Author Topic: ReVoLuTiOn KiT  (Read 45854 times)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: ReVoLuTiOn KiT
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2009, 10:06:55 pm »
for god sake, why make your own when you can get langleys properly made decent ones for a bargain price?
just get a set!

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2009, 10:47:59 am »
Well, no need to jump down his throat about it.  Granted, Langerz makes a top-notch kit, but that's no reason a fellow shouldn't try it himself.  And should he not succeed, can always buy the actual thing.

I'm not sure, but I don't think all of the parts are off the shelf, so making a copy would be a bit tricky.  I'm always in the mindset of "if I can make it, why buy it", but sometimes it's better to keep those thoughts in your head, especially as the creator is a well-known member here.  I tried to make my own streetboard and failed, so I'm looking for an actual one.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

mellowscholar

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2009, 10:50:06 am »
I wonder if Lz is still getting a reasonable return from the retail price when they're being sold by oddballs and firetoys (and any others I haven't noticed)

And Chiok, I saw that picture of your streetboard, it looked pretty cobbled together.

seaneatsmuffins

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2009, 12:17:26 pm »
well the stores do have it but i emailed langerz and i live in New Jersey so i asked how much and how long he replied saying 8 euros and about 2 weeks and i looked at the oddballs and firetoys ones and they are diferent prices and Langerz's is cheaper which is a lot better
Nobody else like me

K

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2009, 03:49:15 am »
Im making some with my dad for my Crystal Sun. It seemed so easy for the planning yet I think that it might end badly. Still i'll make a thread if all goes well. Any idea's on how much stress is being put on the bearings? I dont like the sound of them breaking mid-trick.

-K
Im left handed. Get over it!

Diabolique

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2009, 05:09:18 pm »
whenever i talk about hub stacks people always ask me what they are and i say  you know those metal bars that stick out of BMX bike wheels (pegs)?
well its like that just on a diabolo!
so i was inspired by my description and i thought to tell you guys that i thought that it would be cool to try out metal bars instead
meaning: langerz (or any one who is making hubstacks) next time you make a batch of hubstacks why don't you try using BMX bike wheel pegs?
ninja!:

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2009, 06:05:41 pm »
Hm, I'm not sure they're quite the same... Also why do you think they aren't made out of metal? It would be really cool having a stupidly heavy diabolo i suppose! Good thinking!
Alex abuses flys!

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:52 am »
However, a ride-on diabolo...  He might be onto something.

Though really, actual pegs are much too heavy for a diabolo.  What benefits do you think could be achieved with metal hubstacks over the current nylon (?) ones?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Diabolique

« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2009, 09:19:47 pm »
i don't know, maybe they're more durable? nice fantasy anyway. maybe if they stuck out of the cups then you could grind it on two parallel poles or something?
OR
instead of pegs you could use two bearing axles, they might interesting...
OR
you could scrap the cups and just have these pegs instead or just use weight reduction kits and stuff?
ninja!:

K

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2009, 10:14:28 am »
I was gonna use pegs but they weigh pretty much a diabolo!!!

-K
Im left handed. Get over it!

killer764

« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2009, 10:12:26 pm »
It's so late or can i order one revolution kit?
I really want some!
Sorry for my ugly english ^^

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2009, 11:29:08 pm »
i don't know, maybe they're more durable? nice fantasy anyway. maybe if they stuck out of the cups then you could grind it on two parallel poles or something?
OR
instead of pegs you could use two bearing axles, they might interesting...
OR
you could scrap the cups and just have these pegs instead or just use weight reduction kits and stuff?

it is a lovely idea but mine haven't broke as of yet and I've had them for a long time. i doubt they will due to being inside the cup. It would be cool to have them outside but thats a different thing like trespace has.

the rev kit has bearings on the inside so its pretty much the same thing as having bearing axels

just having pegs instead would take away from the stability and weight reduction wouldnt take away enough weight.

Give any of your ideas a go though! it's always worth a try!

x

m1ck

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2009, 01:26:16 pm »
this works whit evo1?

killer764

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:39 pm »
I sent to langerz many email but I didn't have any reply, so i post here.
I really want this kit and i want to fit it on my circus with allround axle, langerz has said he could sell adaptators for circus.
The only website i found where i can buy this kit is firetoys.co.uk but he doesn't sell the adaptator.
Maybe i just have to buy another longer axle, metal "bar"?

Please reply!
Sorry for my ugly english ^^

BatJacopo

« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2012, 09:01:56 am »
Langerz you still have the hubstack??? i'm interested to buy a pair of them, but they're compatible whit a finesse g4? and it's possible to set thi skit whit a evo kit 1??? please answer

BatJacopo

« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2012, 02:12:42 pm »
langerz your e mail does not work! Can you give us a valid e mail please?
Please answer lz!

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2012, 08:57:27 pm »
For G4's you will need extra nub from either another kit such as wide kit or just an extra one (I have spare ones if you happen to need some). I'm sure that Lz will get back to you soon anyways...
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

BatJacopo

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2012, 07:21:15 am »
Then, can you tell me where I can find this wide kit? I hope lz is returning whit other kits...
eheh, but the price is very high! I've 3 finesse, and for set this kit I should spend above 100 €!

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2012, 07:25:33 am »
I'll look into it. How many kits would you need?
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

BatJacopo

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »
Depends on a lot of things. If this revolution kit increase the weight for more than 10 grams, I need 3 of this kit, but there's the problem of cost: I can't spend €100 for these kits. all my 3 finesses have cost €75, and € 100 is far too. In this kits I would spend maximum € 50. Ok, I've decided, I will buy one of this kit if it's possible. Marko, if there aren't shops that sell this nub and if you don't need of these nubs, you can sell me one of this? And why this nub is indispensable for a finesse g4?