Author Topic: Music for 5 minuttes or less performance  (Read 3435 times)

Einherjer

Music for 5 minuttes or less performance
« on: April 12, 2010, 08:28:47 am »
I will soon 23 or 25 of April participate in a youth talent competion (UKM) Round two. My performance can't be  more than 5 minuttes long. Any suggestions. I'm thinking about using Escapist by Nightwish.
DON'T PANIC

Richard

Re: Music for 5 minuttes or less performance
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:38:47 am »
I recommend using any music that you like and that others will enjoy also.

e.g. if you like Death Metal but your audience is a senior citizens group, reconsider.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:53:45 am »
Don't use faggy death metal, use something that people will know and will enjoy. Not just what you will enjoy.

7-Sins

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 07:02:04 pm »
good deathmetal aint faggy ..... but any deathmetal doesnt belong in a diabolo show.

unless u perform before suicide silence of course xD

and think about your style also... if you diabolo real fast dont play bob marley. if your style is more gently and slow dont use deathmetal.
the music has to fit you and it also has to be something general that every1 know. so no underground dubstep or deathmetal etc.

good luck
VERTAX is only rubbish if you suck at it, (most people do)(me too)

Einherjer

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:41:06 am »
Is "Escapist" Death metal now?
DON'T PANIC

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:56:56 am »
Is "Escapist" Death metal now?
No but it certainly isn't suited to a performance. Or not a performance that everyone in the audience will like. Use a well known song, and pick something that isn't going to depress the audience for god sake.

luabduch

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 06:20:18 pm »
I don't know if you'll like, but I think that some "red snapper" and "skalpel" songs can be good choices.

seán_

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:12 pm »
Very good points about non alienating music (unless you are specifically going for a certain feel).
There's a reason popular music is popular, sometimes you have to swallow your pride and go with what is going to work best. Since this is for a youth talent thing I'm not saying go for something twee but just consider what might least alienate you from the audience and therefore the judges.

There is a few tunes out there that have bits seem to automatically make a crowd clap, good luck finding one of those but if you do it wouldn't hurt

P.s. please don't let this thread spiral into a 'this or that music sucks' or a 'look at me, I'm so cool because of my knowledge of some obscure up and coming next thing music which as soon as it becomes mainstream I'm going to denounce and carp on about how the first album was great before they sold out' or just a random list or tunes you like. There's already a thread for that'.