Author Topic: 2 diabolos with different diabolos  (Read 4507 times)

Dax

2 diabolos with different diabolos
« on: February 18, 2005, 06:35:44 am »
i have had to resort to learn 2 diabolo's with different diabolos because they are the only 2 i have. I dont want to get a new one until i finish my college course because i already spend far too much time on them.  One is a Henry's circus and the other is a crappy plastic diabolo that is about the same size but slightly lighter. I've had a go on two Henry's Circuses once and it was so sweet.

Does this matter too much? does it affect some tricks more than others?

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 11:34:01 am »
Hi Dax,

I'm guessing you already know that everyone here will tell you to get another Circus and that you just want to be "talked into it" :wink: , so I'll indulge you.

OOOOOOHHHH GO ON ,GET ANOTHER ONE!!  YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO :twisted:  GO ON,   GO ON,   GO  ON,   GO  ON!!!!

kragen

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 01:02:07 pm »
Its DEFINITELY easier with 2 diabolo the same size - ive tried the shuffle with a finesse and a harlequin and its really strange!

If your trying to learn 2 diabolo get 2 the same - it will make it so much easier.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

nezzybaby

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 01:25:04 pm »
i learnt with a harlequin and a circus, was just about manageable for learning the basic 2 diabolo shuffle, i bought a second circus shortly afterwards and havent looked back.

Most tricks do work with different sized diabolos, it always surprises me that sprinklers work with completely differently weighted diabolos (lots of speed)

Ed

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 11:28:16 am »
I Was forced to learn with a finesse gen 2 and a cheap extra light replica of a mb rubber king,(because i couldn't afford it at that time but im getting another gen 2 tommorow  :lol: )  but i can say that i learned the shuffle, and a sun, and i didn't even realise i was doing it i thought it was a sun but a clockwise fan too.(i think) correction i find was the hardest thing to learn with different diabolos, you might understand why i put corrections is the hardest thing so far with 2 in other topics.

It is definatly easier to learn with 2 of the same diabolo i was lucky and got to use 2 the same at are juggling club but it was only once a week.

Gee i've been looking for a topic like this one to say this for ages.

lemony

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 11:51:08 am »
i'm going to stick my neck outy here and say that whilst it's certainly easier to get a neat shuffle going with identical diabolos, i'm finding learning tricks where you lead with one (i.e. most of them) easier with one circus and one wide axelled finesse... they just make the timing easier since you can feel where the two diabolos are by the way the weigh is distributed.

maybe i'm just odd though
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 12:30:01 pm »
It can be fun to play around with different diabs too, while at the BJC I tried various tricks with one MB Performer diabolo and a little Beard diab, o good times  :lol:

Paul

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 01:34:07 pm »
Ive found that a finesse with the 6 gram weight kit and a arlequin weigh almost the same even though the size is totally different. It s an odd one cos it feels close enough but you can get a cool moon orbiting the earth kinda effect which spectators seem to like!
Peace

Dax

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 01:39:30 am »
has anyone ever tried stuff with a 3 and a 5 inch diabolo???

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 08:11:27 am »
The Babache Performer is larger than 5 inch, prolly bout 6 I dunno tho, and the lil beard one was bout 3 it seemed pretty darn small, I was a bit gutted I dint bring along my Birdie :) so yeh someone has  :wink:  I managed things like a vortex and a very interesting fan lol

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 10:19:47 am »
i couldnt even keep them going for ages, the little one kept jumping out. But i learned to only drive the little one, the big one just does its self really. Only managed the shuffle at BJC, but with a monster and a jazz i have done a suicide and a bit of ping-pong.

Ed

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 10:42:12 am »
What about shuffling 2 or 3 monster diabolos, It would Kill you arms!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 12:48:59 pm »
i've done whole sequences with 2 monsters, yes it fookin kills. As for 3... shhhhhh, that's just ridiculous, not only the shear pain involved but the collision chance is massive.