Author Topic: Diabolo Strings - What's good, what's bad?  (Read 16917 times)

Catjar

Re: Diabolo Strings - What's good, what's bad?
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 05:03:54 pm »
Has anyone tried Sundia string? If so, what color and what do you think of it.
I think that Sundia string is what came with my Crystal Sun when i ordered it and I didn't like it at all.
I'm not completely sure if it was sundia string but it was unlike the other strings I've used, and it was overly sticky and got extra messed up real fast... dirty and fraying and whathaveyou....

also... when i was shopping for string on the internet, the only thing in stock (i was on juggling store at the time) was just 'replacement string' no company really... just replacement string... and I like that better than what came with my sun.

lowe

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 02:48:32 pm »
well ive thrown my sundia string out, never going to use it again. Gone back to my neon green henrys.

btw
ive always wondered how people say they prefer yellow rather than green, ive always had green. Is there a difference? Is yellow some how better?

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 07:18:00 pm »
ive always wondered how people say they prefer yellow rather than green, ive always had green. Is there a difference? Is yellow some how better?

to some, yes. the dye of the string makes the performance something or other.

i use green and orange too. it feels exactly the same to me
can't believe its not butter

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 09:41:59 pm »
Personally im using henry string because i find it the best when its a bit worn. For 1 diablo, some little worn henry's string is fabulous. My problem is more of playing with 2 diabolos with my henry. The string is basically impossible to play with when new, but after an hour or 2 it becomes great. Anybody know some string thats ready to be used for 2 diabolo the second it is tied? (i tried some kevlar-string for firediabolos and that worked ok but is EXTREMELY coarse so i wouldnt recommend it)
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 04:26:31 pm »
Personally im using henry string because i find it the best when its a bit worn. For 1 diablo, some little worn henry's string is fabulous. My problem is more of playing with 2 diabolos with my henry. The string is basically impossible to play with when new, but after an hour or 2 it becomes great. Anybody know some string thats ready to be used for 2 diabolo the second it is tied? (i tried some kevlar-string for firediabolos and that worked ok but is EXTREMELY coarse so i wouldnt recommend it)

Taibolostring is (for me at least) perfect immediately from the roll. Feels like a nicely broken in Henrys string. It´s not very durable if you get it wet though so keep it in mind. For bodycombos with 1 it´s better to stick to Henrys (or some other string, never tried MB?).

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 07:09:49 pm »
Ok i might order that sometime!  :-D The only problem with that is that i live in Denmark so brands like taibolo or sundia is kinda doesnt exist here. I tried the MB string (coreless) but that wasnt really good and snapped after a couple of days playing. Ive only tried kevlar-string, henrys and MB and from my experience i would fully recommend henry's even though it takes a couple of hours to make it ready.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 09:31:25 pm »

taibolo string is nice off of the roll

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 10:26:22 pm »
sounds fantastik so i just guess ill have to try it :D where do you guys buy it from? (: i live in denmark so that is not being sold here d;

lowe

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 01:15:18 pm »
i might sound like a bit of a hypocrite but sundia strings good of the roll, but dispose of it as soon as ur done, doesnt last too long   yucky

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 05:42:22 pm »
you can order it from nev's shop