Author Topic: Copyright?  (Read 3924 times)

TomMiller

Copyright?
« on: January 04, 2008, 01:10:50 pm »
i saw this in youtube

isnt this a copy from tomer, amit, and yitav
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

TomerB

Re: Copyright?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:56:37 pm »
this is our video... how it got there ?

well, it's the second time someone steals this vid...

is reporting necessary ?

btw, the video is by me, amit and yonatan, not yitav. thank you for link

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:22 pm »
I would say if you feel strongly about it (which you should) then reporting is necessary. Lately a lot of people's videos have been lifted for advertising purposes. Emailing the group who is using your video is probably a good idea as well - might be a good idea to politely ask for removal before raging on them for stealing your work. More often than not, that will do the trick.

TomMiller

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:25:25 pm »
They also copyed blazor1994s chinese whip tutorial
and sams basic diabolo tutorial

i also flagged it for copyright
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

fzzyrn

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:31:06 pm »
I'm not sure that this could be considered copyright.

The copyright button is for stuff like TV shows or movies that show up on youtube. Not that anybody actually uses it. It's reserved for the few people that (i would guess) are paid by movie/tv companies to find infringement.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 09:57:16 pm »
I'm not sure that this could be considered copyright.

The copyright button is for stuff like TV shows or movies that show up on youtube. Not that anybody actually uses it. It's reserved for the few people that (i would guess) are paid by movie/tv companies to find infringement.

There's also a little thing called intellectual property. In this case, Tomerb and company's efforts have been stolen to market a product/search tool. That is theft if nothing else.

seán_

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 11:39:44 pm »
Yeah plenty of this about. There's a Chinese manufacturer that has tagged about 30 well known videos with their URL and some little git who put dropitlikeitshot up on metacafe in the hope of making some money of it. MEH (he hasn't made anything yet and hopefully one day metacafe will get around to taking it down)

fzzyrn

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:13:26 am »
hey, doesn't yospin embed dropitlikeitshot on their website?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:19:17 am »
They did ask for permission, as well as a few other videos. So its all good there.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

fzzyrn

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:28:51 am »
oh. ok then. thats awesomelicious.

the permission, not the name "yospin"

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 02:15:49 am »
If the video was copyrighted then it is a copyright issue, but if its not theirs and is being used for advertisement, then it is a seperate issue.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Nevercrashed

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 09:25:01 am »
whic country did the vid origonate?

because there are different copyright laws for most countries. if it is english as soon as you make a video or take a photograph the author is atuomatically deemed to have copyright over it they dont have to fill in any forms and this last up until 50 years after the authors death. in america i think you have to register the film for copyright perposes. but if you have given permission for the vid to be there thats fare enough. i had a huge go at some one on the poipoi forums for putting up one of my photographs with out my permission but that was all resovled.

one of the companies i take photos for is currently looking at suing a couple of big british companies over the use of some photographs. They popped up in one of thier cataloges advertising the companies product when it was clearly the photos i had taken for the the first company.

marcdblo

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 12:16:16 am »
as far as im aware its 70 years and even after that the family has a say in which context the photos are used.ie if the photos are used in deflamitory way.

This has happened to me and the company involved were only to happy to sort me out with some nice free gear ;D hope this happpened to you nevercrashed.

Beni

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:47 am »
50 years after the object was first copyrighted is the law. The guy who invented cats' eyes got profits for 50 years.

marcdblo

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 12:27:12 pm »
It is 70 years after you die I believe it may change from country to country but I am pretty sure it is 70 I studied photography for 5 years and we had this drummed into us.