august, and i'm very far to a great 3d level....

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2005, 10:52:22 am »
Elmeri

It looks to me like you have the same problem I had while trying to learn async. The start is good but when you get the shuffle going one d always leaves the string on the front right side. It sounds like you're about to get it sorted anyway (15 ott is pretty good going) but for what its worth try this:

The idea is to practice the 3d motion with 2d.

With 2d practice throwing 1d higher, about head high, but try higher and lower too.Many people find this hard enough.

With 1d in the air (head high), Raise your right stick and lower the left, wait for the high d to land.

As the high d lands, not before, push it down and left while, as part of the same movement, lift the lower d into a head high throw. You will be surprised at how bad you are at this. :twisted:

Repeat the above, each throw to head high, then wait for it to land.

When this works well start moving the pattern around so you can do it high or low, to your left or right, big or small.

This is a little difficult to expain fully (video would be better, but no camera :cry: ). This method is VERY useful so practice about 30 mins a day then go on to 3d. When you do 3d the movement is the same but as Fred said you must concentrate on lowering the left hand(and raising the right) quickly.
 When I discovered this exercise (2 months into 3d practice) I got my first "proper" runs, at Chocfest, only days later and performed it (sketchily) a week after that.
Good luck and stick with it :D

busk

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2005, 11:18:06 am »
this is the best filmed try of today  :roll: http://busk.altervista.org/tricks/3diablow1.mpg

normally i do better than this, but filmed is more difficult! :shock: , i will film a better try soon... :)

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2005, 02:38:02 pm »
Yup... It´s way more difficult... Today I got 12ott quite low shuffle (drop 30cm from my vid high. But it´ll (I hope) be solid/good at least next summer.

Busk, try to use more your left hand. That helped me A LOT.

busk

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2005, 04:51:32 pm »
today before film that video i did 3 solid turn in sinch shuffle...when i try asinch shuffle i am in difficult in the start, but sometime i can start well, and i do 3/4 turn asinch, but rarely...

Alex

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2005, 12:58:28 am »
Hey guys, I just started working on 3 diabolos.  In my many attempts, a few times a strange pattern came up sometimes.  One diabolo sat in the middle of the string, bouncing up and down, while the other two circled around it.  I have no idea how it happens, but it actually looks pretty cool.  Has anyone heard of this before?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2005, 10:56:03 am »
Yes, its called the orbiter, most people accidently do this whilst learning, unfortunately no-one has the ability to do it on request, and no-one has filemd it. Would you mind setting up a camera and just trying 3 for a while until u run orbiter a bit, then post it here.

Good luck with everything, keep it up.

Alex

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2005, 07:20:07 am »
Haha, I'll see what I can do, but don't get your hopes up.  It's only happened a few times, and of course, accidentally those times.

Still, it might be enough for trick of the week.   :lol: