Author Topic: Diaboloing and gymnastics  (Read 2766 times)

Conor

Diaboloing and gymnastics
« on: December 16, 2007, 02:39:15 pm »
I went to the circus last nite  :D and there was some diabolo stuff and they were doing some gymnastics with the diabolo and not just the normal stuff like high throw back flip - like an arm orbit whilst they did a forward roll and one handed cartwheels  whilst doing suns. It was fairly basic diabolowise but i thought it had potential.

I know Tony Frezbourg does gymnastics with diabolo, but i was wondering if anyone had actually linked the two more comprehensively, actually doing both at the same time. or is anyone working on this kind of stuff??

n3mo

Re: Diaboloing and gymnastics
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 03:13:31 pm »
yes, there have been attempts to combine stuff.

i've personally tried to learn how to breakdance (or bboy if you wish), although i've failed miserably. i have managed to do some interesting things with my more talented friends - one hand diabolo stalls while doing a one handed freeze, for example.
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Dan

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 04:47:22 pm »
I've tried a few spinning kick vertax genocides and vertax suns with body rotations etc.  Most if it just looks goofy unless you happen to be really good in both areas.  I am however not so experienced in aerial martial arts so its nothing spectacular for an audience to watch.

Dan

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 01:39:14 am »
there was a vid on youtube with a bunch of azn girls that did like double handsprings and like 2 backflips before catching it again it was insane

i think if ound it wen i searched "diabolo gymnastics" or "diabolo asian"
Supplier of Chinese yoyos

Conor

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:51:41 pm »

there was a vid on youtube with a bunch of azn girls that did like double handsprings and like 2 backflips before catching it again it was insane

yeah i was looking for stuff that more includes the diabolo in the gymnastics rather than throw the diabolo up do some gymnastics then catch it again, you know? the only place i've seen it was les 7 doigts de la main, which was a one handed cartweel and a sun, aswell as arm orbits into a forward roll - apart from that their act was all crowd pleasing ie. not v good

I've tried a few spinning kick vertax genocides and vertax suns with body rotations etc.  Most if it just looks goofy unless you happen to be really good in both areas.  I am however not so experienced in aerial martial arts so its nothing spectacular for an audience to watch.

i've tried the vertax spinning kick and ur right it just doesnt look smooth (doesnt help that my vertax isnt great)

cheers for the feedback

seán_

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:31:01 pm »
...les 7 doigts de la main, which was a one handed cartweel and a sun, aswell as arm orbits into a forward roll - apart from that their act was all crowd pleasing ie. not v good

I'd say crowd pleasing is the definition of a good act. (oh and the finishing move is probably one of the most impressive acrobatic/diabolo things out there.)

Conor

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 10:58:24 pm »
oh yeah im not saying its a bad act - as an act it was amazing but from a diabolists perspective the diabolo itself is boring - there isnt anything technically awesome other than the gymnastics - which are amazing hence the thread

tipiphil

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:24:42 am »
I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-t_2sG9kl4c

It's Chinese girls, so naturally there is lots of spinning, skipping and jumping... But, about half way through there is a nice two person balance with some round the body moves, and later on is some good tumbling stuff.