Author Topic: 2 jazz vs. 2 circus  (Read 11562 times)

asmiller08

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:23:17 am »
Right now, I have one Jazz diabolo (because of its speed) and now I want to start into two.  I hear that it is easier to control heavier diabolos (like Henry's Circus), but does it matter enough to buy 2 circuses over another jazz?  Also, are there any tricks that are much easier with the circuses than with jazzes?  I found them too heavy and cumbersome, but that was a while ago and I've improved since then.

Thanks for your help
Andy

Punkerpanda

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 02:16:50 am »
i havent tried jazzs yet, but i find the 2 circuses great for 2 diaboloing(i still suck tremendously at it, but oh well). i usually play with yoho superspin, but they arent very good for 2.

Dax

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 05:55:12 am »
Henry's circus's are bigger so are more stable and spin for longer. However if you get really good with jazz diabolos and then move on to henry's you'll find lots of trick a lot easier to perform.

diabololi

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 09:51:01 am »
From a personal experience, it is possible to learn with 2 jazzes (I did). After getting used to jazzes- it is VERY hard to get used to anything else. I bought 2 circuses and it took me ages to get used to them. But trust me. They are 10 times better than the jazzes.
Oli

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 11:03:36 am »
Oli is right, get Circuses. There's no point making things more difficult for yourself.
I switched from Renegades to Circus at Christmas and it was hugely frustrating to loose the feel of tricks at first but very worthwhile in the long run.

jw

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 12:34:55 pm »
I learned the 2d shuffle with Rubberkings. They are about the same size as a jazz, but they are half the weight or something, and that went fine
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

Sean

• Administrator
2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 03:05:07 pm »
Quote from: jw
I learned the 2d shuffle with Rubberkings. They are about the same size as a jazz, but they are half the weight or something, and that went fine

The jazz diabolo is 255g and the rubberking is 200g. The rubberking is 2mm wider.

Sure you could learn with 2 3inch 100 gram diabolos if you wanted to, but you're just making life hard for yourself. It's definitely easier with full sized 5 inch diabolos such as the circus. I think you'll want all the help you can get.

I'd go for 2 circuses. If you get more into it you'll want to have 5 inch diabolos anyways. Circuses will last you for a lifetime, or at least decades. Circuses are probably your best diabolo to learn 2 diabolos with. Go for them.

jw

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 03:12:54 pm »
Yeah, I think i'm going to buy some finesses...some day. Atm I have some minor cash flow problems  :P
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

el_grimley

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 06:09:11 pm »
I've got 3 Jazz and I think they are ace. To be honest the larger diabolos are easier and Jazz are about the same weight as circus (not enough difference to notice). However on trying to high I found the circus better, I don't think that it takes that long to adjust and to be fair if you learn on Jazz you'll find it easier to move to the circus than vice versa.

Graham
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 11:12:43 pm »
I agree circuses all the way, even when you start learning harder tricks like s-fan, stick with circuses, dont move on to finesse  :P  I reckon some day i'll even get some smooth finger grinds down with them, give me time  :wink:

Marco

2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 05:47:25 pm »
I have 2 jazz and they are awsome!
You guys really should try 2 jazz.

iroQuai

Re: 2 jazz vs. 2 circus
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 10:59:09 pm »
I do 2d with 2 jazz diabolo's, but i notice my progression is quite slow. tricks take a bit longer to master with these small diabolo's because they are less stable.. tricks like a vortex need much more subtility to succeed. I find it hard to do a vortex with 2 jazz, but with circusses my vortexes succeed more than half of the time.

Still, I don't really like the circus diabolo's.. I don't know why.. they feel a bit to slow and sluggish, especially since I've used the Sundia Fly diabolo (and i used one with a fixed axle! So when i should believe what i've read, the Sundia Sun should even be better, more stable) These Sundia diabolo's feel more stable and react a lot faster and more precise to my movements.

(BTW, I didn't know the word "sluggish" yet, but I think I'm using it right... I used a dictionary to translate the dutch word "log"... maybe some of you can see if this word is the right word to use?)

But this a bit off-topic, because the question was to help you choose between an extra circus or an extra jazz. I chose to use two jazz diabolo's, because I like the fact that they are small (so easy to travel with) and react a bit faster when you play with them, compared to the circusses. But i have to agree with the comments by some other people: if you want to make it easy for yourself you should go for an extra circus! (or save money to buy 2 sundia diabolo's ;) )

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 09:27:28 pm »
I hate Jazz, someone at our juggling club had some (He still couldnt do 2d though-remaining on top here  8) )
I tried em and hated them...Like a lot.
They felt nasty compared to the finesses.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 04:10:12 am »
they feel a bit to slow and sluggish, especially since I've used the Sundia Fly diabolo (and i used one with a fixed axle! So when i should believe what i've read, the Sundia Sun should even be better, more stable)
Not having used the Suns myself yet, but having spoken to people who have and read the posts here, I don't think you'd find the Suns more stable. Similar stability but they have other advantages, the main one being that their cup material won't gouge as easily. They are also lighter if you use the lighter washers.

But, back on topic. As I wrote before - don't learn with 2 jazz (or anything that size) unless you have to.

Martijn

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 08:50:11 am »
Suns hurt less. Big advantage ;D I prefer the Suns. But that's a bit off-topic perhaps.

Oh and Sean, a Sun with Fly washers weighs 275g, the same as a Fly.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

jacky

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 12:09:10 pm »
Right now, I have one Jazz diabolo (because of its speed) and now I want to start into two.  I hear that it is easier to control heavier diabolos (like Henry's Circus), but does it matter enough to buy 2 circuses over another jazz?  Also, are there any tricks that are much easier with the circuses than with jazzes?  I found them too heavy and cumbersome, but that was a while ago and I've improved since then.

Thanks for your help
Andy
if you do not like heavy diabolo then you should get g2 or yoho diabolo

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 12:18:15 pm »
My yohos are the heaviest diabolos I own - they're heavier than a standard Henrys Circus.

The finesse is an option if you want light diabolos.  Or I'd prefer Henrys Circus with an  axle kit.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 03:22:19 pm »
if you do not like heavy diabolo then you should get g2 or yoho diabolo

Or Circus, a Circus with teflon hubs has almost the same weight as a g2.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

jacky

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 06:37:16 am »
the new version of yoho is lighter then my g2 and it also had a perfect feeling of the diabolo.

jazz-man3

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 07:04:11 pm »
i used a jazz and a fly when i started doing 2diabolo but still worked well enough to get a decent shuffle. <excessive smilies deleted by Sean>