Author Topic: I have just bought...  (Read 77933 times)

robbie322

Re: I have just bought...
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2008, 01:50:20 pm »
No chance there really good, mine have taken a battering and still fine, the amount of time vertax and Mini-G's have gone wrong and end with the stick smacking  the floor and tables. Definitely worth the money.

i think william was highlighting the fact that if he hasnt got a pair then he only has one stick, a joke, yet nobody got it.

i just bought a black and white taibolo. sex, havent arrived yet.
Making the possible totally impossible

spinnin pig

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 05:28:24 pm »
25m roll of henrys yellow
red finesse g3
henry's alu sticks
wide axle for finesse
20g weight kit for finesse
tricks im happy with
2d stuff
grinds
sticktrap
sticktrap double release
sprinkler/sprinkler suicide

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 10:28:04 pm »
i think william was highlighting the fact that if he hasnt got a pair then he only has one stick, a joke, yet nobody got it.
At least somebody did  ::)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

mickske

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2008, 04:46:11 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm new to this website and relatively new to the world of Diabolo. I was fashioned as a kid by diabolo's but never really learned how to play with them, except for adding some basic speed and throw it in the air. Now, a few years later, I saw my cousin playing with a diabolo and I decided I wanted to learn how to play with one aswell. I ran off to the nearest toy store and bought this cheap Diabolo (from some kiddy brand...) - while it's ok for throwing it up in the air, doing some stick grind tricks - it feels like I have problems when I wrap my diabolo. I think the strings are too thick and the diabolo is probably of poor quality aswell.

I want to buy a 'real diabolo' from a 'real diabolo brand' and I was looking on some e-bay stores. I stumbled upon a store that had "Mr Babacha" diabolo's and I was wondering if this would be a good buy for me as a beginner : http://www.misterjuggles.co.uk/show.asp?id=246

I don't want to buy the wrong one, as there seem to be many more sorts of diabolo's than I thought at first.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2008, 04:51:40 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Try this for queries about equipment: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3166.0

You can also pick up a lot about what diabolo you might prefer by reading some of the old threads in the gear section. If you can, I would get a chance to play with a few different kinds of diabolos and see which you prefer. If not any of the diabolos listed in that equipment guide will serve you well.

-Leo
Behind your back is your front.

mickske

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 05:04:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Try this for queries about equipment: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3166.0

You can also pick up a lot about what diabolo you might prefer by reading some of the old threads in the gear section. If you can, I would get a chance to play with a few different kinds of diabolos and see which you prefer. If not any of the diabolos listed in that equipment guide will serve you well.

-Leo

I did read that thread but it doesn't help me too much except for teaching me what are the good brands and what aren't. I'll take some time digging into older threads later on the evening to find as much information as possible.

While money is not a problem, I don't want to go and spend more than 100 euro's on diabolo's at the moment as I'm just a beginner and want to learn. If I find that playing with the diabolo is nothing for me, it would end up as a big waste.

I took the time to make some pictures from my current diabolo and explain what is wrong with it:
http://users.pandora.be/micky/jo/diabolo/Picture%2015.jpg - as you can see, the sides aren't completly round. I got it out of the box this way, I suppose this is not a good thing?
http://users.pandora.be/micky/jo/diabolo/Picture%2017.jpg - these are the sticks and strings
http://users.pandora.be/micky/jo/diabolo/Picture%2016.jpg - this is the middle.

The problem that I have is that when I do a lefthand wrap and then I do some sort of trick to add speed (for example orbit thrusts) it feels like it goes extremely rough and it barely adds speed. Could this be because of the size of the strings or am I just doing something wrong? =p

BTW - I'm really sorry for Hijacking this thread but I was not completely sure where to post. =/

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2008, 11:49:46 pm »
I have just bought a ticket to a festival with an AWESOME LINEUP
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Tomko401

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2008, 01:49:17 am »
Will buy g3 and XTreme Handsticks if I get an A on latest exam
TOMKO

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2008, 07:24:30 pm »
Will buy g3 and XTreme Handsticks if I get an A on latest exam

They feel amazing =D

off topic
-Bluetooth Headphones for my Cell
-A new battery for my Cell
-A Sandisk 2gb MicroSD card for my Cell
-A Sandisk 4gb U3 Jumpdrive
-A new charger for my Cell

on topic
My diabolos came in =D
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

fzzyrn

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 08:13:34 pm »
i just brought a lyn fury and another bearing for my raider (yoyos) I'm gonna try to beefcake my raider. That ought to make for a very interesting explanation

hey moffet, what kind of phone do you have?

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2008, 08:30:54 pm »
i just brought a lyn fury and another bearing for my raider (yoyos) I'm gonna try to beefcake my raider. That ought to make for a very interesting explanation

hey moffet, what kind of phone do you have?

A Samsung A707 "Sync" ~ It's a good phone, but to me it's like if I was given a Circus Diabolo... I'm a Finesse guy.

I was thinking about beefcaking my FHZ but I don't like the impossible returns =b
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 10:47:07 pm »
I have just bought a ticket to a festival with an AWESOME LINEUP
I want to buy a ticket to the V festival: The Smashing Pumpkins, Duran Duran, Queens of the stone age, Air etc..
i got some new 6 panel juggling balls too, in a colour other than silver.

fzzyrn

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2008, 11:02:46 pm »
A Samsung A707 "Sync" ~ It's a good phone, but to me it's like if I was given a Circus Diabolo... I'm a Finesse guy.

I was thinking about beefcaking my FHZ but I don't like the impossible returns =b
If a samsung is to you like a cirus, i guess you are a motorola kinda guy i guess then, eh? I've always been a windows mobile kinda guy. I'd be lost without it (like that guy in that cingular commercial, but i have tmobile).

Slightly more back on topic, i've always found the raider to be massively too responsive for string tricks, as it is a looping yoyo. I'm gonna sand down the spacers to make everything fit and hopefully all will turn out nicely. I've never seen a beefcaked raider, though FHZ i've seen a couple.

now more back on topic, i've also just purchased a 100m spool of mason's line for my diabolo. $10, should last give or take a year.

Beni

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2008, 11:15:08 am »
now more back on topic, i've also just purchased a 100m spool of mason's line for my diabolo. $10, should last give or take a year.

Wow, I'm still on a 25m roll Henry's yellow which I got over a year ago.

Beni

fzzyrn

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 12:19:58 pm »
yeah, mason's line wears easily. Its a negligible price for me.

fzzyrn

« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2008, 03:57:45 pm »
I guess this is technically a double post, but it's about something totally different.
I just brought a white finesse. I'm planning to mix the cups with my blue ones. I read somewhere that there are stability problems or something with certain colors of finesse when mixed. Is this still true? I believe the finesses in question were g2, and these are g3. If it still applies, i guess i can just try it together to see the extent of the instability and if it's too bad i can just use two solids.

Kingsid3

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2008, 05:25:07 pm »
Its applies for G3's aswell. I have a blue and a white g3 and you can't mix them but they still look sweet together.

fzzyrn

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2008, 08:56:46 pm »
ok. what happens to them? Do they turn, or do they just tend to vibrate more on the string? JoJo Raton told me that if they vibrate, it'll go away as you drop them.

Tomko401

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2008, 12:11:52 am »
Babache XTreme Handsticks
TOMKO

Kingsid3

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2008, 08:54:31 am »
Sorry this is off topic, but yes they will turn not vibrate. Now lets get back on topic.