Author Topic: Birmingham Ball Ring Convention  (Read 3458 times)

David LH

Birmingham Ball Ring Convention
« on: February 13, 2005, 10:40:37 pm »
hey guys

anyone going to be at the ball ring this saturday??

i will be there, hope we can get a diabolo workshop going.

also if anyone is interested in superspins i will have mine along that people could try, i might even bring some to sell as well  :D

laters

David
So thats how you do three diabolos!

seán_

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:43:07 pm »
Might be if I can score a lift. bring some fixed axle if you can as well.

P.s. did my email not get through to you?

Edit: http://purplemermaid.net/ballring2005.php for info purposes

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 12:10:28 am »
I'll be there, provided I've got over the nasty dose of Scotch Death I picked up in Glasgow by then.

seán_

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 08:38:25 pm »
Looking pretty definate that I'm going now.

Steve Arnold is down to perform diabolo in the show. I've enjoyed seeing him perform before.

All the recent conventions I have been to have been great for diabolo, so if your in striking distance I'd suggest popping along.

David LH

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 10:49:30 am »
great day at the ball ring. it was nice to meet people and put faces to names. well done steve arnold for an excellent bit of diaboloing in the public show. also to sean for that anti suicide in the renegade!!!!

hehe and to me for falling off the stage :oops:

see ya

david
So thats how you do three diabolos!

seán_

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 04:45:04 pm »
Quote from: David LH
great day at the ball ring. it was nice to meet people and put faces to names. well done steve arnold for an excellent bit of diaboloing in the public show. also to sean for that anti suicide in the renegade!!!!

I really enjoyed the day, It was nice to meet you and the other diaboloists. Steve Arnold was great, diabolo riverdance, an unusual concept.
Norbi was on good form and did his ring routine that went down really well, Luke Burages juggling was very impressive and his 2 high/low pirouettes were looking really polished. Barnesy took his case of scotch death flu on tour, it takes a lot to keep him away from a convention.

I was well chuffed pulling that anti suicide, it's a fairly hit or miss trick for me. Somebody told me later I had a big look of suprise on my face  :o

Quote from: David LH

hehe and to me for falling off the stage :oops:

There are some bits of diabology you don't really want to emulate ;).

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 12:38:09 am »
Quote from: seán_

I really enjoyed the day, It was nice to meet you and the other diaboloists. Steve Arnold was great, diabolo riverdance, an unusual concept.
Norbi was on good form and did his ring routine that went down really well, Luke Burages juggling was very impressive and his 2 high/low pirouettes were looking really polished. Barnesy took his case of scotch death flu on tour, it takes a lot to keep him away from a convention.

I was well chuffed pulling that anti suicide, it's a fairly hit or miss trick for me. Somebody told me later I had a big look of suprise on my face  :o

I also had a good day, even though I was up early and got to bed late. During the day I drank tea a lot but got quite a bit of juggling in there too. I tried out Sean's wide-axel-extra-weight-finesse diabolos and really liked them. I think I'll invest in a set of 2 or 3 of them some time soon, but G2 of course. Maybe at the Dutch Juggling Championships this weekend, if they are selling that kind of thing.

The show was a good fun. For some reason they insisted on doing the renegade show, even though they had no acts lined up, so by the end of the pro show the audience had been sitting on their arses for over two hours, and seating wasn't provided. Some of this is my fault, of course, for doing a 20 minute act (with three finales), filled with only 10 minutes worth of juggling. But hey, I had been told to fill time.  It felt a bit wierd in places... I got 16 catches of 8 balls on the first attempt (something I have never tried on stage before ever) but me "safe and easy" finishing trick, the 6 club flash, took about 6 or 7 attempt, even though I've been performing that for over a year and nail it first time on stage 95% of the time. I don't feel too bad though, as everyone else dropped more than enough, and all the performers had to have their props handed back to them once they had fallen off the front of the stage.

I didn't stick about for the balti afterwards because I wasn't feeling well and I had a lift offer back up north. I'm still a bit ill... and if were predicting my next Poo Play™ score I'd write down  "Runny Straight Floating Five-Piece Eight-Wipe" and get five bonus points for a "full play".

Sorry... a bit too much information.
Luke

Arjan

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 11:58:33 am »
Luke,

I don`t think they will not sell anything on the Dutch Comp.
And even if they do... I don`t think they will have the G2`s.
Kewl you`re going btw!