Author Topic: Diabology II  (Read 3847 times)

TomerB

Diabology II
« on: December 07, 2007, 06:40:33 pm »
Well, i just watched the MFP's DVD, and i thought it was a little bit not updated.

When i watched the Diabology's educational part, i noticed that there where many tricks that have been missing, for example: fan 360, there's only fan 180 tutorial, the 360 is much different than the 180... also, i think adding some of the 3D low tricks that were invented since the DVD was published would be great... Also, explanation about the hand movement in the shuffle would be great...

What do you say ? Is Diabology really old ? Should TMFP publish Diabology 2 ?

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabology II
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 07:01:23 pm »
No.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 07:15:30 pm »
The educational section wasn't meant to teach you all their tricks - it was to give you a solid base and let you explore from there. The tricks weren't missing so much as they really hadn't even been considered as a basic.

Think back to even earlier education videos like Diabolo Follies. The concept of doing most of those tricks made guys like Jochen Schell hardcore - now we view them as completely basic.

Everyone's (some people excluded for being more inspired by yo-yo'ing) taken so much from them and then are unhappy when they stopped showing their stuff.

Of course Diabology is old - it's nearly 4 years old now. Should the publish an update - absolutely not. Use your imagination and create something new.

-Duncan

seán_

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 07:20:17 pm »
I cant see that happening any time soon but here's hoping :)

Any Video or book is going to date. We didn't notice that so much in the past (t'internet) but I still reckon it's not something that should be dismissed out of hand. Where else at the moment can you get (in one lump) that much skillfull diaboloing.

I think what a lot of people miss about Diabology is that it is that diabolo has been highly influenced by it. Many peoples styles (and not to put to fine a point on it tricks) are directly attributable to what is seen in that DVD. The various members of the MFP had distinct styles and tricks we pretty much have an amorphous meld of that on the scene now. I dont think that was the MFP aim on releasing that DVD.

Anyhow, untill somebody gets their act together and plans out a better DVD thats still the best (non internet) diaboloing out there.

Beni

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 09:58:12 pm »
Where else at the moment can you get (in one lump) that much skillfull diaboloing.
Here ;).

I thought most of the MFP had stopped diaboloing — maybe they just got too good for their time.
Also, that DVD contained (I'm guessing) 90% of their trickset, so to make another DVD containing "over 300 advanced tricks" would be pretty challenging, especially as the French body combo style has been explored inside out because of Diabology, as séan said.

Beni

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 10:25:39 pm »
It would be nice to see another one, but unfortunately I doubt they will anytime soon. I agree with Duncan, it does develop a persons base skills and leave the rest up to the player, which is great, it means people can develop their own styles.

Squiggle

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 11:12:53 pm »
How about figuring out a trick or two for yourself? =]

Or making your own DvD.

If they wanted to make #2 they will/would,  Why "should" they?

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:36:21 pm »
They, shouldn't have to make a second, but it would be nice if they do make a second one. That has a larger basic trick set in educational, that incorporates the evolution of how advanced tricks are now basic tricks etc. Also for their own performance stuff to show how they have improved.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

gangdiabolo

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 05:24:18 pm »
i ant wached it but i  am soon i like the dibolo feeling it grate u sould wach it

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 08:12:56 pm »
Pls spk pruper N-glish cuz itz nut evry1z n8ive lnguage. :)

Please have a look at the Posting Etiquette as soon as possible.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

amitjf

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 09:18:44 am »
I have yet been watching diabology, but even though, I heard many good things about it, and I think that it would be very nnice to have another video from that type.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

karl e dangerous

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 07:44:32 pm »
i feel diabology is a gift that should be given with the first diabolo, as it teaches very well and also gives you the grounds to explore, after mastering what diabology teaches you i fell you dont need to be taught you need to learn your own style,i think if they made diabology 2 then a lot of the new diaboloists will have the same style and not learn to be creative
sorry for my bad grammer

Beni

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:49 pm »
i feel diabology is a gift that should be given with the first diabolo

I disagree, when I first started learning diabolo, I couldn't appreciate the awesomeness of the tricks — especially the body combos.

Beni

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 12:04:32 am »
I believe Karl e was talking about the Educational section. To teach a beginner diaboloist
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 02:35:49 am »
Diabology two would be pretty cool. Before diabology, there were those on top and there was everyone else. From what I know, diabology really revolutionalized andspread diabolo out. Great to get the intermediate diaboloist up there, and will always be. Everyone has only a lifetime to learn, so this will always be a great dvd. Diabology II would be for more advanced tricks...maybe. Hmm...assemble a team of the best diaboloists on the planet, put them together, maybe some new passing siteswaps or multiples, maybe some insane vertax (3D passing :o), but I don't think its necesary, the only thing it would acomplish would be to cram in a span of a year or two in diabolo advancement into one dvd...and then, will the world need III, ah well, there is only so far a dvd can get you, and I think that essentially new diabolo tricks are discovered in their own time.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.