Author Topic: Fly or Finnesse...  (Read 10403 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Fly or Finnesse...
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 04:22:52 am »
There is not much difference between the fly and the sun. The main difference is the sun has a rubbery material instead of plastic and is not bearing compatible if I call correctly.

So suss that out. If you don't want a bearing, go the sun.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Nahxela

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 12:18:50 am »
There is not much difference between the fly and the sun. The main difference is the sun has a rubbery material instead of plastic and is not bearing compatible if I call correctly.

So suss that out. If you don't want a bearing, go the sun.
And I believe the Suns are more durable in comparison to the Flys
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Bizzat1

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 11:30:02 am »
Hmm Ive got a friend with 2 Finesses and a henry circus, hes about to purchase 3 flys without even having seen 1 in real life :-\. crazy in my opinion but food for thought perhaps. I don't know what i prefer as I have never tried any Diabolo but Finesse and Circus. :)

Nahxela

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 12:13:57 am »
Hmm Ive got a friend with 2 Finesses and a henry circus, hes about to purchase 3 flys without even having seen 1 in real life :-\. crazy in my opinion but food for thought perhaps. I don't know what i prefer as I have never tried any Diabolo but Finesse and Circus. :)
Originally I hadn't tried any diabolo that I bought :D.
The only ones I have tried out prior to buying was a type of Sundia diabolo.
All my others I hadn't tried before (excluding my third finesse, which was in addition to two I had previously bought).

I've got about 8 different diabolos that I didn't experiment with :)
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 01:58:44 pm »
Why is no one fighting for the side of the finnesse, i have 3 pink g3s, had 2 yellow g2s, have 4 yohos, 3 tiabolos and 2 flys. The finnesse are the best by far, but the tiabolos are ok. I dont like my Flys, they are too easily chewed up (literally by some random dog) and dont feel anywhere near as nice as finnesse.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 02:19:36 pm »
Nobody is fighting for Finesse because everybody likes Flys.  ::) Obviously.
I dont like my Flys, they are too easily chewed up (literally by some random dog)

LOL. Owned.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 02:29:45 pm »
Why is no one fighting for the side of the finnesse
Because they suck imo, but I've never liked finesses, it's like playing with an anorexic diabolo, compared to wide axle flys anyway. The smart random dog must like flys more than finesses too :D

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 02:41:48 pm »
I think the fly and the finesse are at opposite ends of the spectrum. They will appeal to different styles. The finesse is all about lightness and stability at low speeds. The fly is a heavier diabolo that is very stable at higher speeds. Different strokes for different folks. Different diabolos for different styles.

As always, the circus is in the middle. Will we all eventually come back to the circus? You've got to admit, despite being the oldest design of the modern diabolos, they've got something good going for them. Quality never dies... well except for those hideous metal hubs. They die.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 03:03:26 pm »
Yeh old skool circus' are mad ;). I'd probably use mine more if they had different hubs (hubs are expensive). The metal is all lumpy and rough, it's just not cricket!

Nahxela

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 05:39:32 pm »
Different strokes for different folks. Different diabolos for different styles.
:D That made me chuckle.

I've always liked the circus over the finesse.
Well, at least after I tried out the circus, since I originally used Finesses before coming into contact with other name brand diabolos.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 06:07:43 pm »
The smart random dog must like flys more than finesses too :D

thats why he bit a chunk of it right out. finnesse are perfect in my opinion. the material is durable and smooth, they last for ages, unlike flys. They don't use up string in copious amounts like fixed flys and the look awesome! flys look like a tiny diabolo thats been photoshopped to look bigger. IMO of course.

EDIT: props to Garner and Pete for rekindling my love for finnesse. Blame them.

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 09:35:05 pm »
I hate finesse, their super grippy, and wrap up the string when you try to do tricks.
And they cant hold spin or ufo grind well, or grind at all for that matter.
My best grind with finesse is 10 seconds, with spinabolo a minute and 10 seconds, and i havent gotten my fly yet so iunno with that.

Nahxela

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 10:25:10 pm »
thats why he bit a chunk of it right out. finnesse are perfect in my opinion. the material is durable and smooth, they last for ages, unlike flys. They don't use up string in copious amounts like fixed flys and the look awesome! flys look like a tiny diabolo thats been photoshopped to look bigger. IMO of course.

EDIT: props to Garner and Pete for rekindling my love for finnesse. Blame them.
:o. Your dog bit a whole chunk out...? That's crazy.
And poor diabolo :(

Finesses are alright. They aren't terrible, but I prefer circuses and flys over finesses

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 11:10:18 pm »
Quote from: legault
My best grind with finesse is 10 seconds

Then its not spinning fast enough.

with spinabolo a minute and 10 seconds

Its completely unfair to compare a non bearings grind time to a bearing diabolo's grind time.

their super grippy, and wrap up the string when you try to do tricks

Thats either a string or technique issue, seeing as mine don't.

or ufo grind well

Oh well.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 12:45:09 am »
Do you have a photo of your ripped up fly? Flys grind of...ever :D best grind diabolo I can think of.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 12:10:34 pm »
If you want i will post pics of my snapped fly, and the haggard one. I did forget to mention that one of the axles has snapped. It is completely unfair to compare the grind time of a fixed axle and a bearing axle diabolo. As for UFO grinds, they are possible with finnesse, just practise.
:o. Your dog bit a whole chunk out...? That's crazy.

The hilarious thing was that it wasn't my dog, just some random dog came up and walked off with it, deciding to slobber all over it before biting chunks out of it.

Give me a couple of days and i will get pics.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 01:11:44 pm »
I hate finesse, their super grippy, and wrap up the string when you try to do tricks.
Finesse are so smooth! Most importantly, they don't look like toys, or don't look cheap, and they are completely indestructable.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 01:31:48 pm »
they are completely indestructable.

Planet Matt would beg to differ ;)

Nahxela

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 08:05:13 pm »
The hilarious thing was that it wasn't my dog, just some random dog came up and walked off with it, deciding to slobber all over it before biting chunks out of it.

Give me a couple of days and i will get pics.
Well then, I think dogs have a thing for diabolos.
I hope it didn't swallow, that'd be rather tragic for the dog :-\
Does this void your warranty ::)?

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2007, 10:18:20 pm »
Planet Matt would beg to differ ;)
I was talking about Finesse, the dog went for a fly.

-Alex
(That was so badly a 'try', his foot was above the line!)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN