Author Topic: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)  (Read 189853 times)

albertalsacien

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 diabolo shuffle: help! (wrap start & asynch shuffle)
« Reply #560 on: November 19, 2009, 06:20:54 pm »
So, I've been practicing 3 diabolos and i got to a point where i have the good pattern but my diabolos don't stay in a line (they are going in front of the string then back and i make the suffle hard to keep). Have you got any tips about that?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #561 on: November 19, 2009, 09:43:20 pm »
how many OTTs can you get? Try lowering the shuffle maybe? With a bit more practice it should sort itself out.

jobdiab

« Reply #562 on: November 20, 2009, 03:04:18 pm »
Today i've filmed some 3 diabolos attempts.
Tips?Help?i'm training hard for it!

keep your sticks wider and maybe try an hoover start, then the 3rd easier to control

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: November 20, 2009, 03:12:32 pm »
maybe try an hoover start

What good is a vacuum going to do for diabolo?

(couldn't resist, sorry. I know what you meant).

GuiZ: your hands need to be wider and your left hand has to lift. Not much else to say other than "read this thread."

Mark

« Reply #564 on: November 21, 2009, 09:05:58 am »
A video of me just using my left hand...
HELP PLEASE

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #565 on: November 21, 2009, 09:52:01 am »
Open up you arms and more upwards movement in your left-hand throws. That will give you a more wide shuffle and possibly make you able to continue it much more.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #566 on: November 21, 2009, 12:47:56 pm »
@Mark
Not much else to say other than "read this thread."

I managed to learn 3d from reading the advice on this thread, so I know there is good advice. It will help you get your shuffle working. So rather than screaming "help me", take some time to think about what the problems are, read the advice in this thread, and practice. It's just the hard work you put into it.

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #567 on: November 21, 2009, 01:01:13 pm »
Mark ive told you what your doing wrong over and over for the last like year lol Nothings changed here from the last time i saw it. Just keep in mind what ive told you and as duncan said read this thread. All the advice ive given has come directly from here.

albertalsacien

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #568 on: November 22, 2009, 12:13:15 pm »
Thanks Ben I tried to lower my shuffle and i got 51 OTT yesterday.

-Felix-

« Reply #569 on: December 05, 2009, 04:05:45 pm »
Hey guys,
at the moment I practise 3d very often. This is how it actually works for me.
I would be happy about some tips how to hold the shuffle longer:

Thx, Felix.
Check out my my YouTube channel please, tutorials for diabolotutorials.de.vu:  http://www.youtube.com/user/theinstinktives

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #570 on: December 05, 2009, 10:38:55 pm »
that's not bad felix. at least the shuffle is exploding rather than collapsing so you've got the right idea.
i think you just need to tone the movements down a bit. i'm not sure though...anyone else?
Sideways is rubbish

Toddyupa

« Reply #571 on: December 06, 2009, 06:12:51 am »
I have a rather odd situation:

Juggling.tv - Suns, not Shuffles!

???
pretentious 12 year old

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #572 on: December 06, 2009, 11:11:17 am »
Will do both (:

Nice suns, but to me it seems like your hover collapses after a bit :-| for the shuffle i suggest doing those suns everytime you want to enter a shuffle as it opens up the shuffle. I think you should just keep practicing a shuffle after the sun and keep it up for as long as possible.

but thats just my opinion and i cant play 3d myself.

-Tipper

Wis

« Reply #573 on: December 06, 2009, 11:15:23 am »
Well, I'm not diabolo Dodson, or any 3D expert but i will try to help
@Programload: i think you're pretty close to get it (that means between 1 or 3 months), I think you have a good control of the whole situation. For me learning 3 diabolos was kind of loop: focus on left hand, focus on right hand, focus in the whole system, focus on left hand...
You movements are quite smooth, right now if i were you. I would focus on the left hand, to make every diabolo jump in the same point, without caring about where it is going to fall, and then when you will control this, try to focus in how far are you throwing each diabolo. the first part i think is related mostly to left hand motion, but second one is quite related to right hand, if you push harder, the diabolo will jump farther...
For me it helped a lot to leave my right hand like death, just compensate the move that diabolo forces you to make when it falls over the string...
@Toddyupa: I think your hover is almost perfect. About the suns problem, we had the same situation with a guy in the Spanish forum, and someone else admitted that he could do the same. So it seems that a really difficult part about doing 3D suns is finding the right timing (for me it was like this) to start the very complex move (or trick, xD) from the shuffle. but at least you have a really good end for the sun, that is waiting for the right moment to restart the shuffle keeping the string tensed.
About he shuffle... i think you need to work on it more, it is just too messy. I would suggest you to use sync shuffle if you feel comfortable with this arm position, or to open your arms wider if you want to insist on async shuffle, and everything i said above might be useful

The more important is to be patient, it will happen sooner or later
Good luck!!!

PS: perhaps Tipper is right about the hover, i can't do it yet
I also suggest to Hamish not to speak about Hamish as if Hamish were Julius Caesar, i mean in the third person, :P
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

-Felix-

« Reply #574 on: December 06, 2009, 11:33:44 am »
Thanks for taking time to write that long text. I wil try all you said, end test if it helps. And maybe make another Video soon...!
Check out my my YouTube channel please, tutorials for diabolotutorials.de.vu:  http://www.youtube.com/user/theinstinktives

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #575 on: December 06, 2009, 11:54:45 am »
Its not really unusual to be landing suns before you can shuffle, alot of people i know have done that. I landed vortex before i could shuffle lol.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #576 on: December 06, 2009, 12:32:48 pm »
I landed vortex before i could shuffle lol.

EPIC xD

Toddyupa

« Reply #577 on: December 07, 2009, 04:54:50 am »
for the shuffle i suggest doing those suns everytime you want to enter a shuffle as it opens up the shuffle.
That's what I found too. Now I normally enter via suns instead of just doing  hover.
I also suggest to Hamish not to speak about Hamish as if Hamish were Julius Caesar, i mean in the third person, :P
I was actually going for the affect that it was as if someone else was editing it, but now looking back at it I know what you mean. :-D At least it wasn't second person...: You can do 3D suns!...   ...But seriousley you would like you to... ??? ?!!
pretentious 12 year old

Wis

« Reply #578 on: December 07, 2009, 11:20:37 am »
Well. I have proofs, xD http://www.megaupload.com/?d=752MP9NM   http://www.megavideo.com/?d=752MP9NM

These 2 suns in a row i landed them being incredibly lucky. But after one month and some advices i could manage to get them quite solid. I could land like 3 of each 5 attemps.

After this i got injured my left wrist and i haven't played since 1 month. So i suppose i'll be back to the video level (i hope not worse).
So right now I can't do 3D suns, 2D suns, or 1D suns either. That's why I'm so bored and I wrote that huge text to try to help someone.
Good luck!
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

m1ck

« Reply #579 on: December 08, 2009, 01:15:38 pm »
i can do sun, double sun, sun to double armstall and almost fts 3-2-3 but no shuffle :D