Author Topic: SnowBound: DiaboloBros  (Read 26103 times)

tommi

• VotW Contributor
Re: SnowBound: DiaboloBros
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2008, 08:48:43 pm »
Can you do 3low?

Every time I tried it today, I qualified it ::) But to be serious, I wouldn't perform it on stage..

TomerB

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2008, 09:06:09 pm »
Mad progress.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2008, 10:12:43 pm »
Mad progress.
Thanks
I'm kinda confused wether this is a ''look what I've learned'' video or a ''real'' diabolo video.

If it is the first --> well done!
If it is the second --> keep the real nice tricks, throw away the other 80% of the tricks and make a 4 minute mind blowing video.

Other than that, mad progress.
I'm gonna say 50?50 half are standard cliche tricks that simply represent progress, and the other half are less common inovative tricks, like double trash's web, 2d eiffel tower, quintuple overwhip, stuff like that.
Every time I tried it today, I qualified it ::) But to be serious, I wouldn't perform it on stage..
Then 15-30 days after where you are now is when those tricks were filmed.
But NICE PROGRESS, and work on your style
My style only shines after learning a trick, especially in performances, most of these are first time lands, but I can add much style to previously learned tricks, and probably these in another month.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2008, 12:21:21 am »
Well yes style. You seem to be a trick monkey.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2008, 01:18:58 am »
Well yes style. You seem to be a trick monkey.
Juggling monkey as Jason Garfield would say. :D

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 09:58:18 am »
9 minutes! seriously? you could cut the crap and leave it at 2 easily, good trickery but get it smooth before putting it on film, QUALITY NOT QUANTITY, your 2d eiffell wasn't a true eiffell either just to split hairs,

lz

doesn't approve of using other peoples tricks in vids
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 06:52:05 pm »
9 minutes! seriously? you could cut the crap and leave it at 2 easily, good trickery but get it smooth before putting it on film, QUALITY NOT QUANTITY, your 2d eiffell wasn't a true eiffell either just to split hairs,

lz

Few days ago i heard a wushu teacher say that kunfu got worse and worse because teachers did not teach the best techniques for the next generations, in fear that their pupils get better than their teacher. We don't want that to happen for diabolo now do we?
No one owns a trick, someone might own a style or a combo.
Chill.

robbie322

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 07:34:58 pm »
Few days ago i heard a wushu teacher say that kunfu got worse and worse because teachers did not teach the best techniques for the next generations, in fear that their pupils get better than their teacher. We don't want that to happen for diabolo now do we?
Chill.

amen, thing of all the tricks that have been taken from diabology by almost every diabolist who has watched the vid. diabolo couldnt possibly progress if we didnt use other people tricks, this doesnt mean originality is lost.
Making the possible totally impossible

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »
9 minutes! seriously? you could cut the crap and leave it at 2 easily, good trickery but get it smooth before putting it on film, QUALITY NOT QUANTITY, your 2d Eiffel wasn't a true eiffell either just to split hairs,
lz
You're right I even think this video was way too long, next one I'll keep short. Correct, the Eiffel had a twist at the bottom if it needs to be open, Didn't know, but I guess you could say it was a variation. There are all kinds of variations that don't involve such parameters.  Why split hairs?...pointless. ::)

Chill.
Well put, agree 100%, BTW I study wushu.....hmmm. :D
your a little copy cat. there was not one trick in there that i have not seen before, or in some variation.
Where have you seen a reverse 360, or 720 excalibur duicide before, (or in some variation.) I think that is a tremendous exaggeration.
Your video was just frame after frame after frame of tricks with no interesting angles or locations.
What part of the title Snowbound do you not understand.

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2008, 08:06:52 pm »
Trick stealing?
I don't really think this is an issue.
Tricks are meant to be used, it doesnt matter who made them.
If you care about trick "Stealing" then don't show your tricks.
If someone can do it, make a nice combo, or simply make it look nice, i think doing whatever trick you want is fine.
And further on, if you care about trick stealing, you can credit every basic trick, and many advanced ones to someone in history.
Yeah.
Also, the excalibur duicide looks great, I don't mind the spinning, the concept is impressive, and so is the trick.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2008, 08:17:30 pm »
Most of the video was inside. snowbound makes it sound like you are on a journey in search of snow? is that what you were trying to get across?
Lol  :D. Snowbound would be reffering to me not being able to venture to venture outside due to the conditions. Snowbound-adjective-confined or shut in by heavy snow.
I don't, in all of your videos you have put in too many Excalibur duicide. The whole concept of Excalibur duicides, it seems to me, has been taken over by you, whereas it was infact Eric and Antonin who first (correct me if I'm wrong here) pulled the trick off. Another point is that the trick isn't even clean. People do not want to see you spinning in circles trying to recover. Personally id much rather see you fail, and give the impression that you were trying to say 'well, here is someting that could be possible'.
I'm not sure it was diabology who pulled it off, I think it was devoloped in early '06. I think the 720 was pretty clean, in most I'm randomly running, then spinning for ages after, in that I at least had control ???
I was trying to help, if you cant take criticism, don't make, or should i say don't post, diabolo videos.
Alright, I see you were trying to help, and I apologize. I suppose it was this
your a little copy cat.
that threw me. ::)

Thanks to all comments.

-Diabolo Bro

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2008, 08:33:22 pm »
Using tricks of other isn't really a big deal, but at least try to fit them into a nice little combo. All you do is learning trick after trick after trick after trick without style,flow and combo's. Everybody must make his own decisions of course, I don't mind if you decide to do so, but your video's are just plain boring.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2008, 08:59:31 pm »
i not argueing again about trick stealing so i'll keep it simple, in my eyes for a vid to be good it needs to have unseen material throughout, dont you think someone else's name coming up on the screen in your vid is a little degarading? i just dont see the point thats all. your good enough to come up with your own stuff so do it. obviosly learn other peoples tricks we all do, just dont use them in your vid.

lz

whatever i'm probably gonna get bitched at now, dont care old debate found here
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3160.0
dont care dont care dont care
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Beni

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:13 pm »
Matt, you're being ridiculous.
Complaining that AL is "taking over" vertax duicides is just you being jealous — I have never seen anything else close to a 720 vertax duicide. The fact that it takes him some time to recover is completely understandable.
I saw lots of originality, and I actually quite enjoyed the close up filming and the style of the video. It made a single flat throw with 3 clubs look really cool (for example).
And your criticism about location? It's winter, what do you expect?! I guess I'll just quit thinking about filming some of my stuff 'cause it would be filmed inside. Ah well, better no video then, God forbid, a video INSIDE.
Al has already responded and thought about the constructive criticism — you coming and shoveling sh*t on everything aint productive.
@ langerz and Al: I tend to call eiffel towers with twists eiffels, and open eiffels 'pure' or 'complete' eiffels. I was gonna film a basic tutorial outlining these ideas, but alas; I can't as it would be filmed inside.

Beni

EDIT: Watched the video again, there was lots of original stuff.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2008, 09:29:04 pm »
Well put Beni.

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2008, 11:37:27 pm »
Oh no, here comes Beni to rain on my parade. sob.
lol :D
Its winter, yes, but i would beg to argue that a lot of places look much more idyllic in winter and are great for filming in. Another solution would be to wait to film, then film it when the weather gets better.
*checks thermometer*.....-7 yeah I'm going outside, snow makes your string slippery and diabolos wobble like crazy, and gloves limit abilities for handstick transfers. Ice on the ground make spins near impossible as well. As for filming when its over, I think diaboloing should live on despite being snowbound, and despite the locations being inside, who cares there are many creative tricks in here, and it would be a shame just to let them rot around until The snow melts, which last year, didn't happen until mid-April.
I never said That it was a bad trick, but perhaps he could have only included that scene of vertax duicides. And no Beni, I am not jealous. I haven't done vertax for ages, it isn't my thing, i just would like to see them credited to the creators.
Honestly, I agree, but with something archetypal, I mean, do I have to trace every BIG variation on a standard trick to the creator? J-whips, Vertax, the person who invented the stopover? I'll credit for specific tricks but an extreme variation on something is mine, do you credit the person who first did 2d (intraceable name) everytime you do a trick in a video? Only if you directly use the trick they did.
Me shoveling sh*t on everything. Very mature Beni. Am i not allowed to express my opinion.
I agree that Beni's choice of words didn't help, and compromised the meaning of the phrase, But I agree with what its saying Matt, you're allowed to express your opinion, but its the words that you use that make what you say seem less credible. If you don't believe that, take Beni's phrase as an example. Though the root of what he said was sensible, his choice of words conveyed it disrespectfully.

-Diabolo Bro

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2008, 01:31:48 am »
I think there was some nice stuff.  My main issue is that your tricks aren't clean.  It looks like you barely got it especially on the 3 diabolo stuff.  Also there is some repetitive stuff in there like how you show a 3 diabolo shuffle then you show tricks later or a 2 diabolo mini-g and a 2 diabolo double mini-g, and the leg ping pong.  They were cool but show the best version and not the not as good ones because this video is extremely long.  Nice skills for a year, you learn alot faster than I do.  I envy that along with your vertax skills w/ the duicide and the really cool integral. 

Josh

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2008, 05:11:35 am »
Lol  :D. Snowbound would be reffering to me not being able to venture to venture outside due to the conditions. Snowbound-adjective-confined or shut in by heavy snow.

Yet you were outside in the video? Little logic please. (ASDF)

Ice on the ground make spins near impossible as well.
Never stopped Sharpes.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2008, 11:57:12 am »
I am so sorry I forgot to put this in the video. I credit M4U with the integral. I knew I forgot something. :'(

Yet you were outside in the video? Little logic please. (ASDF)
Those days it wasn't particularly cold, 10, maybe eleven degrees farenhieght. But it was hell.
Never stopped Sharpes.
Respect to them, mount Washington is cold as sh*t, on the ice, I've found at least, that the snow factor isn't an issue. They found away to use the ice as an advantage, but I only saw a few tricks not involving it. I'm guessing that if you're trying to land 6420, You wouldn't want to try it on glare ice.

Dan

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2008, 04:18:01 pm »
I liked the video alot.  Yes as everyone before has said its a tad long and repetitive but still some pretty nice skills in there.  I agree with Josh on this point that you should practise making your tricks cleaner then film rather than film as soon as you've pulled it off.  Ye sure filming the trick whilst only just making it satisfies a revolutionary VoTW but a complete diabolo video needs to have refined and flowing tricks. 

Off-topic:  What the hell has happened to this forum??  All the bitching, unwanted criticism and general hatred towards each other or others tricks.  We all diabolo to have fun, some make money others do it for a hobby but the general reason to do it is to have fun!  If that means pissing on other peoples campfires when they believe they've achieved something or wanted to show something to the rest of the diabolo community then you can expect no respect back towards you.  Constructive criticism is necessary for the creators to make their videos/skill/style better but theres a fine line between being constructive and just being over critical.  The forum in general has gone downhill over the past year or so and i could sift through the majority of comments and regard them as insignificant to the topic due to the nature of the content.  Rather see an option to allow or not allow comments on video threads or similarly 1 post per user in a video thread etc.

Anyway enjoyed the video in general and insane progress for only a year!

Dan