Author Topic: Ryo Yabe and Tony Frebourg on stage - At the same time!  (Read 2503 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe and Tony Frebourg on stage - At the same time!
« on: October 29, 2007, 05:35:33 am »
Check out his website www.ryoyabe.com

Quote from: The webpage
PREMIUM stage with Tony Frebourg 20:00

I want to see this!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Ryo Yabe and Tony Frebourg on stage - At the same time!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 06:19:18 am »
Mad! Whats the diadogei world cup about, im guessing its a performance competition?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 01:07:45 pm »
Neat! Ryo idolizes Tony. When I've been with him at conventions in the past he's always wanted to see more videos of him and speaks very highly of him. It's funny to think of Ryo looking up to anyone... although they're very different in their approach to the diabolo. Ryo has invented quite a bit and Tony is the master at perfecting hard tricks.

seán_

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 01:26:26 pm »
It was good to see them coming out to watch each others routines at the EJC.

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 01:37:49 pm »
Whats the diadogei world cup about, im guessing its a performance competition?

Daidogei World Cup is a busking competition held every year in Shizuoka, Japan which is west of Tokyo.

Nahxela

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 09:16:26 pm »
Oh boy!
Think of the high, multiple passing possibilities!

I want to go, but I don't think I can fund a trip to Japan :(
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

maxticket

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 06:09:30 am »
I was there. It was amazing. I'd never heard of Yabe before I went (I've been absent from the online diabolo community a while), but I have to say I was much more interested in his performance than Frebourg's, although Frebourg was the main reason I went.

Never saw them on stage at the same time--they were slated for completely different stages and audiences--but I was able to see both of them perform multiple times. I bought a Sundia diabolo and his short fiberglass sticks right then and there, and I'm already happier with the Sundia than my Circus pair.

One thing I didn't dig about the four-day festival was how every single diaboloist ended their set with a really cheesy magic knot, where they'd halt the diabolo with their hand and pull the sticks away. This after ten seconds of 4D . . . a bit anticlimactic.