Author Topic: Fly or Finnesse...  (Read 10407 times)

jaigoda

Fly or Finnesse...
« on: October 15, 2007, 02:49:07 am »
Hey everyone, been a bit since I've posted..
Well, I kinda took a break from diaboloing, but I'm getting back into it again. I'm wanting to start trying 2 diabolos, but I only have a Finesse and a Beach. I've also been wanting to buy a Fly diabolo for a while now, but also a Finnese so I can try 2d. But I only have enough for one. So do you think I should buy the fly and work on 1d stuff for a while, or should I buy another Finesse to try 2d?

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Fly or Finnesse...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:40:51 am »
Sounds like a question only you can answer. What would you like to improve, 1d tricks or 2d? flip a coin.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:56:46 am »
Just try and have a go on all the different diabolos and see what you like as only you know what you'll like.
Bill.

jacky

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 07:37:38 am »
i think you should just take g2,then when you got money to buy another diabolo then you can buy fly..

Squiggle

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 08:10:01 am »
Well..How much do you like your finesse at the moment?

I'd get a fly, If you like that get another if not buy a finesse. 

Martijn

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:45:36 pm »
1 diabolo ftw!

I'd say get yourself a Sun with light washers :) But that's just me, it's all personal preference mate.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 02:17:00 pm »
O yeah, i had a question relating to flys and finesses. Are bearing diabolos any good for 2d?(Because i love them and personally hate my finesses - I have 2 finesses in basically mint condition, barely used G3's if anyones interested in buying)

jaigoda

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 02:54:22 pm »
I've actually tried someone else's Fly's, and based on the hour or so I tried 'em, I would say I prefer them over Finesses. But really, I'm not sure if I want to do 1d or 2d, and that's why I asked. I know I still got stuff to learn (and I'm having tons of fun with inf. suicides and genocides), but I'm afraid I'll run out of stuff (in my skill level) to do. I do really like my Finesse and all, but it just doesn't compare to the Fly. And also, I should ask the same question as legault: Are bearings good for 2d? cause I was planning the get a bearing fly, so...

Nahxela

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 11:58:58 pm »
It's really up to what you think you'd enjoy more.

I prefer 1D as I'm too lazy to constantly correct 2D and restart after I mess up :(
Plus 1D is more fun and easier to learn :D
2D is just a pain if nobody is around to teach you :(
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Squiggle

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:42:37 am »
Yeh, imo Bearing can be good for some 2d.   I don't like them for string control =[ Which sucks as thats my main 2d thing =[

Bearings = Less friction, More spin.  Just getting used to em.

(Only guessing flys are similar to other bearing diabolos in the feel of 2d.)

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 10:05:46 am »
oh mate, Flys are orgasmic! I don't play with them in bearing mode anymore, maybe later. 2d shuffle with bearings is really wierd, I'm not use to it. Go the suns like Martijn said, I'm getting some crystal suns soon, can't wait!

karl e dangerous

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 10:30:29 am »
1 diabolo ftw!

im sorry you correct my grammer but go and use abbriviations what does ftw mean?

and
but I'm afraid I'll run out of stuff (in my skill level)

what was your skill level when you began, inf suicides and genos i think not, you can always improve your skill level with practice and watching videos
sorry for my bad grammer

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 10:40:07 am »
im sorry you correct my grammer but go and use abbriviations

OMGKEK. Pwned.  :)

(Used that as an excuse to talk crap)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 11:08:22 am »
im sorry you correct my grammer but go and use abbriviations what does ftw mean?

For The Win

(post count exactly 1post/day :o)
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Bizzat1

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 02:20:34 pm »
not to bring it to the forums or anything but kek to me sounds like a world of warcraft term ::)... ( its ok i quit :P)

Martijn

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 03:23:14 pm »

If you must know, I used an abbreviation to emphasize the style of that sentence.

I can be quite certain when I say my posts are generally better written and proofread than yours, so don't try to be clever. I ignored looby's previous post trying to put the crime in my shoes , but it's getting annoying now. Just try to put some time in the things you post on here. Proofreading and punctuation is highly appreciated. Thanks.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Lily

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 03:40:47 pm »
A fine choice is just wait some weeks to buy both ;) or just buy a fly diabolo, as, i assume, u have already seen that a good skill on 1d is needed to go for 2d...
Bah, someone may buy a extinguisher for the "fires" on this topic too... (don't bite)
Diabolo in Athens is like the sea turtles: you can't say they are extinct, as there are a few left..

Nahxela

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 11:41:00 pm »
Feh. Flame wars are no fun and then the things that go along with it get overused and cliched (stupid flame shield quote)
And overused gaming acronyms D:
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 12:02:11 am »
Kek. Never played that silly game.
Jake told me what it meant.

Get over it.

Oh and although most would say fly over finesse. Personal preferance.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

willum89

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 03:25:41 am »
what about the sun? Only reason I ask is because it seemed like the fly and sun are about the same and the debate over which is better seemed to be inconclusive.....unless the debate was finished in some thread that didn't come up in the search for "fly sun". and "sundia sun"