Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 171069 times)

rednas

Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2006, 07:32:35 pm »
i can do a 3d shuffle about 20 catches but it is sync, someone said that if you hava a sync shuffle tricks al a lot harder so do i have to change to a sync shuffle or just leave it like this.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2006, 08:46:34 pm »
yeah pete, I always rewatch videos and sometimes for the convention ones I look in the background and see whats going on like in one of the 05 ypres vids you can see tijn trying 3 but wrapping the third diab with his left hand :D  Anyways, I'll go back to trying it.  Thanks

Martijn

« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2006, 09:12:47 pm »
Quote from: J_J777
I always rewatch videos and sometimes for the convention ones I look in the background and see whats going on like in one of the 05 ypres vids you can see tijn trying 3 but wrapping the third diab with his left hand

Yeah, that's just the way I do it. It's how I learned to start 2 diabolos, so I started the 3d wrapstart that way as well. It does work sometimes, but I don't put enough time in it... The lefthanded shuffle 3d wrapstart sucks big time for me, so I'll just stick with my righthanded shuffle start :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

JyNo

« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2006, 03:55:18 am »
I have two questions, first, probably becouse I am new at this juggling stuff but I dont understand the difference between a synch and an asynch shuffle!! I imagine it has something to do with moving both hands at the same time or at different time, but honestly.....I have no idea!!!
Also, I never leart how to wrap start two diabs, I leartn rocket start first then throw start, nowadays I can do it, but its ugly and I've never liked it, so imagine when I try 3 diabolos wrap start, once I get the diabolo out of the wrap at proper timing i can get a few cicles, but getting the diabolo unwraped is driving me crazy!, so my second question, Is there another easy way to start 3 diabs? (and by easy I mean easier than wrap start!) I've tried throw start but getting the timing right is harder than unwraping lol, so really what I'm asking is, has everybody lernt wrapstart beafore any other start?

seán_

« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2006, 04:16:19 am »
Quote from: JyNo
I have two questions, first, probably becouse I am new at this juggling stuff but I dont understand the difference between a synch and an asynch shuffle!! I imagine it has something to do with moving both hands at the same time or at different time, but honestly.....I have no idea!!!

synch both hands at the same time, fast and wide pattern, asynch hands move alternately, slower taller pattern.

Quote from: JyNo
Also, I never leart how to wrap start two diabs,... Is there another easy way to start 3 diabs? (and by easy I mean easier than wrap start!) I've tried throw start but getting the timing right is harder than unwraping lol, so really what I'm asking is, has everybody lernt wrapstart beafore any other start?

Most people seem to learn with a wrap start, not all however.
Barnesy and Arnie both learned 3low using a trapeze/stopover and throw start.
here's a great tutorial  of thaat start, that explains it.
floor starts are possible too but i believe that most people find these tricky due to lack of speed. You can also lower from three high I think this was the way Tony Freebourg learnt 3 low..
Good luck

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2006, 10:49:35 am »
Just an update on my progress and findings with the different starts:

I think the stopover start made all the difference for me when I was starting with three, but I probably stayed with it for too long.  I just couldn't get the wrap start to work, but could get three to run from a stopover start, so it was simple - the wrap start didn't get much attention.  It never worked, so I pushed on with the start that gave less resistance to my progress.

But (as several people have already said), the stopover start doesn't get much spin on the third diabolo.  The shuffle could run well if I managed to add spin to the diabolo quickly and if the throw in was perfectly straight, but that's quite a lot to ask, so success with it would come and go.

Recently, I've joined the local sports centre, so have had a better chance to practice in a good space, something I'd been without for over a year.  That and the fact that the wrap start had started to seem like it was close to working made me decide to take the leap by taking the tape off my sticks and only use the wrap start (I was using a bit of heavy tape on my Henry's aluminium sticks as a cheat to hold the stopover in the right place).   It's still not solid, but it's improving fast and seems to give me good runs within a few attempts.

The wrap start has only been working for me for a few weeks, but has already produced the best runs I've had in the year or so I've been putting a lot of time into three low.  But I think I needed to learn how to run three before I could learn the wrap start!  

My shuffle is very asynch and quite slow at the moment by the way.  Sometimes I can change between synch and asynch, but I don't have much understanding of the 'how' aspect of that!  I try not to put too much of it into words - I'm just hoping my brain and my arms will work it out!

Dave

sander p

« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2006, 01:34:00 pm »
i had 41 catches today so i think i am almost there, but my shuffle doesn't look nice do you have to practise a lot to get a better patern or is it just a different movement

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2006, 02:10:53 pm »
i have 2 G2wideaxle and 2 G2wideaxle with evo4!
im new to 3d -
do you think it is possible to do 3d with different weighted diabolos?
maybe someone who mastered 3d could try because if it is just impossible im just wasting my time trying!
thank you very!

and: after unwrapping the third one, when should i start with the shuffle motion, when the first, the second or the third diab is touching the string?
thank you more! :D

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2006, 03:05:42 pm »
Quote from: OLOBAID
do you think it is possible to do 3d with different weighted diabolos?
maybe someone who mastered 3d could try because if it is just impossible im just wasting my time trying!
thank you very!

Yes it's possible, you will however be wasting an astonishing amount of time if you bother trying!

and: after unwrapping the third one, when should i start with the shuffle motion, when the first, the second or the third diab is touching the string?
thank you more! :D

The second, or perhaps the first, but not the third :?

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2006, 12:47:16 am »
I recieved some good advice and when I manage this good piece of advice I usually get a pretty good run.

Think of the unwrap of the diabolo as a first push and start right into the shuffle so start the shuffle on the unwrap.

Thanks Jacob
Josh

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2006, 12:12:52 am »
this was a really good advice - thanks J_J777!
when i manage to unwrap at the right time i can shuffle 1 or 2 rounds(its only the 2nd day i spend on 3d)! :D  :D

something strange but very cool happend when i unwrapped at wrong time, unfortunatly only once till yet!
1 diabolo of the 2 which are running in the normal 2dshuffle stopped its circular motion when i unwrapped the 3rd - so it remained in the center while the 2 others where spinning around as you know it from 2d!
funny, it was the longest run i had with 3(5or6 full rounds)
im curios if someone else had this and if this is possible with intention?

i hope you can understand what i mean cause my english is not so good!

p.s: i removed the evol4 from my 3rd. Dave P is right, it is just to hard to learn with different weighted diabs!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

seán_

« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2006, 01:21:20 am »
Quote from: OLOBAID

1 diabolo of the 2 which are running in the normal 2dshuffle stopped its circular motion when i unwrapped the 3rd - so it remained in the center while the 2 others where spinning around as you know it from 2d!
funny, it was the longest run i had with 3(5or6 full rounds)
im curios if someone else had this and if this is possible with intention?
!

Its called an orbiter (orbitor?) you'll see it again. I dont think anybody has (or wants to) get it on purpose after they have 3low down but I'm willing to be told otherwise :)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #232 on: April 01, 2006, 05:54:11 pm »
i would very much like to carry an orbitor but its just  too unpredictable. I keep to doing it by accident  when doing 42's but other than that it never happens to me on the start. It would be nice but, to be honest i dont think orbitor is worth the effort.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #233 on: April 01, 2006, 08:48:15 pm »
my orbitors are pissing me off...  it's telling me, "haha! you can't move your hands fast enough, I'll be annoying you for another 6 months..."  I'm not really making to much progress.  I am going to try a little more now...

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #234 on: April 01, 2006, 09:06:33 pm »
For me my shuffel is saying "haha you have the coordination of a dead Panda," Then I go back and work on 1/2D
Behind your back is your front.

Scooby

« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2006, 11:37:13 am »
Would i be right in saying that pretty much everyone who can do 3d has had some connection to the MFP?

it just seems like TMFP have the 3d secret locked up in a secret box with a secret password that they secretly know...

:lol:
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2006, 11:48:12 am »
Nope, there are loads of people who can do three these days, who have had nothing to do with TMFP.  

But then TMFP have done a lot to inspire and influence a lot of diabolists.  The first time I saw Baptiste in 'Two loose in Toulouse' was almost certainly the moment I decided that actually, yes, I did want to learn 3 low.

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2006, 12:44:11 pm »
ahhhh so thats where the asynch influence came from ....busted!

Martijn

« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2006, 12:53:15 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
The first time I saw Baptiste in 'Two loose in Toulouse' was almost certainly the moment I decided that actually, yes, I did want to learn 3 low.

I was more like: 'dude!' but I was a real newb back then :P

More ontopic, I have this feeling that I can run 3 diabs this summer, so I picked them up again, and I'm going to try to work on it every day for about 20 minutes (more if my progress is good enough). I have always tried it from a righthanded shuffle wrapstart (from there I'm going into asynch), and that does work, but the start is so hard to time. I just unwrap and don't pay attention to the timing of that. I think I'm going to spend a little more time on that, because the shuffling itself isn't that hard after a nicely timed wrapstart, is it?

I also tried to start from a lefthanded shuffle wrapstart today, and I am going directly into a synchronous Trash shuffle from there, and that felt really nice! (the one time I got the wrapstart timed nicely), so I'm going to work on both I think, and see what's going to work best for me.

I really want to do this! It has been my dream since I saw it was possible. It is my only real goal in diabolo, to run 3 low. Wish me luck!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2006, 01:15:51 pm »
I don't know much about the timing.  I don't even know if I'm doing it by feel from the shuffle or if I'm just using experience.  Maybe that's the same thing!  :)  I just seem to know when to spin the third diabolo and when to unwrap it.  Or if I get the timing wrong, I add a very slight pause between the spin and the unwrap next time, and that seems to make it work.  The difference is very slight though.  I think you can only get three to work by keeping as many variables as you can constant.  You need to get to a stage where you can change a single variable to see if it helps.

When the wrap start goes wrong for me now, I think it's mostly to do with the unwrap motion but also to do with stupid mistakes, which are getting less frequent, but are still there.  For me, the unwrap needs to be a smooth downwards motion with no 'whip' and very little sidewards movement.  If my left hand is doing anything at all, I think it's just moving smoothly out to the left at the same time as my right hand is moving downwards.  I've had the start work from a harder unwrap motion, but it works best from a relaxed smooth movement.

Edit - Oh of course - Good luck, Tijn!  20 minutes a day sounds like a great plan.