Author Topic: SnowBound: DiaboloBros  (Read 25708 times)

Diabolo Bro

SnowBound: DiaboloBros
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:47:26 pm »
Alright so after a year, here is my video.
Part one is a bit long so if your in school or something, I suggest watching part two, which I cut to 3 min.
Enjoy!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Thanks for watching.

Comments below are about the Trailer, until the comment in all bold.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: SnowBound Trailer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:01:38 am »
No way thats only a year! Gnarly stuff in that!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 12:42:11 am »
No way thats only a year! Gnarly stuff in that!

he is obsessive compulsive on his practice, I believe it was snowing when he was learning vertax genocides, he practiced for 7 hours straight, in the snow, until he got them, if I remember the story right.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:00:21 am »
Right - I'm not even watching this - who the **** thought trailers were a good idea.  You either have a good film or you don't. Non of this "I've got this for now, & I'm sure I'll film better stuff for the final vid".  If you have it - show it, if not keep ****ing quiet until you do - no trailers.

& don't even try and use the editing excuse
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 01:04:19 am »
Right - I'm not even watching this - who the **** thought trailers were a good idea.  You either have a good film or you don't. Non of this "I've got this for now, & I'm sure I'll film better stuff for the final vid".  If you have it - show it, if not keep ****ing quiet until you do - no trailers.

Fair Enough, but haven't yet heard the editing excuse? Just thought I'd have some fun with the editing.
he is obsessive compulsive on his practice, I believe it was snowing when he was learning vertax genocides, he practiced for 7 hours straight, in the snow, until he got them, if I remember the story right.
That would be correct, good job, I'd give you a plaque if I had one.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 01:54:56 am »

Bang on. You aren't selling this to a paying customer so why bother "building up the tension of the arrival of your video". After watching the trailer, it hasn't given me any insight into what I should expect, just a few choppy frames that had to be crammed in so they'd suit the timing of the music.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 02:06:01 am »
Bang on. You aren't selling this to a paying customer so why bother "building up the tension of the arrival of your video". After watching the trailer, it hasn't given me any insight into what I should expect, just a few choppy frames that had to be crammed in so they'd suit the timing of the music.
Alright, Alright point taken, Like I said I only make trailers for fun with editing, not for promotional reasons.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 06:32:40 am »
Wow, I'm compulsive with practice, but not that compulsive.
Probably the most compulsive thing i've done related to juggling,(And had never done juggling before this) is in 2 weeks learn 3 and 4 ball juggling(As well as loads of tricks)

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 12:16:53 pm »
Ha thats a mighty fine burning there :)

peace and love:)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 01:18:38 pm »
Mad progress, but is this gonna be another 10minute video?

I think people would rather see a 3/4/5minute video of finetuned tricks instead of a video full of repetitive trick variations.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

TomerB

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 07:47:10 pm »
You progress is so awesome !!!

Well done. Waiting for the full vid  ;)

Beni

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 11:46:37 am »
I think people would rather see a 3/4/5minute video of finetuned tricks instead of a video full of repetitive trick variations.

What he said, or you could just release shorter videos more frequently.

Beni
(Happy New Year!)

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 01:27:50 pm »
Mad progress, but is this gonna be another 10minute video?

Yeah, I personally don't like watching lengthy videos, I try to keep it short.
What he said, or you could just release shorter videos more frequently.
(Happy New Year!)
I could videos more frequently but I usually release videos every month, I'm not sure how close to go.
Happy New Year as well.

I'll change the title of the thread and bump it when the video is finished.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 10:09:21 pm »
nice to see some original stuff there. cough.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 01:04:34 pm »
maybe every month is too much. and halloween was like 20 minutes. maybe one every 3-4 months?
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »
i think your an attention seeker

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 06:27:18 pm »
Looking forward to seeing the full vid...

Trailor comments acknowledged with interest.....

....perhaps if you're going to put a trailer in then use the same trailor thread for the main vid too?!  ::)

pippy

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 10:53:32 pm »

I think this is an interesting point for everyone to take notice of.  I've rarely seen a diabolo video that lasts even 6 minutes that truly interests and engages me throughout (no i haven't seen diabology yet).  My main reasoning is that people tend to repeat a trick excessively with minor variations and as much as I respect their superior skill, would it not be better to use these variations in new videos?  I would say that these long videos are kind of like watching all three Lord of the Rings movies in a row after already knowing what happens. Excessively long, boringly action packed as you already know what the actions are alas, once or twice, you notice something new.
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 02:56:49 am »
maybe every month is too much. and halloween was like 20 minutes. maybe one every 3-4 months?
Yeah that would probably be a better time frame. I used to make videos a year ago that were spaced like that, but then my trick capacity increased and I found it hard to simply make a video that was short, as I was forced to eliminate tricks, have to chose between new creaive tricks and incredibly difficult tricks has always been hard. I'm hoping to keep this one shorter.
i think your an attention seeker
Forward... :-\ Okay ;)
....perhaps if you're going to put a trailer in then use the same trailor thread for the main vid too?!  ::)
Yep old rules shouldn't go unnoticed.

Beni

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 04:39:37 pm »
Be careful there Pippy, I don't know how advanced you are at diabolo but when I was first starting diabolo Antonin and Eric's "Of Baguettes and Diabolos" was nothing compared to what I see in it now — it was all way above my head. The "same trick with little variations" may seem silly now, but when you come to learn and appreciate the trick you'll understand why it was put in the video.
However, you have a point; a lot of videos have tricks everyone has seen a million times (VERTAX ****ING GENOCIDES >:() which can be really annoying and repetitive, sort of like listening to the entire discography of Trivium.

Beni