Author Topic: A certain someone on BBC2...  (Read 2962 times)

Chiok

• Donator
A certain someone on BBC2...
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:40:36 am »
Boy, I don't start many topics, but I thought this might be interesting to someone.

I was watching the ol' tube and on BBC2 (a channel we have in the UK) and for some reason, "Passion for Plants" was on at 8pm as narrated by Alan Titchmarsh.  Not sure of the situation but I managed to catch a glimps of a sprinkler by known other than Zack Turner.  On national TV nonetheless.  There was also another fellow with some low 3 ball stuff dressed as an invisible man too, but that wasn't what caught my attention.

Probably not worth trying to look for any footage but some guys might be interested to know.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: A certain someone on BBC2...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:58:44 am »
Good on you Zack!
I'd like to see the footage.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 10:44:44 am »
I've just spent a few minutes fluttering about the BBC2 website, hopefully searching for potential clips of the show, to no avail. Rather disappointing really. If someone wants to help searching, feel free. But it does seem like it might be pointless.

seán_

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:42:13 pm »
The other person (in the invisible man outfit) is most likely Tiff or Zacks' twin , we all work for the same company doing walkabout, workshops and shows Marc and Chris Cabry* are also part of the same setup. Since the program included something about ravenscliffe estate in Bradford we were probably doing something there.

Sharp eyed viewers might recognise the similarity between the invisible man and my singing in the rain outfit.
*twins eh?

ztt

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 06:35:11 pm »
hey, i was on tv! i didnt realise, did anyone manage to record it because i would like to see it. Thanks chiock for telling me, Yeah it was my brother josh dressed as the invisible man, sean_ was right, we were doing work for urban circus, some walk abot stuff at this place in bradford. i have had a look on bbc website and i couldnt find any thing either ducan   :-\ but i did find i description of the show. I am pleased thar people coud reconise me and wow i just realised that this is my forst post on diabolo.a in a long time.

thanks zack
zack turner

Greg

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 03:41:05 am »
You could Email/write to the BBC and ask them for a tape of the show, they might ask for a few quid but hey they can only say no, worth a shot i say

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 10:54:59 pm »
maybe only p+p? i think everyone has a right to see film they are in.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 09:36:46 pm »
I used to have some friends who were video librarians at the BBC so I can ask around for a copy if you would like.  Can't guarentee anything (can't spell that word either) but I'll give it a go if you're enthusiastic.

Corr, you could make a killing in the business with a twin, two jobs under one name.  Shame you have different disciplines though...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills