Author Topic: Wide axeled Finnesses  (Read 12837 times)

Ladan

Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 01:47:34 am »
The darker grey colour isn't dirt or anything, it's just aluminum oxide.  The aluminum axel reacts with oxygen and creates a dull layer of aluminum oxide.  The middle is shiny because the string polishes it.

On the learning 2d note: it is definately harder to learn with finesse.  When I was just starting to learn I tried two finesse, and two others (possibly circus). I could start a little easier with the finesse, but it fell apart quickly. Using short axels didn't make much difference.
John

diabolo99049

Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 06:46:04 pm »
Hi~my name is Tzee Ye! :D

I m a chinese frm Malaysia. I hav juz buy 2 Mr.Babache Finesse G2 last month! I feel that some of the chinese tricks r harder 2 do because of the normal axles.(I use diabolos frm Taiwan b4) I would like 2 buy the wide axles but i dunno where can i buy it safety n cheap. Can someone pls intro me :?:

Thank you!

seán_

Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2005, 06:51:55 pm »
Hi Tzee Ye.

The shop that you got the diabolos from should be able to get the axles for you.

Other than that maybe look through http://www.jugglingdb.com/vendors/ for a shop in a country near you with a good exchange rate.
HTH
Sean_

Mithew

Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 12:00:35 pm »
i have to say finesse w/ a fingergrind extension rock.  i couldn't get my 2d shuffle when i used harlequins, but now i can do it a lot better.  also, i'm not sure if its just me but finesse w/ fingergrind extensions speed up faster for me.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 12:24:55 pm »
Mithew... Are you sure you didnt mean the complete opposite of what you just said?

James

Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 04:42:50 pm »
I like using wide axled finesses for two diabolo shuffle.  Only problem is I really can't do long sprinklers with them... does anyone else find the two diabolos in a sprinkler go out of line with wide axled finesses?
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Matt_

• Donator
Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 05:14:23 pm »
Quote from: norbi
Mithew... Are you sure you didnt mean the complete opposite of what you just said?

you mean about the Evo1 equipped G2s spin up faster? actually, i second that. i get a lot more "grip" on the string. more grip = more friction = spins up faster.

Mithew

Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 11:55:45 am »
Quote from: norbi

no, i meant exactly what i typed.  I used to use two harlequins, and could barely do a 2-d shuffle.  As soon as i got finesse (w/ fingergrinds), my shuffle got a lot better (but i'm not sure if the fingergrinds helped, or if it was just the finesse diabolos).
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Matt_

• Donator
Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 10:52:13 pm »
well in that case...i think norbi said that because most people learn 2D easier with heavier diabolos. basically, the general consensus is that harlequin > circus > finesse as far as ease of learning goes.

Mithew

Wide axeled Finnesses
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 02:14:48 am »
o, well, i guess i'm just weird.  I have found that my excalibur is a lot better with finesse w/ out fingergrinds, is excalibur easier or harder with heavier diabolos (like harlequins or circus)?